HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree543Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #4246

Hi Gangsterkia,

I’m noob at making glasses and have been patronising the same optical shop since young. But my degree never stops increasing even into my 30s now. Is it because when I made my glasses, the degree for short sight and astig was incorrect or too much? Sometimes new pair it’s giddy and need time to adapt.
lindseymin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #4247
Master Member

Hey, what’s your current estimate degree?
Does your parents wear glasses too? And are their degree high too?
There are quite afew factors to why degree actually increases. Sometimes some of us will have a lower tolerance to new degree thus will take even longer to get used to it. But to make sure it’s correct, is it clear for you when you wear the glasses? If it is then it’s probably us(the wearers) that has a tad lower tolerance level. But usually wrong degree will cause bluriness too apart from discomfort.
Other factor includes genes, whereby natural as parents are myopic, we too will be
(Quite often)..
lifestyle, constantly indoors and not outdoors causing stress to eyes due to too much focusing.. but it does not apply to all individuals as some ppl can be indoor all the time but still emmetrope(perfect vision)..
A lot of us have this misconception that degree usually will stop around 18/20 and will decrease once laohua/old flower eyes/presbyopia sets in but it’s not true. Your degree might still increase still due to reasons above and sometimes eye condition e.g. central serous retinopathy, diabetic retinopathy might cause the degree to change too..

Hi Gangsterkia,

I’m noob at making glasses and have been patronising the same optical shop since young. But my degree never stops increasing even into my 30s now. Is it because when I made my glasses, the degree for short sight and astig was incorrect or too much? Sometimes new pair it’s giddy and need time to adapt.

Last edited by GANGSTERKIA; 16-05-2018 at 02:42 PM..
GANGSTERKIA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 05:15 PM   #4248

Does anyone here know where I can get Swiss Flex glasses? I used to wear them 15 years ago during my secondary school days but they don't seem to sell them anymore here. I have been to quite a few shops in Singapore but all told me that they don't sell this brand anymore here. I tried to order from the official Swiss Flex website but the company doesn't seem to operate or respond to any queries. Can't seem to find any official distributors or retailers in Singapore as well. Would be great if anyone know where I can get this in Singapore.
Raredaredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 05:17 PM   #4249
Master Member

Mr Eyewear at Bukit Batok West Mall. They do sell Swiss flex over there at this moment.

Does anyone here know where I can get Swiss Flex glasses? I used to wear them 15 years ago during my secondary school days but they don't seem to sell them anymore here. I have been to quite a few shops in Singapore but all told me that they don't sell this brand anymore here. I tried to order from the official Swiss Flex website but the company doesn't seem to operate or respond to any queries. Can't seem to find any official distributors or retailers in Singapore as well. Would be great if anyone know where I can get this in Singapore.
Old 16-05-2018, 05:49 PM   #4250

Looking to replace my spectacles of around 3 years and decided to go for a branded lenses instead of my usual oem lenses due to the amount of time i spend on the computer. From the thread i have seen that in order of quality, my choices are

crizal prevencia, zeiss blueprotect, hoya bluecontrol, and pentax incblue

i am considering hoya due to budget reasons and was wondering how much can i expect it to be for a degree abt 400 and slight astig of less than 100 in one eye. thank you!

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT
proproboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 06:30 PM   #4251
Master Member

If cost is a factor, Pentax blue with your degree probably 1.6 index will do will cost you 148 for just lenses. Then depends on how much discount you get.

Looking to replace my spectacles of around 3 years and decided to go for a branded lenses instead of my usual oem lenses due to the amount of time i spend on the computer. From the thread i have seen that in order of quality, my choices are

crizal prevencia, zeiss blueprotect, hoya bluecontrol, and pentax incblue

i am considering hoya due to budget reasons and was wondering how much can i expect it to be for a degree abt 400 and slight astig of less than 100 in one eye. thank you!

Old 16-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #4252

If cost is a factor, Pentax blue with your degree probably 1.6 index will do will cost you 148 for just lenses. Then depends on how much discount you get.
Hi! thanks for your reply! Are there any significant differences between pentax and hoya (or the other brands) in terms of durability? i dont mind spending abit more for durability like scratch resistance and the duration which the coating can last. not too sensitive towards visual clarity.

proproboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 06:47 PM   #4253
Master Member

Yeah Pentax doesn’t last as Long but I believe 1.5-2years is good enough! If you want even better slightly then go for stellify 1.60 blue control. It cost 190 before less.

Hi! thanks for your reply! Are there any significant differences between pentax and hoya (or the other brands) in terms of durability? i dont mind spending abit more for durability like scratch resistance and the duration which the coating can last. not too sensitive towards visual clarity.

Old 16-05-2018, 06:51 PM   #4254
Arch-Supremacy Member

hais i got my spec, but the lens distort my vision.. what lens you all recommend
Phen8210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #4255
Master Member

What do you mean by distorting your vision? Any rough examples??are you also using Single vision or progressive?

*barrel effect/pin cushion? Wavy distortion?
Your rough age?

hais i got my spec, but the lens distort my vision.. what lens you all recommend

Last edited by GANGSTERKIA; 16-05-2018 at 07:28 PM..
Old 16-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #4256

Hey guys, my girlfriend has super high astig, at about 400+. Is there any way to bring it down naturally? Her myopic degree has no issue though, less than 100 degrees for that. We got a shocked when we went to buy a pair of glasses from Mujosh and got our eyes checked.
Swiftyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 12:27 AM   #4257
Master Member

Nope. It’s the natural shape of her eyeball, even ortho k also is a temporary solution. Cannot do it permanently unfortunately.

Hey guys, my girlfriend has super high astig, at about 400+. Is there any way to bring it down naturally? Her myopic degree has no issue though, less than 100 degrees for that. We got a shocked when we went to buy a pair of glasses from Mujosh and got our eyes checked.
Old 17-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #4258
Arch-Supremacy Member

What do you mean by distorting your vision? Any rough examples??are you also using Single vision or progressive?

*barrel effect/pin cushion? Wavy distortion?
Your rough age?
i got the lens it reflect the blue light from behind and i can see the reflection... my job scope cant have distorted vision.
Phen8210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #4259
Master Member

Are you using rimless/frameless or even half frame glasses?

i got the lens it reflect the blue light from behind and i can see the reflection... my job scope cant have distorted vision.
Old 17-05-2018, 04:55 PM   #4260

Anyone order your prescription lens and frame online before? Can share wad brand and website did you use

Currently looking at otticanet and smartbuyglasses
foosdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.