HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree488Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2016, 09:36 PM   #2251

[IMG][/IMG]

just got it frame only..... need go get my lens fixed soon

got prada dior etc, all marked down sales.... dont know do hoya lens singapore better or JB
bro u can gather some info from ur side of opticians in sg while i do mine at woodlands area. perhaps can exchange since i went to CS and KSL to inquire abit regarding the prices (:
jemtxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #2252

nice what's the damage? where you hoot from?
900 plus from one of the authorize dealer.. Previously looking at oakley, and oliver people finally settle for this..
snip82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:54 AM   #2253
Supremacy Member

900 plus from one of the authorize dealer.. Previously looking at oakley, and oliver people finally settle for this..
so high end sia and ex.
rayban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:32 AM   #2254
Master Member

anyone tried the OOPPA eyewear shop in JB city square?

concept like SG's owndays
Amigogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2016, 10:48 AM   #2255
Master Member

Hi all,

My toddler grabbed my spectacles and threw it on the floor numerous times. Yesterday, the frame broke. I immediately bought a hingeless frame online so that my lenses can be reused.

Anyone knows roughly how much the optical shop will charge if I bring my own lens and frame for it to assemble into one for me?

My budget is $20. Enough?
paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 09:09 AM   #2256
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi folks, I also digging more information for Hoya... I wanted to block pc light so I guess Blue control feature is a need....

Then i see simi remark, hilux, nulux... do these go together with blue control? then i see simi anti scratch thing also.... Head giddy liao...

Btw I was quoted $250 for frame and hoya lens with blue control... is that cheap or expensive? Queensway shopping enter
kediraksith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 09:49 AM   #2257
Arch-Supremacy Member

guys... just bought a frame from optical 88 WH last week.... need an advice...... what lens do you all recommend me to get?

Hoya? Carl? or Crizal
lionelfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 09:56 AM   #2258
Supremacy Member

Hi folks, I also digging more information for Hoya... I wanted to block pc light so I guess Blue control feature is a need....

Then i see simi remark, hilux, nulux... do these go together with blue control? then i see simi anti scratch thing also.... Head giddy liao...

Btw I was quoted $250 for frame and hoya lens with blue control... is that cheap or expensive? Queensway shopping enter
i think ok price given that i was quoted for hoya lens with blue coating for 200+, which mean your frame should be quite cheap
rayban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #2259
Arch-Supremacy Member

okay after shopping for a few days, i've found out more info..

Basically Im looking for Hoya Lens with blue control, or PC lens...

I now believe the frame at Queensway is indeed cheap ones. Most shops i go to, and it seems there's a standard retail pricing coz all shop price same for hoya lens...

$180 for 1.5, 300deg, blue control.
$260~$280 for 1.6 aspheric blue control...

Then i was highlighted that Hoya came out new lens called the HVPLL or something... extra durable or something...

$480 1.6 blue control... dun have lower for blue control liao...

Would to ask what you guys will do?

Whack $500 for a new hoya lens?
Whack $300 for a old hoya lens?
Whack $300 for owndays?

Actually what's the deal with tag huer okaley specs ah? Why so TMD ex?
kediraksith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2016, 04:22 PM   #2260
Supremacy Member

Hi, my degree is ~500 each side.

I'm looking for specs without the two nosepad(?) which green algae will grow on.

Any recommendations for them around jb city square?

rollanddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #2261
Master Member

Hi, my degree is ~500 each side.

I'm looking for specs without the two nosepad(?) which green algae will grow on.

Any recommendations for them around jb city square?
theres a newly open shop like owndays one called ooppa eyewear
Amigogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #2262
Supremacy Member

Change specs a month ago to Oakley Airdrop Asian Fit. I've been getting these tiring strain-pain around my eyebrows. Its my first time using those asian fit nosepad and my current lens is a downgrade from Crizal. Degree left is +25. Anyone can share which part of these is causing my pains? I really really dont want to drop another $300 for a new pair.
metamofia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2016, 07:48 PM   #2263
Master Member

Change specs a month ago to Oakley Airdrop Asian Fit. I've been getting these tiring strain-pain around my eyebrows. Its my first time using those asian fit nosepad and my current lens is a downgrade from Crizal. Degree left is +25. Anyone can share which part of these is causing my pains? I really really dont want to drop another $300 for a new pair.
im also experiencing this kind of discomfort
on my left eye for my last few pair of specs
including my current pair.
i really dunno what/where’s the problem.
Initially i thought it was because i changed to those plastic frame which is nearer to my face compared to those metal frame with extra nose support that stretch the specs further out,
but i drop the plastic frame and went back to metal frame & another frame w extra nose support, yet the discomfort is still there,
just sometimes mild, sometimes more serious.
i really dunno why....
sigh.
Joelleyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2016, 07:59 PM   #2264
Master Member

Why not go back and ask the optician the problem and see if what they say? Maybe they can adjust the frame and the strain/pain will go away.
super365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2016, 11:27 PM   #2265
Master Member

Why not go back and ask the optician the problem and see if what they say? Maybe they can adjust the frame and the strain/pain will go away.
the thing is i did went back n i went different shops to make other pairs as well, keep having this problem. haizzz.
Joelleyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.