Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree488Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #4306
Master Member

Zeiss light is just like any normal progressive

Thank you bro for your advice!

One last question, is Zeiss Light D suitable?
For a kid I highly advise not to use Zeiss light is their most basic progressive which means the reading area is small and there be more distortion. Your kid won’t like it at all. The higher the reading add/progressive power, the more distortion there will be at the periphery. +2.00 quite significant already so imagine a +3.00, it be worst. Young kids will find its blur and all and usually they won’t want to wear such things. So I advise go with the other 2 lenses at least that I mention. Would be better, or else use a progressive lens and make a short corridor if you don’t want to use the myopia control lens.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #4307
Supremacy Member

Able to polish lens that is scratched?
rollanddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #4308
Master Member

Nope, it will be made worst than it’s previous state🤕

Able to polish lens that is scratched?
Old 23-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #4309
Supremacy Member

Nope, it will be made worst than it’s previous state�
Wa, so it's impossible to remove scratches?

My dog bite my specs
Old 23-05-2018, 08:27 PM   #4310
Master Member

No this one cfm no chance already!

Wa, so it's impossible to remove scratches?

My dog bite my specs
Old 23-05-2018, 10:07 PM   #4311
Supremacy Member

No this one cfm no chance already!
Specs still quite new, around 6 months. Sian...
Old 24-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #4312
Master Member

I am working in the biomedical R&D field. Recently my company engaged an optical shop to custom-make prescription safety glasses for the staff. My lens was Crizal UV, with Certificate of Authenticity. On the card, the ordered power is:

R -08.00 -03.50 x 8 Add +00.00
L -07.25 -03.25 x 1 Add +00.00

What does the values mean?
I know the 1st value (-08.00 and -07.25) is the degree/power, how about the rest of the values?

The current normal spectacles I am wearing when not required to wear the safety glasses, was made in 2006. I have been wearing them for 12 years already. Thinking if I should make a new pair of spectacles. Was researching on Zeiss lenses. What is the difference between Zeiss digital lens and Zeiss lenses for computer glasses? I am mostly working on computers and looking at smartphones when i am not doing R&D in the lab. At home, I am mostly on the computer too, watching YouTube, NetFlix, etc.

For my degree/power and lifestyle habits, what are the recommended lenses that are suitable for me? I do not need transition or progressive lenses.

Advice much appreciated and thank you.
tkl23786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #4313
Arch-Supremacy Member

i dont know what the meaning to the numbers

i am wearing zeiss digital lens is similar to eye zen of essilor (previously anti fatique lens). the concept of digital lens is relieve tension of the eyes when u need to look straight and read. the lens design consist of the main power for looking straight and a weaker power for reading and another power for looking at edges (or another product). the difference the product of zeiss and essilor is the area of the weaker power.

where as computer glasses are yellowish tint. to reduce the harmful blue rays from the light emitting devices. u may turn the monitor or hp to warm mode to reduce the blue rays effect.

I am working in the biomedical R&D field. Recently my company engaged an optical shop to custom-make prescription safety glasses for the staff. My lens was Crizal UV, with Certificate of Authenticity. On the card, the ordered power is:

I know the 1st value (-08.00 and -07.25) is the degree/power, how about the rest of the values?

The current normal spectacles I am wearing when not required to wear the safety glasses, was made in 2006. I have been wearing them for 12 years already. Thinking if I should make a new pair of spectacles. Was researching on Zeiss lenses. What is the difference between Zeiss digital lens and Zeiss lenses for computer glasses? I am mostly working on computers and looking at smartphones when i am not doing R&D in the lab. At home, I am mostly on the computer too, watching YouTube, NetFlix, etc.

For my degree/power and lifestyle habits, what are the recommended lenses that are suitable for me? I do not need transition or progressive lenses.

tank_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 11:56 PM   #4314

Is 300 fair price to pay for zeiss individual profile2 lens? Hope I got them remembered correctly.

Wad is the model name for nikon of equivalent spec lens
foosdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 02:19 AM   #4315
Master Member

Hi, using just based on your right eye. -8.00=your sphere power=short sighted degree. Followed by -3.50=your astigmatism=or some refer to as cylinder power then the X 8=your Axis=direction of where the astigmatism is coming from. ADD=lao hua/presbyopia.

Digital lens are lenses like what User Tank mentioned whereby the lower area of the lens have reduced power such that it relieves your eye muscle when you are doing near work e.g. computer, reading, handphone. BUT only up til +1.25 Add power, anything more then you must use progressive lenses.

Zeiss computer glasses or some may refer it to Office lenses are lenses that are meant for INDOOR sole purposes. E.g. Room setting, Lecturer hall, or desktop bound. There are 3 Classes for the Zeiss Office/computer lens. Lecturer 4m distance, Room 1M distance and desk i think 1 arms length(pardon me i dont really sell Zeiss office lens that much, i sell other kind of office lens). Thus The top part of the lenses are meant for those purpose e.g. 4m distance, 1m and 30-40cm(?) if i remember correctly.

So why computer/office lens? Some individuals cannot get use to progressive lens thus they will make a separate pair for Distance, and then another pair for Room/office distance setting so they wont have to walk with it or feel giddy. But majority of individuals i know usually use progressive, unless they really cannot get use to a progressive then i will recommend them office lenses. But office lenses field of view is wider than a progressive so your head dont really have to move so much but you cant use it to view far objects e.g. more than 4m.

For your case, If you are between 30-40, i recommend Digital lenses if you use alot of computer and if you are planning to use ur glasses in the lab too then yes it will be perfect for you. The Add can be just 50/75/100/125. So it depends on your age mostly!.

Hope this helps!
Old 26-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #4316
Master Member

Hi, using just based on your right eye. -8.00=your sphere power=short sighted degree. Followed by -3.50=your astigmatism=or some refer to as cylinder power then the X 8=your Axis=direction of where the astigmatism is coming from. ADD=lao hua/presbyopia.

Digital lens are lenses like what User Tank mentioned whereby the lower area of the lens have reduced power such that it relieves your eye muscle when you are doing near work e.g. computer, reading, handphone. BUT only up til +1.25 Add power, anything more then you must use progressive lenses.

Zeiss computer glasses or some may refer it to Office lenses are lenses that are meant for INDOOR sole purposes. E.g. Room setting, Lecturer hall, or desktop bound. There are 3 Classes for the Zeiss Office/computer lens. Lecturer 4m distance, Room 1M distance and desk i think 1 arms length(pardon me i dont really sell Zeiss office lens that much, i sell other kind of office lens). Thus The top part of the lenses are meant for those purpose e.g. 4m distance, 1m and 30-40cm(?) if i remember correctly.

So why computer/office lens? Some individuals cannot get use to progressive lens thus they will make a separate pair for Distance, and then another pair for Room/office distance setting so they wont have to walk with it or feel giddy. But majority of individuals i know usually use progressive, unless they really cannot get use to a progressive then i will recommend them office lenses. But office lenses field of view is wider than a progressive so your head dont really have to move so much but you cant use it to view far objects e.g. more than 4m.

For your case, If you are between 30-40, i recommend Digital lenses if you use alot of computer and if you are planning to use ur glasses in the lab too then yes it will be perfect for you. The Add can be just 50/75/100/125. So it depends on your age mostly!.

Hope this helps!
Thanks GANGSTERKIA.

I have ordered Zeiss Digital lens. The Add is 75, after the optometrist tested my eyes and also marked out the position of my eyes when looking straight. I have requested for the plastic 1.74 Zeiss Digital lens. I asked what coating will be used and he said Duravision Platinum. I did not request for the blue-light filter coating. Most of the time, I can turn on the blue light filter of the computer and smartphone, so I do not see the absolute need to apply the blue-light filter coating.

The cost of the lens is $650. I saw the Zeiss brochure/catalogue and the price was indicated in it. Had to top up a bit for the frame. So, it is really not cheap, but I am already prepared to fork out a bit of money so is ok.

Estimated one week later I can collect the specs. Will update again once I have received the specs.

Cheers.
tkl23786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #4317
Master Member

Thumbs up

Thanks GANGSTERKIA.

I have ordered Zeiss Digital lens. The Add is 75, after the optometrist tested my eyes and also marked out the position of my eyes when looking straight. I have requested for the plastic 1.74 Zeiss Digital lens. I asked what coating will be used and he said Duravision Platinum. I did not request for the blue-light filter coating. Most of the time, I can turn on the blue light filter of the computer and smartphone, so I do not see the absolute need to apply the blue-light filter coating.

The cost of the lens is $650. I saw the Zeiss brochure/catalogue and the price was indicated in it. Had to top up a bit for the frame. So, it is really not cheap, but I am already prepared to fork out a bit of money so is ok.

Estimated one week later I can collect the specs. Will update again once I have received the specs.

Cheers.
Hi,
Did you specifically told your optometrist that you did not want the blue light coating on the lens? As digital lens comes automatically with Duravision platinum blueprotect, it has to be let known to Zeiss to make the lens without the coating. Just to make sure!
Old 27-05-2018, 06:12 PM   #4318

Hi Gangsterkia,

Any idea what is the brand of the frame Jackie Chan wore during last week 公益关爱35年 charity show? Thanks.
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #4319
Master Member

Hi Gangsterkia,

Any idea what is the brand of the frame Jackie Chan wore during last week 公益关爱35年 charity show? Thanks.
Hm.. i have no idea as i did not even watch such programmes anymore. Lol, maybe you can show me an image but highly likely i wont be able to tell from the img...
Old 27-05-2018, 09:49 PM   #4320

Hm.. i have no idea as i did not even watch such programmes anymore. Lol, maybe you can show me an image but highly likely i wont be able to tell from the img...
Hi Gangsterkia,

Can find his photo in the link, is fine if you are unable to tell. Thanks.
https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/jackie-chan-wakin-chau-and-jonathan-lee-to-perform-at-community-chest-charity-tv-show
jedi_1601 likes this.

Last edited by nethdale; 27-05-2018 at 09:57 PM..
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.