The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
To be fair, it might be overseas or PI .

Cos the cost of doing business locally is pretty steep and the overheads /AnP of the "brand owners" are slapped into all the products sold locally.

Yes precisely, That is why this can help others over here, if they are intending to get oakley to purchase from this site. Then they can just use the frame and order lenses e.g. progressives or others to fit into frame at a ''saved'' price.

Ramtree

Reaction score

laser168

Master Member
Reaction score
just bought a really exp spectacle will like to get it done with a really good lens.

my old spectacle lens cost about $500 but after 5 year the lens are quite blur now is that normally? or is the lens lousy?

any spectacles shop in sg to recommend to fix the lens with my newly bought exp spectacle?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on the masunagas i see in Singapore, I feel its pretty decent. +/- different models price will be slightly different.

Do you have the price list for hoya progressive lenses? I need to plan and do comparisons on which is the most affordable value for $. If you have price lists for other brands of progressive lens, please also share it. TIA.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From basic(top) to best(lowest)

Summit series is about 620 onwards
Dynamic series is about 680 onwards(semi-customized)
Lifestyle series range from 820 onwards.(semi-customized)
ID series is about 1000.(fully customized)
Mystyle is about 1750.(fully customized)
(edit:all these are 1.6 index)

All quoted from pricelist. Discount varies from shop to shop.

Each difference in the tier are their Lens design,Soft/Hard which would affect your peripheral distortion, intermediate zone and reading area(wide/narrow)=(need to move head more to read)

How about for 1.67 index prices?

Reaction score
just bought a really exp spectacle will like to get it done with a really good lens.

my old spectacle lens cost about $500 but after 5 year the lens are quite blur now is that normally? or is the lens lousy?

any spectacles shop in sg to recommend to fix the lens with my newly bought exp spectacle?

Hi bro,

Plastic lenses lifespan is around 2-3 years with proper care (Clean with microfibre cloth, wash with just water+ soap and clean dry)

By good lenses, i infer you mean good optics? Try Zeiss or Tokai :) You won't be disappointed

Reaction score
Do you have the price list for hoya progressive lenses? I need to plan and do comparisons on which is the most affordable value for $. If you have price lists for other brands of progressive lens, please also share it. TIA.

"branded" and value for money don't usually go hand in hand :D

PM if you'ld like progressive in the same range as Hoya Mystyle & Zeiss Individual 2, but at half the price :s13:

Last edited:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"branded" and value for money don't usually go hand in hand :D

PM if you'ld like progressive in the same range as Hoya Mystyle & Zeiss Individual 2, but at half the price :s13:

So far branded like hoya lens have served me quite well. For unbranded lens, usaully lasted less than a year or even just a few months before the coating starts to go off or scratched. At half the price, i dont think worth it.

Can i have the price list of hoya progressive? I dont even know what is the price range for conparison. Im already above 40 but no lao hua yet. Just preparing cos saw people here advised that lao hua age starts around 38-43.

I have high short sighted and high astig single vision using RX lens. Current lens is 1.67 nulux EP costs $650. Can kind soul share what is the equivalent price for hoya progressive??

By the way i have 7 frames to change all the lenses if i tio lao hua. Having headaches and sleepless nights thinking of the costs now.

Reaction score
So far branded like hoya lens have served me quite well. For unbranded lens, usaully lasted less than a year or even just a few months before the coating starts to go off or scratched. At half the price, i dont think worth it.

Can i have the price list of hoya progressive? I dont even know what is the price range for conparison. Im already above 40 but no lao hua yet. Just preparing cos saw people here advised that lao hua age starts around 38-43.

I have high short sighted and high astig single vision using RX lens. Current lens is 1.67 nulux EP costs $650. Can kind soul share what is the equivalent price for hoya progressive??

By the way i have 7 frames to change all the lenses if i tio lao hua. Having headaches and sleepless nights thinking of the costs now.

Cant say much for other brands but Mvision lens material are either from Tokai or Asahi, Progressive lens design from Optotech or IOT , Lens coating from Optotech.

Quoted from Optotech description:
OptoTech’s customer base includes nearly all manufacturers of precision optics, like Zeiss, Leica, Jenoptik, ASML, Nikon and Samsung.

I wouldn't call Mvision lenses unbranded since they can produce "Zeiss-standard" lenses at wallet friendly prices :)

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which brand frame is durable comfortable?
Ray ban, A|X, armain exchange, blueberry?

I’m using ray ban and so far so good..

SNAG

Master Member
Reaction score
Forgot to ask this earlier - but separately, is there any place where I can donate old specs?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.