The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Anarky

Reaction score
Hi there, I don't think those are scratches.. most likely you use some kind of spray type hair product and the mist landed on the lens. Happens to me all the time too when I use heat protection spray before blow-drying my hair. Washes off with some water and soap even if it is caused by strong hold hair spray, no biggie

Hi all, came across this thread when I was looking for spec shop recommendation.

I'm looking at owndays for now, anybody had experience with owndays?

btw, does anybody happened to know what causes this kind of 'dot scratch'?

Before wash
oZewx33.jpg

After wash
IHbZXSU.jpg

Washing the specs remove a significant amount of the 'dot scratches' but after awhile maybe a day or 2, most will appear back. I tried changing the lens at my usual shop and this issue still occurs, suspect I was sold fake lenses.

Hope somebody can confirm :D

SG_Student

Reaction score
hi, do you know what lenses you are being sold in the first place?

It should be Crizal Prevencia

Do you or anyone in your house uses hair spray?

Hi there, I don't think those are scratches.. most likely you use some kind of spray type hair product and the mist landed on the lens. Happens to me all the time too when I use heat protection spray before blow-drying my hair. Washes off with some water and soap even if it is caused by strong hold hair spray, no biggie

Yes, I do use hair spray! It does make sense since it can be washed off. Thanks for the help! :D

Any recommendation for specs shop around Jurong area?

summer_dell

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apart from Paris miki, any other optical shop sells lindberg frames ?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, came across this thread when I was looking for spec shop recommendation.

I'm looking at owndays for now, anybody had experience with owndays?

btw, does anybody happened to know what causes this kind of 'dot scratch'?

Before wash
oZewx33.jpg

After wash
IHbZXSU.jpg

Washing the specs remove a significant amount of the 'dot scratches' but after awhile maybe a day or 2, most will appear back. I tried changing the lens at my usual shop and this issue still occurs, suspect I was sold fake lenses.

Hope somebody can confirm :D
every bath I spray both sides, and use washed t shirt to wipe it down, dry

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

shermainee

Reaction score
Anyway, just want to share.. In the end optical 88 changed my Hoya stellify 1.55 blue control lens to their house brand. Deluxe BRC 1.56BRC. Which honestly looks cheap to me. The staff claimed that this is more exp than the Hoya lens I got. But whatever. Felt cheated still. Thanks all for helping.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway, just want to share.. In the end optical 88 changed my Hoya stellify 1.55 blue control lens to their house brand. Deluxe BRC 1.56BRC. Which honestly looks cheap to me. The staff claimed that this is more exp than the Hoya lens I got. But whatever. Felt cheated still. Thanks all for helping.

in terms of reputable lenses brands, there are only limited choices.
dun see a reason to skip them for house brands. unless there is significant price advantage.

but lenses are the most important part of a spectacles, using a bad lense, it may not be good to eyes.

shermainee

Reaction score
Price still the same. Bought at 300+ with frame. The staff claimed that their house brand is more exp than the Hoya lens. And that they will "replace" for me for "free". Seriously their service suck. And also, I doubt that their house brand is more exp than Hoya one. But nvm, just wanna put this bad incident behind me.

in terms of reputable lenses brands, there are only limited choices.
dun see a reason to skip them for house brands. unless there is significant price advantage.

but lenses are the most important part of a spectacles, using a bad lense, it may not be good to eyes.

Last edited:

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
just collected my new spec. Oakley frame with Hoya Remark Trueform 1.6 HVLL BC.

First time wearing non 100% single vision lense.

view things from near distance indeed can tell the difference. Clearer and seems to be more ease to the eyes.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, for anyone who had bought the hoya lenses, may i know what kind of card/cert you received upon the collection of the lenses?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, for anyone who had bought the hoya lenses, may i know what kind of card/cert you received upon the collection of the lenses?

Hi,

You should receive the lens cards stating the prescription and details of your lenses.

However certain places might only give you the card Upon request. Do take note!

Cheers!

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

You should receive the lens cards stating the prescription and details of your lenses.

However certain places might only give you the card Upon request. Do take note!

Cheers!

I see. thanks for the info. I did receive the lenses quality card as my lenses are customised made and not stock lenses.

besides, I noticed that Hoya lenses are easier to attract stains or smurges on the lenses as compared to my previous crizal lenses.

my crizal lenses just use a bit of hand wash liquid plus water to wash, the lenses will be super clean.

however, my Hoya new lenses even I washed with many times similarly I still get those dotted mark over the lenses (something like the dotted scratches pointed out earlier by another bro here).

I went back to the shop just now to let them check, lucky they can be removed. The sales lady told me they are just marks. but funny thing is that it cannot be removed by me but they managed to remove with their machine wash.

kind of disappointed with the tougher ways of maintenance for the lenses for Hoya.

Think next time I must try zeiss lenses instead. Chosen Hoya this round becos I regretted that I never chose it last time when I bought my crizal. Now chose it becos it is known for the longer lasting of the coatings. but end up seems like very tough to maintain its cleanliness.

Last edited:

kolecho

Reaction score
How robust is Lindberg N.O.W. for day to day use? Does it rely on glue like Air Titanium to hold temple pieces to the front frame?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.