Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree456Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #3676

Anyone know if the coosh specs from Nanyang optic gud MA
asirania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #3677

Hi guys, thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Basically I have 200 deg only in my left eye.
So I don't really need to wear glasses because my right eye compensate most of the time.

But night driving can be quite challenging and I travel quite a bit.

So I am looking for a pair of transition lens with a pair of compact frames which hopefully can be kept in a strong box which are as thin as 2cm if possible. Basically so I can keep it in my travel bag or jacket without accidentally crashing it.
aiers2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 02:33 AM   #3678
Master Member

as you get older, you might have long sightedness, do it affect your short sightedness ?

i am 43 and recently, my glasses seems to be not very clear and i need to bring items with small wordings a distance away to see them clearly,

wonder if i should go and get my eye sight checked and maybe need to change the lenses of my 4 to 5 glasses
Merry xmas bro!

Long sightedness in some cases will cause ur short sightedness to improves slightly.
Whatever that is happening to you now is the result of presbyopia/laohua.
Probably you need to switch to a progressive lens. Its better to start early so as to have better adaptation or else when your reading power increases further, adaptation will be harder as you will have the common complains of giddy, dizzy, floating sensation.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 02:36 AM   #3679
Master Member

Is it normal for the degree to decrease? Tested my eyesight and was told that degrees decreased by 50.
Yes its normal! Apart from nature taking its course, other reasons might be sometimes your vision might fluctuate at different times of the day causing your prescription to fluctuate with it. Good example is after a long day using computer/office work and you take an eye examination, usually the power might not be as precise as you might have some difficulty focusing due to the fatigue throughout the day!
Old 25-12-2017, 02:41 AM   #3680
Master Member

Hi,

What is the price range for HOYA 1.67 dynamic premium lens (progressive len) after discount?

What is the different between dynamic premium vs dynamic summit? Which one is better?

Thanks....
Merry Xmas bro,

i think they refer to it as trueform premium and trueform summit. Difference is premium has a wider field of view for reading and sharper clarity at distance as compared to trueform summit. But trueform summit is still better than the normal summit series lenses(economy class lenses). Pricewise is depending on the shop already. As we know, different places quotes different discount. So it subjective
Old 25-12-2017, 02:44 AM   #3681
Master Member

Hi guys, thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Basically I have 200 deg only in my left eye.
So I don't really need to wear glasses because my right eye compensate most of the time.

But night driving can be quite challenging and I travel quite a bit.

So I am looking for a pair of transition lens with a pair of compact frames which hopefully can be kept in a strong box which are as thin as 2cm if possible. Basically so I can keep it in my travel bag or jacket without accidentally crashing it.
Merry Xmas bro,

Actually this is not really good for you in long term as you are relying on one eye to do most of the heavy lifting(seeing). Might have more eye strain and all.
You can consider looking at frames like Form-max where it can bend/fold? into a thin 2-3cm thick frame? Take note that transitions doesnt really change in the car due to the UV protection your car windscreen has.
Hope this helps!
Old 25-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #3682

Merry Xmas bro,

Actually this is not really good for you in long term as you are relying on one eye to do most of the heavy lifting(seeing). Might have more eye strain and all.
You can consider looking at frames like Form-max where it can bend/fold? into a thin 2-3cm thick frame? Take note that transitions doesnt really change in the car due to the UV protection your car windscreen has.
Hope this helps!
Bro, my eye got long history. My left eye underwent retina detachment + cataract thus the 200 deg. I read got new transition lens call drivewear which will tint even if in car.

Form-max looks good. Do you know where I can get them in sgp. I Google only jb shop show up. Or any other brands like form-max?
aiers2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #3683

Hi Gangsterkia
I just walked into any optician near work for a test and final readings are:
-2.0 both lenses with .125 for reading part, 1.5 thickness.
Was only shown Zeiss progressive lens brochure and there's 4 variants of which these names I forget!

The cheapest comes in $750 whilst the second from top is $950. Both plus $50 for the blue coating.

Can you advise if this is standard Zeiss pricing in SG and should I expect not much discount given markups-to-overheads means there's very little leeway for the store? For the sake of a few % versus walking elsewhere I mean.

I didn't ask about the top of the range one but the chap said the lens is fully customised so is expensive.
Any idea how much more I should expect to pay over the second most expensive one?
Lastly, apart from cost, should this top of the range customisation be way superior based on your past customer feedback? Thx!
seeyoudownthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 03:56 AM   #3684
Master Member

Hi Gangsterkia
Was only shown Zeiss progressive lens brochure and there's 4 variants of which these names I forget!

The cheapest comes in $750 whilst the second from top is $950. Both plus $50 for the blue coating.

Can you advise if this is standard Zeiss pricing in SG and should I expect not much discount given markups-to-overheads means there's very little leeway for the store? For the sake of a few % versus walking elsewhere I mean.

I didn't ask about the top of the range one but the chap said the lens is fully customised so is expensive.
Any idea how much more I should expect to pay over the second most expensive one?
Lastly, apart from cost, should this top of the range customisation be way superior based on your past customer feedback? Thx!
hi guys/bro, i've been really busy the past few days on work and studies. I will try to reply you guys later on in the evening! See you guys soooon!
Old 31-12-2017, 02:55 AM   #3685

anyone bought from vision lab?

duno wan to go make my spec before this deal lapse on 31 dec
MindHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 03:07 AM   #3686

Merry xmas bro!

Long sightedness in some cases will cause ur short sightedness to improves slightly.
Whatever that is happening to you now is the result of presbyopia/laohua.
Probably you need to switch to a progressive lens. Its better to start early so as to have better adaptation or else when your reading power increases further, adaptation will be harder as you will have the common complains of giddy, dizzy, floating sensation.
Hi gangsterkia, if I tired out easily, feel nausea and frequently need to remove my spec and put on again or slid it up.......the problem is with my frame or lenses?

did my eye tests early last year in march
MindHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 01:05 PM   #3687
Master Member

progressive+transition lens usually expensive? Mine is 650/700 and of late have been seeing double vision when trying to read. Either i have to take off my glasses and put it closely to my eyes to read or adjust the viewing distance.

In STOCK Huawei E5573Cs-609 MiFi $55/Smartpac PM me
acidcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 10:00 PM   #3688
Master Member

Hey! Let's say ruling out underlying eye issues, it seems likely that your reading power has increased, or else the adjustment is abit off thus you are not looking through the correct area(reading area) thus needing to push it up to get back in focus and this constant shifting caused a headache! Maybe you can ask your optical shop staff to adjust the nosepads closer to one another thus increasing the grip and tightness!
Happy new year and hope this helps!

Hi gangsterkia, if I tired out easily, feel nausea and frequently need to remove my spec and put on again or slid it up.......the problem is with my frame or lenses?

did my eye tests early last year in march
Old 31-12-2017, 10:02 PM   #3689
Master Member

Progressive pure, progressive plus, precision Superb and individual 2? Pricing wise I will check for you Tmr when I am back at work! Sorry for procrastinating, work is so crazy recently and exams are round the corner..😑

Hi Gangsterkia

Old 01-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #3690
Master Member

Hi Gangsterkia

Bro, before i get started, the prices quoted to you have discount alr? or just rrp?
I honestly believe your degree and all u can just go with 2/3rd best lens can alr. dont need highest for sure. Different shop gives different discount like what i always mention, so sometimes certain customers will just be fine with lesser discount as they are comfortable with the optician/optometrist service.
That said, of course if you want the clearest view then get individual 2 but imho, precision superb or precision plus/Asiana is good enough. But i need to know the answer to the first qns first!
Happy new year btw!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.