HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree479Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2018, 08:41 PM   #4036
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha very happy ordered lindberg horn titanium really cant wait. Was thinking whether to get unique horn but afraid dont like it at all.
Choice well-made! Congrats!

Haha i was in the same dilemma and I went with the safer choice.
mikeeeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #4037

Hi

Does anyone have any experience in using a frame with straight temples instead of the usual curve down? Is it secure enough?

I see this style like getting very popular.
marshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 08:53 PM   #4038
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi

Does anyone have any experience in using a frame with straight temples instead of the usual curve down? Is it secure enough?

Isn't that what Oakley frames had been doing all along?

In my opinion. Its just as secure but if sweaty may lose some grip
mikeeeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #4039
High Supremacy Member

Hi

Very common what.. even those frames with not straight temple u need to bend such that it curves yr skull... to me not much different but straight one is more comfortable..
marshy likes this.
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 11:03 PM   #4040

Very common what.. even those frames with not straight temple u need to bend such that it curves yr skull... to me not much different but straight one is more comfortable..

Thanks!
Been awhile since I last shopped for new frames.
I've tried straight temples design frames and yes it is comfortable but was paranoid about the specs sliding out due to no hook curve down the back of the ear.
marshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 11:09 PM   #4041
Master Member

Haha very happy ordered lindberg horn titanium really cant wait. Was thinking whether to get unique horn but afraid dont like it at all.
brother that looks like an excellent frame, how much did it cost you frame and lens?
joshua182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 12:49 AM   #4042
Master Member

Hi bro, usually these straight temple frame have some/little rubber at the back to grip to your head. E.g. Oakley. The rubber tends to grip harder when you sweat thus it really depends on the comfort of the user. Don't worry about it, it can also be curved slightly to fit the curvature at the your temple area.

Thanks!
I've tried straight temples design frames and yes it is comfortable but was paranoid about the specs sliding out due to no hook curve down the back of the ear.
marshy likes this.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #4043
High Supremacy Member

Thanks!
Even those specs got hooks also will slide down if not adjust properly.. Thus is no different to me. Need to bend the temples of any frames to curve ard yr skull.. That will solve the problem of sliding..
marshy likes this.
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 08:19 AM   #4044
High Supremacy Member

The salesperson at optical shop demonstrate the effectiveness of their anti blue ray lenses by shining a blue light touch against it

I cannot see the blue light after wearing their lenses.
Somehow I find this is a gimmick because we shouldn’t see blue ray with our naked eyes
vbhelper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 08:32 AM   #4045
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks!
No worries Marshy, usually they have R-D-ed properly........ unless you play vigorous sports
marshy likes this.
Old 21-03-2018, 10:27 AM   #4046

Can recommend Where to find cheapest frame with lens that has computer lens protection?
Computer lens not cheap , where to find the whole thing cost less than 100
subprimelive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #4047
Master Member

Blue light is not visible to your eye. Most blue light comes from UV as oppose to electronic devices.
The ones you were shown are the lenses which absorb light rather than the others which is reflecting the blue light.
Not a gimmick as it really feels more comfortable as glare is really reduced BUT it does not serve other purpose e.g protect retina blah blah(not proven yet).

The salesperson at optical shop demonstrate the effectiveness of their anti blue ray lenses by shining a blue light touch against it

I cannot see the blue light after wearing their lenses.
Somehow I find this is a gimmick because we shouldn’t see blue ray with our naked eyes
Old 21-03-2018, 10:31 PM   #4048

my progressive lens when seeing computer is not very clear. even after they sent back to adjust it. got giddy/headache end of the day and my neck also tired.

the other issue I noticed is extreme left is clear but extreme right is blur. I created excel in 19 columns. Column 1st to 12th is better than 13th to 19th.

Why?
sk1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 01:43 AM   #4049
Master Member

my progressive lens when seeing computer is not very clear. even after they sent back to adjust it. got giddy/headache end of the day and my neck also tired.

the other issue I noticed is extreme left is clear but extreme right is blur. I created excel in 19 columns. Column 1st to 12th is better than 13th to 19th.

Why?
Do you still rmb what kind of lenses you bought?
Roughly know what degree you were give? Usually if thats the case, there could be a few reasons.
1st- Power not enough thus you might have to tilt head up to see clearly
2nd-Your PD(pupil distance) might be off thus you seeing through the wrong area. (IMPT for progressive)
3rd-Long or short corridor Might affect the way you see.
4th-Your fitting height(eye point height) might be off.
5th-Power is wrong(not same as reason 1). Thus the progression down is not comfortable.
These are the few reasons i can think of at the moment.

Regarding your second issue. Progressive is not fully clear for the whole lenses. Only the center part is clear, there will be peripheral distortions thus the sides wont be clear at all. BUT if u say right is clearer than left, EITHER PD is off(highly likely) or else the progressive lenses INSET value might be off... gotta ask them verify..
Hope this helps!
Old 22-03-2018, 07:34 AM   #4050

It's Hoya lens. They checked my power again by another person and said power is correct. Not sure about pupil distance, did ask me to see right see left to do some marking on the len. They did some adjustment on the height issue and did a new len in order for the mid range to be clear. But still result not very good plus the left side is clearer and right side.

Progressive len side is blur, I can understand if only say excel column 1 to 3 and 17 to 19 is blur and center 4 to 16 is clear. But now no.

Will ask them.
sk1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.