HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree445Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #4111
Arch-Supremacy Member

You mean I should take up the offer ?

But I look around no other frame I like , what for spend unnecessary?

the 2nd piece at ˝ price really makes you, what can I say!

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
TUV2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #4112
Supremacy Member

You mean I should take up the offer ?

But I look around no other frame I like , what for spend unnecessary?
I mean, why they can't sell 1× cheaper!

and why 2nd piece when degree fluctuates?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #4113

Does it have to be mirror coated? Normal tinted lenses cost around 70 onwards for normal Brand’s. If you want add mirror coat is more exp, then depending on frame size, if it's too big, need add on more diameter for the lens(extra cost), multicoat(extra cost). Depends on the quality you want for the coating of the lens.
What would be roughly the price range for prescription sunglass lens? My degree is around 600+ each eye. Guess I'll have to go for 1.67

Looking to make a set of mirror coated lens with my existing Oakley crossrange.
klwoh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 09:38 PM   #4114
Supremacy Member

Anyone try this before? Any good?

limpoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 10:48 PM   #4115
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am sure this is same as those cheap progressive with small viewing angle.

The price is too low to be good.

Anyone try this before? Any good?

Old 19-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #4116
Master Member

Finally hoot one ownday today, include the premium progressive plus other option is $478 , ready in 2 weeks , let’s see....

By the way , they offer the second piece purchase on the same day for half price but I did not take up.
Wow two weeks is a very long time. Hopefully it will be worth the wait. And $478 is cheap. Does it include blue filter? Wow my previous pair cost me $500 and it was a disaster. I will go tomorrow to get a pair. Hope this is good!
bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 11:31 PM   #4117

which brand has good PC glasses with no degrees?

I have a owndays & random brand one but I find my eyes still pain when looking at the screen.
digipet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 06:45 AM   #4118
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes , the 478 inclusive of blue filter.

It will be even a better deal if you make the second pair as they will give you 50% off the second pair! So average is only $300+ per pair.

Wow two weeks is a very long time. Hopefully it will be worth the wait. And $478 is cheap. Does it include blue filter? Wow my previous pair cost me $500 and it was a disaster. I will go tomorrow to get a pair. Hope this is good!
Old 20-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #4119

I have a owndays & random brand one but I find my eyes still pain when looking at the screen.
Well, most brands in the market has the blue filter for their lenses, but if you're still experiencing discomfort, perhaps it might be due to other factors such as generalised dry eyes or uncorrected 'degrees'.
monocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #4120
Master Member

May I ask if are you above 30?

GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 08:18 AM   #4121
Master Member

Just to share my shopping experience at Owndays yesterday. Went to NEX to enquire about the progressive lens. Yes overall their widest lens is about $398-$498. Seem cheap if you are looking for a no frill progressive. However the shop was very crowded and it’s kind of mass market (like what you guys said) to me. Remembering what gangsterkia recommended to me before, I went to my neighbourhood optician, Chew, at Bishan North. They have all three brands which gangsterkia recommended. They have eesilor ($480), Hoya ($5xx) and zeiss($9xx). Warranty is 1 yr for essilor and 2 years for the other two. Optician recommended essilor. Since price difference is close to what I can get from Owndays I decided to get from here instead. I haven’t ordered yet. Just like to seek your opinion which lens is better? The price quoted is for the top lens (widest view).

Thank you.
Old 21-04-2018, 11:18 AM   #4122
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to share my shopping experience at Owndays yesterday. Went to NEX to enquire about the progressive lens. Yes overall their widest lens is about $398-$498. Seem cheap if you are looking for a no frill progressive. However the shop was very crowded and it’s kind of mass market (like what you guys said) to me. Remembering what gangsterkia recommended to me before, I went to my neighbourhood optician, Chew, at Bishan North. They have all three brands which gangsterkia recommended. They have eesilor ($480), Hoya ($5xx) and zeiss($9xx). Warranty is 1 yr for essilor and 2 years for the other two. Optician recommended essilor. Since price difference is close to what I can get from Owndays I decided to get from here instead. I haven’t ordered yet. Just like to seek your opinion which lens is better? The price quoted is for the top lens (widest view).

Thank you.
By the way , I did not even ask them to check my eyes , i gave them the card that stated all my degree for a recent essilor I made. They just copy from there to make for me.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT
Old 21-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #4123
Master Member

By the way , I did not even ask them to check my eyes , i gave them the card that stated all my degree for a recent essilor I made. They just copy from there to make for me.

What happen to the essilor u made recently? I just paid the deposit for the essilor lens
Old 21-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #4124
Arch-Supremacy Member

What happen to the essilor u made recently? I just paid the deposit for the essilor lens
It is reasonably good, I normally have three pairs

Old 21-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #4125
High Supremacy Member

GANGSTERKIA can ask you. I just did ZEISS Single Vision Superb with Blueprotect Coating 1.67 for astigmatism over 200 with Hamamoto frame for 1600 ringgit.

Is it consider cheap? It is possible to do ZEISS Single Vision Superb with Blueprotect right, since it is a coating. I didn't get smoke by the spectacle shop right? But in the end everything should be able to see from the authenticity something right? Lol.
LionPlushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.