HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree479Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2018, 04:14 PM   #4006
Master Member

This is a very hard choice as both of them prices are pretty similar just that Lindberg is about 1-200 more expensive if you compare the acetanium series. Imho I will go with Lindberg for aesthetic appearance as the acetanium series looks better in my opinion. But you still have to see the mykita designs as some still prefer mykita.
My choice is Lindberg after wearing both before haha...

Hi, between Lindberg and Mykita, which is value for money as I need to go for lightweight frame. Thanks.
GANGSTERKIA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:37 PM   #4007
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lindberg is very poisonous 😂
noobzpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #4008

Are there shops in Singapore that does coating for chipped off frames ?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3010 using GAGT
I am curious to know too.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
Stylebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:16 PM   #4009
Arch-Supremacy Member

The TOP is the Rim series whereby it's really flexible, light and comfortable. Colour can be customized and I chose that teal-ish Colour.

The lower is of course the horn series that you seen from user mikeyyy. Just that the Colour is different. Horn frame even though we can choose same model and even same colour scheme/code but the finished product, the Two frames will still look different as it's a natural material thus it cannot be replicated thus no Two horns will look the same.

Pardon my lousy camera haha

Both pairs are yours? Nice! The rim series is damn comfy too!
mikeeeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:19 PM   #4010
Arch-Supremacy Member

initially wanted to copy gangsterkia and prescribe a Horn, but balls shrinked after hearing how much it was

but ended up making an acetitanium with gangsterkia which is more within my budget, and have never looked back ever since comfort and aesthetic win hands down compared to all my previous specs made

Good choice! Very worth the price I'd say.

I'd had go with this choice too if its slightly bigger. Sadly its still too narrow for me and only the horn is wide enough. The salesperson told me, of cos they do wider for horn cos no point let the rest of the rare material go to waste. Haha
GANGSTERKIA likes this.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:19 PM   #4011
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lindberg is very poisonous 😂
Resistance is futile my friend
Old 13-03-2018, 12:23 AM   #4012

Good choice! Very worth the price I'd say.

I'd had go with this choice too if its slightly bigger. Sadly its still too narrow for me and only the horn is wide enough. The salesperson told me, of cos they do wider for horn cos no point let the rest of the rare material go to waste. Haha
Actually I think part of the reason is due to the horn series, the temple is glue on the side of the frame. For the acetanium series, the temple is inserted into the middle part of the edge of the frame. So if they have exactly same design and size, the horn will be about 4mm wider then the acetanium.
Alcohol8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 01:20 AM   #4013
Arch-Supremacy Member

Resistance is futile my friend
Agreed by now its just about which dealer, which shape, what colors lol. Whats the warranty for lindberg?
noobzpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 01:45 AM   #4014
Master Member

Agreed by now its just about which dealer, which shape, what colors lol. Whats the warranty for lindberg?
IIRC 3 years warranty ON frame defects. But they are really nice as i have customers that sat on it and break but lindberg replace FOC, so its pretty case by case basis.

Going to the lindberg website, u can see their singapore dealers. But more popular ones you can see or from our users here is e.g. JAMCO optical. Shape all they have a Horn catalog to look at. If no stock, then u can order it which will take about 3weeks-2months(depending on peak period or not).
Old 13-03-2018, 08:46 AM   #4015

Anyone using acoustic line frame? How’s the quality? Or is it better to get yellow plus and oliver people?
Kensuke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #4016
Master Member

I have a pair of AL. It's light and comfortable, quality is also fine but I prefer yellow plus and Oliver people design though I don't have the other 2.. its a pretty affordable frame with nice designs and shapes.

Anyone using acoustic line frame? How’s the quality? Or is it better to get yellow plus and oliver people?
Old 13-03-2018, 10:52 AM   #4017

I have a pair of AL. It's light and comfortable, quality is also fine but I prefer yellow plus and Oliver people design though I don't have the other 2.. its a pretty affordable frame with nice designs and shapes.
Do you carry all 3 brands?
Kensuke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #4018
Master Member

Yeap I do!

Let me know should you need any further help!

Do you carry all 3 brands?
Old 14-03-2018, 12:23 AM   #4019

I went to a few shops to check out the price for crizal eyezen lens (1.67) and they quote me differently. Are there like different types of lens?

Some quote me a range from $140+ to $270+ and some straight show me the booklet quoting $350.
flow91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 01:26 AM   #4020
Master Member

Not possible for 1.67 eyezen to be 140 to even 250. Must be different index or different lens...

I went to a few shops to check out the price for crizal eyezen lens (1.67) and they quote me differently. Are there like different types of lens?

Some quote me a range from $140+ to $270+ and some straight show me the booklet quoting $350.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.