HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree488Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2018, 09:39 PM   #4276
High Supremacy Member

Hi everyone

Iím looking for a pair of progressive lens for my young kids. The degrees are low. Is Owndays Myokids recommended?

Thanks in advance.
Why your kids need progressive ?

I recently bough a pair of progressive from Owndays , took a bit longer to wait , but more cheaper and quality is good
TUV2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #4277
Master Member

Hi everyone

Iím looking for a pair of progressive lens for my young kids. The degrees are low. Is Owndays Myokids recommended?

Thanks in advance.
How high is your kids degree at the moment? Not sure with Myokids, But essilor myopilux plus/ zeiss myovision also can be considered.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 09:49 PM   #4278

How high is your kids degree at the moment? Not sure with Myokids, But essilor myopilux plus/ zeiss myovision also can be considered.
Thanks TUV2008 and Gansterkia.

My kids are having myopia and their degrees seems to advance rapidly. So the eye doc prescribed Atropine 1.0% (for a period of 2-3 years) to slow down the progress. One side effect is that the kids will develop lao hua as their eyeballs will dilate. As such, need to use progressive + transition lens for this period of time.

I should get the result of their stabilized degrees this week. Will post again for advice.
Birdy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #4279
Master Member

Why your kids need progressive ?

I recently bough a pair of progressive from Owndays , took a bit longer to wait , but more cheaper and quality is good
progressive as a form of myopia control. The lower addition at the bottom will help the kids eye muscle to relax when doing near work thus slowing the rate of myopia.
Old 20-05-2018, 10:24 PM   #4280
Master Member

Thanks TUV2008 and Gansterkia.

My kids are having myopia and their degrees seems to advance rapidly. So the eye doc prescribed Atropine 1.0% (for a period of 2-3 years) to slow down the progress. One side effect is that the kids will develop lao hua as their eyeballs will dilate. As such, need to use progressive + transition lens for this period of time.

I should get the result of their stabilized degrees this week. Will post again for advice.
Note that once atropine is stop, got possibility power will rebound back. Myopia control lenses are +/-. Studies shown that it works, Hopefully it helps yours!
Old 21-05-2018, 08:40 AM   #4281

When you mention clarity you mean zeiss clarity? And superb=zeiss superb single Vision?
Oh sorry, I meant in terms of quality or brightness of the lens - zeiss superb vs essilor prevencia single vision. Zeiss individual for sv is overkill? Thanks again
AaronGoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #4282
Master Member

I think alr comparing superb to prevencia is overkill. Normal zeiss single vision with duravision blue protect would be a better comparison☺️. Individual zeiss is really dependent on the user whether he/she needs that sort of crisp sharpness and clarity.
Oh! Also prevencia is the blue light reduction coating so must compare it to zeiss blue protect. Unless you means just comparing the essilor crizal coat to zeiss lotutec(older) or duravision platinum(new).

Oh sorry, I meant in terms of quality or brightness of the lens - zeiss superb vs essilor prevencia single vision. Zeiss individual for sv is overkill? Thanks again
Old 21-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #4283

Gangsterkia,
I really enjoyed reading your posts, so informative. Could I seek some advice here? Looking to get a new pair of specs. My current pair is about 10 years old. Made a new pair 5 years ago, but not able to use it - while I can see far and near quite well, I struggled to read my computer screen. So i reverted to my old pair. But now no choice, as my far sight is getting worse. I am 60 years old, SPH is -5 and -7.75, Near Add is +2.5. I am thinking of progressive with priority on computer and reading. And my doctor advised getting transition. What type of lens would you recommend? I would prefer to spend not more than S$1,000. Though i would like to get Zeiss, i think it is prob. outside my budget. Thank you.
sandeay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #4284

Forgot to mention tt i also have astig. -1.75.
Old 21-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #4285
Master Member

Good afternoon! Thanks. Before I get started may I also know if you know what kind of progressive are you using? And which brand ? E.g. essilor comfort 360, physiology 360, hoya summit, trueform premium, or zeiss progressive plus, precision plus , precision pure? That kind you have any idea?

Gangsterkia,
I really enjoyed reading your posts, so informative. Could I seek some advice here? Looking to get a new pair of specs. My current pair is about 10 years old. Made a new pair 5 years ago, but not able to use it - while I can see far and near quite well, I struggled to read my computer screen. So i reverted to my old pair. But now no choice, as my far sight is getting worse. I am 60 years old, SPH is -5 and -7.75, Near Add is +2.5. I am thinking of progressive with priority on computer and reading. And my doctor advised getting transition. What type of lens would you recommend? I would prefer to spend not more than S$1,000. Though i would like to get Zeiss, i think it is prob. outside my budget. Thank you.
Old 21-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #4286

Good afternoon! Thanks. Before I get started may I also know if you know what kind of progressive are you using? And which brand ? E.g. essilor comfort 360, physiology 360, hoya summit, trueform premium, or zeiss progressive plus, precision plus , precision pure? That kind you have any idea?
Eh.. I really have no idea at all. Made it 10 years ago. But I think it's non-brand one. Just took off my specs and can't see any marking on the lens. I don't remember choosing any particular brand. Only that it is progressive. Went for a comprehensive eye test recently, and that's where I got the readings. The doc there said my astigmatism has shifted n that I have early signs of cataract - hence the recommendation for transitions lens.
Old 21-05-2018, 04:45 PM   #4287
Master Member

I will get back to you tonight. But I believe as of now you probably need a 1.67 lens progressive with transition you are looking at about 700 plus just on the lens already. The balance will be for the frame. I will let you know more tonight when I’m back. Not working today😅

Eh.. I really have no idea at all. Made it 10 years ago. But I think it's non-brand one. Just took off my specs and can't see any marking on the lens. I don't remember choosing any particular brand. Only that it is progressive. Went for a comprehensive eye test recently, and that's where I got the readings. The doc there said my astigmatism has shifted n that I have early signs of cataract - hence the recommendation for transitions lens.
Old 22-05-2018, 03:35 AM   #4288
Master Member

Gangsterkia,
Hi! so base on this, if you have been using something brandless so far, i think you can consider starting off with either hoya summit series or essilor comfort series but at 1.67 index to start off with. You will be looking at a price range of 700-800. But if you really ask me, i would rather you invest more in a better lens e.g. Essilor newest X-design lenses whereby it suits your full need for intermediate and near. It's been out for afew months and my customers that used that have 0 issue right now. So my confidence to recommend the lens Right now is really high. Their coating also is improved tremendously. But of course the lenses will cost way more.. probably 1.3-1.4 but think of it as a investment for the next 2-3 years? It is really worth it. If not then, the above mentioned of hoya Summit series or Essilor Comfort will be good enough for you.
Old 22-05-2018, 06:24 AM   #4289

Dear Gangsterkia, can you share with me or PM me which optical shop in Singapore has wide range of Lindbergh collection? I Intend to make a news pair of progressive lens as my current frame is wrecked. Currently using Hoya summit true form(??) May I know what is the price difference between Hoya summit and Esscilor newest X-design lens? Thanks in advance.
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 08:35 AM   #4290

Hi! so base on this, if you have been using something brandless so far, i think you can consider starting off with either hoya summit series or essilor comfort series but at 1.67 index to start off with. You will be looking at a price range of 700-800. But if you really ask me, i would rather you invest more in a better lens e.g. Essilor newest X-design lenses whereby it suits your full need for intermediate and near. It's been out for afew months and my customers that used that have 0 issue right now. So my confidence to recommend the lens Right now is really high. Their coating also is improved tremendously. But of course the lenses will cost way more.. probably 1.3-1.4 but think of it as a investment for the next 2-3 years? It is really worth it. If not then, the above mentioned of hoya Summit series or Essilor Comfort will be good enough for you.
Thank you, Gangsterkia, for your recommendation. I was reading up on the Essilor Varilux x-series lenses. And I like what it says about good vision for all distances. Still considering - but probably go for it. Thanks again!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.