HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree456Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #3826

Haha not surprising. Some shops only have this/that amount of Brandís. But to support them, can always buy a frame from somewhere and go back make lens from them! Seiko is under Hoya too! Same as stellify and Pentax.
Hi Gangsterkia,
Didnít know Seiko is under Hoya too! Maybe I shall try to make over the causeway? Any idea, would it be cheaper as Singapore seems to be expensive. Thank you very much.

Last edited by nethdale; 06-02-2018 at 08:58 PM..
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:27 PM   #3827
Supremacy Member

Hi Gangsterkia,
Didnít know Seiko is unders Hoya too! Maybe I shall try to make over the causeway? Any idea, would it be cheaper as Singapore seems to be expensive. Thank you very much.
Go holiday plaza/ksl.
If go holiday plaza dont go ben eyecare.
razorlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #3828
Master Member

Hahah, think it's an open secret that across the crossway, certain places are cheaper, certain ones will jiak you up..

Hi Gangsterkia,
Didn’t know Seiko is unders Hoya too! Maybe I shall try to make over the causeway? Any idea, would it be cheaper as Singapore seems to be expensive. Thank you very much.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:57 PM   #3829

Go holiday plaza/ksl.
Hi, how about City Square? Any recommendation? My colleague suggests the optical shop opposite Lavender bakery? Thanks in advance.
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:39 AM   #3830

Hi guys,

Any recommendation for clubmaster lookalike pair of glasses? or any other current trend to introduce?

looking for a reasonable priced branded pair for daily use which doesn't hurt the nose or leave a mark.

any shop to recommend?

thanks
Rgyl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:53 AM   #3831
Master Member

Must it be branded? If not there's a lot of Korean ones that fits your bill and cost 100 Plus??

Hi guys,

Any recommendation for clubmaster lookalike pair of glasses? or any other current trend to introduce?

looking for a reasonable priced branded pair for daily use which doesn't hurt the nose or leave a mark.

any shop to recommend?

thanks
Old 07-02-2018, 04:34 AM   #3832

Go holiday plaza/ksl.
Any recommendations for ksl please?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
cokiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #3833

Must it be branded? If not there's a lot of Korean ones that fits your bill and cost 100 Plus??
Donít have to be branded but I was thinking branded would be more durable and tend to not leave marks on the nose area.

What Korean ones would you recommend?
Rgyl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:41 PM   #3834
Supremacy Member

Any recommendations for ksl please?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
I only do at holiday plaza once b4, ben eyecare.

Intro me. What blue whale usa brand lens. Google liao find out msia brand.

Within 1yr coating comes off.

Got ppl reco ming smth at holiday plaza.
razorlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #3835

Hi,

I've been reading around the past 10 pages about the different lens and frames.. Just wondering, if my L/R degree is about 2.25 both the same, with 0.5 astig on one side, is there a obvious difference between a 1.6 and 1.67 index?

Looking for some rectangular frames, any recommendations on where's a place with reasonable pricing? I'm currently on Monoqool frame, and i've been loving it since. Can't find the frame anywhere else though.
hyper_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:54 PM   #3836
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi GANGSTERKIA

May I know if the optics shop you working at carry Ray-Ban Specs?
JustAnET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #3837
Master Member

Hi good afternoon, unfortunately my workplace doesn't carry raybans. Sorry!

Hi GANGSTERKIA

May I know if the optics shop you working at carry Ray-Ban Specs?
Old 10-02-2018, 01:41 PM   #3838
Master Member

To the first half of your qns, nope! No difference. 1.6 is good enough. Don't need spend too much on a 1.67. And 1.67 also requires a certain amount of minimum degree to do which Is -3.00 and above. 2.25 just stick to 1.6.

To the second part... it really depends. Many shop have these style that you looking for..can't really pinpoint as it's too large already your frame you looking for.. haha

Hi,

I've been reading around the past 10 pages about the different lens and frames.. Just wondering, if my L/R degree is about 2.25 both the same, with 0.5 astig on one side, is there a obvious difference between a 1.6 and 1.67 index?

Looking for some rectangular frames, any recommendations on where's a place with reasonable pricing? I'm currently on Monoqool frame, and i've been loving it since. Can't find the frame anywhere else though.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:24 PM   #3839

Hi not sure if this the right place to ask but

I just bought a Ray-ban eyeglasses for the first time (yay?), problem is that the type i bought is not listed in the Ray-ban sg website (mine is a RB7124D) but the shop that i bought is listed as part of the Certified Resellers on their website so was wondering if the Ray-ban Service centre would be able to maintenance or repair my Ray-ban eyeglasses?
Bus555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:07 PM   #3840
Master Member

Was there any official receipt given to you? To state that the rayban you bought was from that shop?

Hi not sure if this the right place to ask but

I just bought a Ray-ban eyeglasses for the first time (yay?), problem is that the type i bought is not listed in the Ray-ban sg website (mine is a RB7124D) but the shop that i bought is listed as part of the Certified Resellers on their website so was wondering if the Ray-ban Service centre would be able to maintenance or repair my Ray-ban eyeglasses?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.