HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree479Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2018, 09:33 PM   #3991
Arch-Supremacy Member

Great hoot.

I tried Lindberg when I was at Jamco recently.
The construction, build quality and weight is entire different level. Almost wanted to get 1 after trying.

Probably will get one pair in the future.

Mind telling me, what is the metal rod looking thing in the middle?
Indeed it is. I was very much sold when I tried it on.

That's the lens spray. I don't know why it comes together and I not sure if I will ever use it. Haha
mikeeeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:50 PM   #3992
Arch-Supremacy Member

Collected my Lindberg today. Wasn't expecting it to be ready cos supposed to be on Tuesday. Glad they called me before my party tomorrow.

Firstly, even the paper carrier for it looks good!

Then the box also feels damn solid

Opening the box

The black rectangular box is the case. I suspect its made of genuine leather even cos it smells damn nice and feels real good. That stick in the middle is the lens spray by Lindberg. Follow by the frames identity card with serial number.

And lastly, the specs

I know some of you will be thinking, "special meh, looks normal leh. Like ordinary specs"
"my $80 frame looks like that also"

This is probably the first time I tried a specs and fell in love. All my previous specs are like, ok lo no other choice already.
This feels very light, yet sturdy. And the quality can tell. Even from the way they present it in the box can tell the makers don't play around with this.

Absolutely epic, I love unboxing and presentation. Congratz on your new glasses enjoy them.
noobzpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:15 AM   #3993
Master Member

Is that model 1818? Cause it looks almost identical to mine lolol.

Congrats on a Horn too. Lindberg really the best frame i tried so far. It really justifies the price if comfort and aesthetic is something you are looking for.

Last edited by GANGSTERKIA; 11-03-2018 at 12:19 AM..
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:34 AM   #3994
Arch-Supremacy Member

Absolutely epic, I love unboxing and presentation. Congratz on your new glasses enjoy them.
Thanks!
Old 11-03-2018, 12:36 AM   #3995
Arch-Supremacy Member

Congrats on a Horn too. Lindberg really the best frame i tried so far. It really justifies the price if comfort and aesthetic is something you are looking for.
Yup. Its 1818. Haha. Ya lo, it does look common but like you said, the comfort is second to none
GANGSTERKIA likes this.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:21 PM   #3996

Any lens that is progressive and digital(filter blue light) combine?
rapcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:32 PM   #3997
Master Member

Almost all progressives can do that!
Even transitions too! Just depend on which brand you want choose.

Any lens that is progressive and digital(filter blue light) combine?
Old 12-03-2018, 08:34 AM   #3998
Supremacy Member

Any recommendations for polarized colored lens with high index?

Sent from using GAGT
chaotah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:54 AM   #3999

Are there shops in Singapore that does coating for chipped off frames ?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3010 using GAGT
greatpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:05 PM   #4000
Master Member

initially wanted to copy gangsterkia and prescribe a Horn, but balls shrinked after hearing how much it was

but ended up making an acetitanium with gangsterkia which is more within my budget, and have never looked back ever since comfort and aesthetic win hands down compared to all my previous specs made

dominicwor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #4001

Hi Gangsterkia, if this frame (Lindberg model 1818) applies on Hoya submit lens (something like this for progressive lens??) it would be easily exceed $1.1K? Thanks.
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:45 PM   #4002
Master Member

Hi! Yes it will surely exceed that amount. The frame itself Cost around 2k(before discount) . But discount varies at different shop.
The lens submit depending on your power starts from 350 onwards(before discount too). So at least 2k is your expected figure.
Correct me if I am wrong!

If you feel the horn is on the higher side , you can still use the second next option which is the acetanium design. It looks like a horn just that the frame front is made with acetate instead of the buffalo horn. Weight and comfort is there only difference is appearance. Horn over time will age and thus will have those woody/grainy appearance depending on how you handle it. Lindberg also have other series apart from horn and acetanium. They are all really comfortable e.g. Rim series, N.O.W series, their frameless air titanium series.

Hi Gangsterkia, if this frame (Lindberg model 1818) applies on Hoya submit lens (something like this for progressive lens??) it would be easily exceed $1.1K? Thanks.

Last edited by GANGSTERKIA; 12-03-2018 at 02:48 PM..
Old 12-03-2018, 02:46 PM   #4003
Master Member

initially wanted to copy gangsterkia and prescribe a Horn, but balls shrinked after hearing how much it was

but ended up making an acetitanium with gangsterkia which is more within my budget, and have never looked back ever since comfort and aesthetic win hands down compared to all my previous specs made

nice. how much does the frame cost?
villan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #4004
Master Member

The TOP is the Rim series whereby it's really flexible, light and comfortable. Colour can be customized and I chose that teal-ish Colour.

The lower is of course the horn series that you seen from user mikeyyy. Just that the Colour is different. Horn frame even though we can choose same model and even same colour scheme/code but the finished product, the Two frames will still look different as it's a natural material thus it cannot be replicated thus no Two horns will look the same.

Pardon my lousy camera haha
Old 12-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #4005

Hi! Yes it will surely exceed that amount. The frame itself Cost around 2k(before discount) . But discount varies at different shop.
The lens submit depending on your power starts from 350 onwards(before discount too). So at least 2k is your expected figure.
Correct me if I am wrong!

If you feel the horn is on the higher side , you can still use the second next option which is the acetanium design. It looks like a horn just that the frame front is made with acetate instead of the buffalo horn. Weight and comfort is there only difference is appearance. Horn over time will age and thus will have those woody/grainy appearance depending on how you handle it. Lindberg also have other series apart from horn and acetanium. They are all really comfortable e.g. Rim series, N.O.W series, their frameless air titanium series.
Hi, between Lindberg and Mykita, which is value for money as I need to go for lightweight frame. Thanks.

Last edited by nethdale; 12-03-2018 at 03:24 PM..
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.