HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree486Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #3796
Master Member

Hoya has 3 tier of lenses. The most expensive being the one with hvll coating, followed by stellify with hvp coating and finally Pentax with their INC coating. Pentax is the more Budget one, stellify is affordable and what I am using now.
However I have another frame which is using the hvll coating and an anti fatigue lens.

Also as I always mentioned, I am not a sensitive to clarity vision kind of person so between hvll and hvp I have no preference. Even the index 1.55 and 1.6 which usually have slight difference in abbé value also doesn't affect me. But of course probably my degree also 300 not that bad..

i mean if Crizal and Hoya both having the same addon feature...

same degree, same thickness, everything same...

Hoya very expensive?
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 09:22 PM   #3797

Anyone knows how to improve eyesight haha
lollipop789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #3798
Supremacy Member

200-300! before less
thanks can Sic where to go and see all these? hope got cny promotion
rayban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #3799

Hoya has 3 tier of lenses. The most expensive being the one with hvll coating, followed by stellify with hvp coating and finally Pentax with their INC coating. Pentax is the more Budget one, stellify is affordable and what I am using now.
However I have another frame which is using the hvll coating and an anti fatigue lens.

Also as I always mentioned, I am not a sensitive to clarity vision kind of person so between hvll and hvp I have no preference. Even the index 1.55 and 1.6 which usually have slight difference in abbé value also doesn't affect me. But of course probably my degree also 300 not that bad..
can the optic shop check what type of Hoya lens that we using as it is make from another shop?
steven168z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #3800
Master Member

Nope.. unless they give you the lens authenticity card or if they never, you can always request from then anytime if you go back. Some places give while others give when customer request!

can the optic shop check what type of Hoya lens that we using as it is make from another shop?
Old 31-01-2018, 12:08 PM   #3801
High Supremacy Member

Nope.. unless they give you the lens authenticity card or if they never, you can always request from then anytime if you go back. Some places give while others give when customer request!
That means they collect so many cards that even if lenses is no brand one they can fake it as branded one by give u a card?
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #3802
Master Member

This is very subjective. Based on the shop integrity TBH...but essilor and zeiss can tell. Hoya also got certain engraving but usually is at the extreme end of the unfinished lenses thus when the lens is edged/cut to fit into frame then the engraving will be gone.

Also certain Brand’s lenses card do not state the name of the cx, and degree. Just the card stating the lens and authenticity. But of course there are others that do. But for names engraving on the card, usually progressives then have but must request.

That means they collect so many cards that even if lenses is no brand one they can fake it as branded one by give u a card?

Last edited by GANGSTERKIA; 31-01-2018 at 12:29 PM..
Old 31-01-2018, 12:43 PM   #3803
Master Member

An example. No name just the card power and all. Depending, if cx wants, the shop can easily request for it. But for single vision lenses usually no such thing. From my knowledge zeiss should do it.

Last edited by GANGSTERKIA; 31-01-2018 at 12:57 PM..
Old 31-01-2018, 09:22 PM   #3804
High Supremacy Member

An example. No name just the card power and all. Depending, if cx wants, the shop can easily request for it. But for single vision lenses usually no such thing. From my knowledge zeiss should do it.
Thanks for clarifying.. Previously I bought Crizal transition the warranty card is just a normal card.
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #3805

Hello guys,

I got my specs and lenses about 2 years back. Lenses are zeiss with blue light control.

Unfortunately one side of my eye is deteriorating and I would like to change the degree of one lens.

Is there a way of just changing one side? Can I go to any other shop that sells zeiss lenses?
marsbarsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:36 PM   #3806
Master Member

Some lens can see light blue or pink tint from a angle, what do u call those lens
Halo green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:40 PM   #3807
Master Member

Hello guys,

I got my specs and lenses about 2 years back. Lenses are zeiss with blue light control.

Unfortunately one side of my eye is deteriorating and I would like to change the degree of one lens.

Is there a way of just changing one side? Can I go to any other shop that sells zeiss lenses?
Hi bro, definitely! U can just change one side BUT since its 2 years ago, yellowing of the lens might occur and thus unless you are fine with 1 side clear and 1 side slightly yellow. Then you are good to go with just changing one side.

Most optical shop should carry zeiss lenses.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:41 PM   #3808
Master Member

Some lens can see light blue or pink tint from a angle, what do u call those lens
Blue filter lenses/computer lenses.

Different lens companies have their own signature trademark for their lenses.

e.g. essilor-prevencia, hoya-blue control, zeiss- blue protect.- common ones.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #3809

Hi bro, definitely! U can just change one side BUT since its 2 years ago, yellowing of the lens might occur and thus unless you are fine with 1 side clear and 1 side slightly yellow. Then you are good to go with just changing one side.

Most optical shop should carry zeiss lenses.

Hope this helps!
Thanks! Do you know where offers the best deal for zeiss blue light lenses? I forgot where I got my lenses from already
marsbarsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:50 PM   #3810

Hi Gangsterkia,

Are Hi-Top lenses good? My regular optician only provides this brand.
Powwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.