HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree479Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #2461

Anyone knows where to make just the lens at a cheap price? I only have one pair of spectacles and usually they will need to take away the spectacles to make the lens right? (Other than owndays that can do it within 20mins but $198 for hi index is quite steep for me)
omglolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:17 PM   #2462
Supremacy Member

Anyone knows where to make just the lens at a cheap price? I only have one pair of spectacles and usually they will need to take away the spectacles to make the lens right? (Other than owndays that can do it within 20mins but $198 for hi index is quite steep for me)
go any optician shop they should do for u.. some dun wan cause scared they make spoil cannot pay u
razorlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:14 AM   #2463

$198 can do a brand new specs at some shop already, they wouldn't need to take away ur specs to do a new one for u.

nbhw_0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:58 AM   #2464
High Supremacy Member

Do at neighborhood shop.. Boon lay here have $75..
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:01 PM   #2465
Supremacy Member

how do i know if the hoya lens i received is authentic? i forgot to ask for authencity card. and even if they got give the card.. can also be from other customer who didnt collect?
Old 10-08-2016, 09:44 PM   #2466

Any idea where to donate, recycle or trade in old glasses? Rather branded but already 4-5 years old
sansanjikikut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #2467

Yongming at KSL, anyone know if can collect on tat day or need to wait?
curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:40 AM   #2468
Supremacy Member

Yongming at KSL, anyone know if can collect on tat day or need to wait?
I think holiday plaza yong ming cheaper.
1.6 index normal lens maybe can. Most spects shop only keep normal 1.6 index lens. If their inventory have, then can collect same day.

Saw quite alot ppl at yong ming at holiday plaza. Bought my spects from ban eyecare.
Lee cooper frame and Blue whale lens 500degrees 1.67index for RM660.
Another Korean plastic frame + Hoya lens 1.6index, forgot price.

Having doubts about their honesty.They say blue whale lens is US brand, but when I go home n Google check, blue whales is their local brand. Their website, server, factory, distributors, all in KL. When I ask them, they say is cause the lens company is acting as middleman, which I have trouble believing. The Hoya lens for the other frame, they also never give us authencity card, nor can I find Hoya trademark on the lens, need to go see other optician see if the lens is indeed Hoya since their trademark isn't that easy to see.

Went on Sunday, they say coming wed latest thur can collect, will WhatsApp us. On wed, no msg, fb msg them, reply me cannot confirm.
Thur, noon I at Jb customs liao they then msg me say courier problem lens can only come on Friday noon.
Friday evening they then update us say ready.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:48 AM   #2469

I think holiday plaza yong ming cheaper.
1.6 index normal lens maybe can. Most spects shop only keep normal 1.6 index lens. If their inventory have, then can collect same day.

Saw quite alot ppl at yong ming at holiday plaza. Bought my spects from ban eyecare.
Lee cooper frame and Blue whale lens 500degrees 1.67index for RM660.
Another Korean plastic frame + Hoya lens 1.6index, forgot price.

Having doubts about their honesty.They say blue whale lens is US brand, but when I go home n Google check, blue whales is their local brand. Their website, server, factory, distributors, all in KL. When I ask them, they say is cause the lens company is acting as middleman, which I have trouble believing. The Hoya lens for the other frame, they also never give us authencity card, nor can I find Hoya trademark on the lens, need to go see other optician see if the lens is indeed Hoya since their trademark isn't that easy to see.

Went on Sunday, they say coming wed latest thur can collect, will WhatsApp us. On wed, no msg, fb msg them, reply me cannot confirm.
Thur, noon I at Jb customs liao they then msg me say courier problem lens can only come on Friday noon.
Friday evening they then update us say ready.
OO hoya got authencity card? I did mine in sg 2x. Don't remember if I received it the first time but i did not received it the second time.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #2470
Supremacy Member

OO hoya got authencity card? I did mine in sg 2x. Don't remember if I received it the first time but i did not received it the second time.
Ya have. And on the lens got their trademark. Need shine light n see. Quite small
Old 12-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #2471

Shine and see, don't have.. Hmm...
Old 13-08-2016, 11:52 PM   #2472

Hi guys whats the market rate of Crizal preventia 1.6 index?
king_of_diamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 01:25 PM   #2473

May I know where I can buy reasonable Ic berlin glasses frame through online? The local shops are too expensive. Appreciate the help.
eXceSsivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 12:36 PM   #2474

Hi guys whats the market rate of Crizal preventia 1.6 index?
The recommended retail price is $210, but some shops may offer a 10-20% off the lens.
peggwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #2475

If you just wana make the lens only, there's $50 at Hougang central but ultimately prices dependent on factors like your degree and the coating of the lens you require, but will need you to place your frame down. Alternatively you can make a brand new pair at $78 and likewise, prices dependent on the quality of frame, your degree and the coating of the lens.

Last edited by peggwong; 15-08-2016 at 01:14 PM..
peggwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.