Master Member
Reaction score
Attached photos for comments.
cert_zpsnffogp9k.jpg

phot2_zpshvbrjuuh.jpg

phot1_zpsdpvxfrpy.jpg

phot3_zpswgjymuga.jpg

Alright, thanks for the images!

Not to worry, there is no blue protect coating on the lenses. As, all duravision platinium lenses has ''what they call'' a blue reflex coat and thus that will cause the lens to give this ''slight yellowish hue''. If you compare it with a blueprotect lens then i believe the comparison will be more obvious.

haiping

Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the images!

Not to worry, there is no blue protect coating on the lenses. As, all duravision platinium lenses has ''what they call'' a blue reflex coat and thus that will cause the lens to give this ''slight yellowish hue''. If you compare it with a blueprotect lens then i believe the comparison will be more obvious.

Ok, thank you for the insight information. I expect it to be clear lens instead of yellowish hue lens since without Blueprotect. The shop asked me to bring it back for investigation. Guess now i don't have to bring it back already.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I see.. clear one would be their previous coating which is called the lotutec coating, which would have a green reflex coating and hence a clearer/less yellowish hue.

Ok, thank you for the insight information. I expect it to be clear lens instead of yellowish hue lens since without Blueprotect. The shop asked me to bring it back for investigation. Guess now i don't have to bring it back already.

Losttouch

Reaction score
Hello! I’m looking for lenses which have anti-fatigue and blue light filter. Came across crizal eyezen and kodak and was wondering if anyone had experiences wearing the anti-fatigue lenses? Both are similarly priced, but the Kodak lenses seem to be more aesthetically pleasing (reflect less blue light, using a different technology), whereas the eyezen offers more UV protection.

Anyone has any recommendations?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello! I’m looking for lenses which have anti-fatigue and blue light filter. Came across crizal eyezen and kodak and was wondering if anyone had experiences wearing the anti-fatigue lenses? Both are similarly priced, but the Kodak lenses seem to be more aesthetically pleasing (reflect less blue light, using a different technology), whereas the eyezen offers more UV protection.

Anyone has any recommendations?

Hi,

Both offers Same level of UV protection, only difference is that Kodak Lenses is probably using a blue light absorbing technology as compared to eyezen which is light reflecting.
Kodak=less reflection
Eyezen=More reflection

One will look more aesthetically pleasing as what you mentioned whereas the other will offer less glare when looking at electronic devices.

Depending on which you prefer, both are fine.

Reaction score
Hi,

Both offers Same level of UV protection, only difference is that Kodak Lenses is probably using a blue light absorbing technology as compared to eyezen which is light reflecting.
Kodak=less reflection
Eyezen=More reflection

One will look more aesthetically pleasing as what you mentioned whereas the other will offer less glare when looking at electronic devices.

Depending on which you prefer, both are fine.

Add on that Kodak lens absorbs up to 90% HEV (Blue) light whereas Eyezen reflects up to 30% HEV (Blue) light.

In terms of material, Kodak wins hands down.

cokiee

Reaction score
Hello! Recently went to an option in town and saw two frames which I kinda liked - Masunaga and Stealer (Steel). Wanted to ask if there are any reviews on either/both please, especially anything adverse?

Also was quoted for two brands of bluelight reduction lenses - Crizal Provencia @ $300 (1.67) vs Shamir Blue glacier uv @ $250 (also 1.67). I personally haven't heard of the latter, but was quite impressed with the demo that blue light couldn't penetrate the lenses. Anyone has heard of it and how is the pricing for both please?

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

kitsura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Shamir Autograph 3 1.67 for single vision worth the price? Both my eyes about -4.00 prescription.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello! Recently went to an option in town and saw two frames which I kinda liked - Masunaga and Stealer (Steel). Wanted to ask if there are any reviews on either/both please, especially anything adverse?

Also was quoted for two brands of bluelight reduction lenses - Crizal Provencia @ $300 (1.67) vs Shamir Blue glacier uv @ $250 (also 1.67). I personally haven't heard of the latter, but was quite impressed with the demo that blue light couldn't penetrate the lenses. Anyone has heard of it and how is the pricing for both please?

My recommendation is go Masunaga(Good brand, great aesthetics and comfort).

Price sounds fine though..others might be able to give you more feedback.
Personally i prefer lenses with Blue light reflecting technology e.g. prevencia(crizal),Zeiss(blue protect), Hoya(blue control) as for myself, the yellowish hue from such lenses helps to reduce glare more as compared to blue light absorption e.g. Shamir Blue zero, Tokai lutina and more.
Personally I dont feel much(maybe abit?) difference when i use absorption technology lenses.
BUT one man meat is another poison thus just take what i say with a pinch of salt and you can consider the other lens choice.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Is Shamir Autograph 3 1.67 for single vision worth the price? Both my eyes about -4.00 prescription.

Not too bad.Similar Lens tier that can be considered are Nikon SeeMaxAP, Zeiss Single vision Superb, Hoya Nulux EP too.

cokiee

Reaction score
My recommendation is go Masunaga(Good brand, great aesthetics and comfort).

Price sounds fine though..others might be able to give you more feedback.
Personally i prefer lenses with Blue light reflecting technology e.g. prevencia(crizal),Zeiss(blue protect), Hoya(blue control) as for myself, the yellowish hue from such lenses helps to reduce glare more as compared to blue light absorption e.g. Shamir Blue zero, Tokai lutina and more.
Personally I dont feel much(maybe abit?) difference when i use absorption technology lenses.
BUT one man meat is another poison thus just take what i say with a pinch of salt and you can consider the other lens choice.

Thanks! I've not actually heard of Masunaga prior (but probably more because I've never been into branded frames) so thought I'd check. How are they compared to say.. Yellows plus or mykita, both of which I'd considered?

I'm using blue control lenses now and really can kinda see the yellowish tint. Was also told that for the Shamir lens it'll be grey tinted slightly, but because it's absorbing I won't have the 'side effect' of having the blue reflection. How is the quality of Shamir generally?

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I've not actually heard of Masunaga prior (but probably more because I've never been into branded frames) so thought I'd check. How are they compared to say.. Yellows plus or mykita, both of which I'd considered?

I'm using blue control lenses now and really can kinda see the yellowish tint. Was also told that for the Shamir lens it'll be grey tinted slightly, but because it's absorbing I won't have the 'side effect' of having the blue reflection. How is the quality of Shamir generally?

Masunaga is honestly a damn good pair of spectacles. I can vouch for it. I own one personally and my workplace carries a small collection. Masunaga is made in japan and honestly i prefer japanese made products. finishing and quality is better to me. That being said, it is all subjective. However, we all know for a fact that the japanese take pride in their work and craft so that speaks alot :)

Mykita and yellow plus are also good - then again it is down to your preference. Like e.g LV, Gucci, Prada. Find one that you like can already.

Shamir quality generally is quite alright as well. Comparable to those that gangsterkia mentioned. every brand has their own high tier lenses.
Hope our feedback helps and hope you enjoy wearing your soon to have new glasses :D

cokiee

Reaction score
Thanks! That does validate some of my considerations. I asked the sales person on her view between Masunaga vs Stealer and it was similar - one is Japanese and they're typically quite a stickler for good work. But it is a fair bit more pricey though.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That does validate some of my considerations. I asked the sales person on her view between Masunaga vs Stealer and it was similar - one is Japanese and they're typically quite a stickler for good work. But it is a fair bit more pricey though.

Haha indeed it is. But you pay for what you get. Wouldn't advice on getting something out of your comfort zone. But i really like it personally

cokiee

Reaction score
Yes absolutely. Appreciate the view.

I went to my usual optician to ask for some pricing to compare for lenses, and got the following - can share if it's OK-ish?

Crizal prevencia 1.67 $280
Zeiss Blue protect 1.67 $325
Kodak uv Blue 1.67 $228
Hoya pentax (1.6 I think? Doesn't have 1.67) $198.

Also how does one compare say, Kodak UV Blue vs Crizal Prevencia? Is there a significant difference and how?

Reaction score
May I plz ask where is the most reasonable place to get lenses for round glasses with very thin frames (marc Jacobs)? I bough the frames in a sale - i don't need an eye test

kitsura

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not too bad.Similar Lens tier that can be considered are Nikon SeeMaxAP, Zeiss Single vision Superb, Hoya Nulux EP too.
Thanks for info. What about Crizal coating? There is so many like Sapphire, Avance, easy, etc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.