HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree455Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #3811
Master Member

Hi good afternoon!

Hi-TOP lenses are basic lenses which are good enough for a Normal person e.g. Me. Clarity wise may not be as sharp as the big Brand’s but hitop works fine!

Hi Gangsterkia,

Are Hi-Top lenses good? My regular optician only provides this brand.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #3812
Master Member

Hmm.. sorry bro this is really subjective. Different places offer different discounts so I can't really recommend you a place. Maybe certain shop that sells more zeiss lens will be able to give you the discount you need..
I can probably think of KJ optoms or jamco at this point of time off hand.

Thanks! Do you know where offers the best deal for zeiss blue light lenses? I forgot where I got my lenses from already
Old 03-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #3813
High Supremacy Member

if ur lenses become brownish after long term uses, any way to remove the brown tint?
vbhelper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #3814
Master Member

How Long? Those are usually wear and tear of the lenses if it becomes yellowish.. usually after 2-3 years you might see it..

if ur lenses become brownish after long term uses, any way to remove the brown tint?
Old 05-02-2018, 05:36 AM   #3815

Zeiss single vision individual

Hi Bro Gangsterkia, can I check what is the turnaround time to make a pair of Zeiss Single Vision Individual? Coming back to sg during the CNY period for 2 weeks and need to make a new pair of spectacles. I am currently wearing a pair of Zeiss Single Vision Superb.

I do a lot of fine stitching so need my vision to be as sharp as possible. I am also bothered by oncoming glare when driving - not sure if should go for the drivesafe or digital lenses +/- blueprotect?
AaronGoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #3816
Master Member

Hi bro, best is you make soon. Usually 1 week to 10 days max! If Glare affecting you, you can either go individual+drivesafe. Will update you asap, I be reaching work soon😅

Hi Bro Gangsterkia, can I check what is the turnaround time to make a pair of Zeiss Single Vision Individual? Coming back to sg during the CNY period for 2 weeks and need to make a new pair of spectacles. I am currently wearing a pair of Zeiss Single Vision Superb.

I do a lot of fine stitching so need my vision to be as sharp as possible. I am also bothered by oncoming glare when driving - not sure if should go for the drivesafe or digital lenses +/- blueprotect?
Old 05-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #3817
Master Member

Alright, I would suggest if you feel that your current glasses is clear enough, then stick the the same one but perhaps using blue protect+duravision to achieve the same clarity and reduced glare. However when doing your stitching, is Colour perception important? As blue protect also might cause your vision to turn slighttttttttly yellow.
If it does affect you then I would say go individual sv, because drivesafe also has a slight yellowish hue to it. Thus individual will allow you to achieve the maximum clarity coupled with your reduced glare at night.
I checked, wait time will probably take up Til 13th Feb if you get it done within next 2 days.

Last edited by GANGSTERKIA; 05-02-2018 at 12:49 PM..
Old 06-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #3818
Arch-Supremacy Member

is it normal for transition lens to turn yellowish around 1 year of usage?

my lens is zeiss
tank_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:29 AM   #3819
Master Member

Transition lenses are naturally slightly yellowish/grey. Don't worry bout that!

is it normal for transition lens to turn yellowish around 1 year of usage?

my lens is zeiss
Old 06-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #3820

Hi Bro Gangsterkia,

I bought a frame online and wish to make a progressive lens locally, currently I am using Hoya Summit Phoenix True Form(??) and I also have another progressive lens using in-house brand by made at another optical shop, it is using Seiko lens. I am thinking to bring down the cost of making another progressive lens. Where can get it fixed? Thanks in advance.
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #3821
Arch-Supremacy Member

had bad experience, less than 1 year i see fine lines, bring back to shop they say the coating has problem..

anyone of u has such experience before?

Transition lenses are naturally slightly yellowish/grey. Don't worry bout that!
tank_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:21 PM   #3822
Master Member

I do encounter issues like this. There are times these happen but it's under the lens company to replace for you as there's warranty for the lens.
Many factors for fine lines, tissue clean, clothing clean, micro Fiber cloth never wash and clean..but cannot exactly pinpoint. Fines lines usually shouldn't be multicoating issue but the discolouration probably!

had bad experience, less than 1 year i see fine lines, bring back to shop they say the coating has problem..

anyone of u has such experience before?
Old 06-02-2018, 02:26 PM   #3823
Master Member

Oh Seiko lenses are not too bad. Summit Phoenix is trivex material. If it's true form mean either trueform premium or summit trueform. Not the id/trinity range as it's under summit series. If you want to take it down a notch, instead of trueform series, go just one level down to the summit series.
They tier themselves like airplane seats. Economy-summit series premium economy-trueform series business-id lifestyle/FD and first class-trinity and ID(standalone). There's a hidden one for the more luxurious few which is the mystyle(fully customised) and minimal distortion.

In your case, economy series of summit will suffice! But take note once you drop, reading area will be narrower and distance might not be as sharp as compared to a trueform one.
Hope this helps !

Hi Bro Gangsterkia,

I bought a frame online and wish to make a progressive lens locally, currently I am using Hoya Summit Phoenix True Form(??) and I also have another progressive lens using in-house brand by made at another optical shop, it is using Seiko lens. I am thinking to bring down the cost of making another progressive lens. Where can get it fixed? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:30 PM   #3824

Oh Seiko lenses are not too bad. Summit Phoenix is trivex material. If it's true form mean either trueform premium or summit trueform. Not the id/trinity range as it's under summit series. If you want to take it down a notch, instead of trueform series, go just one level down to the summit series.
They tier themselves like airplane seats. Economy-summit series premium economy-trueform series business-id lifestyle/FD and first class-trinity and ID(standalone). There's a hidden one for the more luxurious few which is the mystyle(fully customised) and minimal distortion.

In your case, economy series of summit will suffice! But take note once you drop, reading area will be narrower and distance might not be as sharp as compared to a trueform one.
Hope this helps !
Thanks for your prompt reply. Hoya is simply expensive as compared to Seiko. Also, I find it strange to have Hoya on an ordinary or non-branded frame?
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #3825
Master Member

Haha not surprising. Some shops only have this/that amount of Brand’s. But to support them, can always buy a frame from somewhere and go back make lens from them! Seiko is under Hoya too! Same as stellify and Pentax.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Hoya is simply expensive as compared to Seiko. Also, I find it strange to have Hoya on an ordinary or non-branded frame?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.