HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree484Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2018, 09:52 PM   #4321

Hi,

Im looking for recommendations on where to get Mykita frames. Have googled on this and found a few shops. Just not sure how’s the service level like.

By the way, does washing your specs create scratches? I have the habit of washing my specs with handwash foam. I believe it is now the reason i need to get a new pair of lens.
lordeseis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 09:44 AM   #4322
Master Member

Hi,

Im looking for recommendations on where to get Mykita frames. Have googled on this and found a few shops. Just not sure how’s the service level like.

By the way, does washing your specs create scratches? I have the habit of washing my specs with handwash foam. I believe it is now the reason i need to get a new pair of lens.
From what i know, Jamco has a big range of mykita. Their service are really good. You can consider going down to take a look.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 10:02 AM   #4323
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks GANGSTERKIA.

I have ordered Zeiss Digital lens. The Add is 75, after the optometrist tested my eyes and also marked out the position of my eyes when looking straight. I have requested for the plastic 1.74 Zeiss Digital lens. I asked what coating will be used and he said Duravision Platinum. I did not request for the blue-light filter coating. Most of the time, I can turn on the blue light filter of the computer and smartphone, so I do not see the absolute need to apply the blue-light filter coating.

The cost of the lens is $650. I saw the Zeiss brochure/catalogue and the price was indicated in it. Had to top up a bit for the frame. So, it is really not cheap, but I am already prepared to fork out a bit of money so is ok.

Estimated one week later I can collect the specs. Will update again once I have received the specs.

Cheers.
1.74 that is why it is more expensive.

i hope u didnt pick a small frame. Your lens should cover your vision even when your eye ball are at the reading angle.
tank_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 12:56 PM   #4324
Master Member

1.74 that is why it is more expensive.

i hope u didnt pick a small frame. Your lens should cover your vision even when your eye ball are at the reading angle.
The optometrist selected frames that are larger than what I am wearing right now as he said the size of the frame I am wearing now is small for digital lens. So, yes, the new frame should be okay for the new lens.
tkl23786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 04:46 PM   #4325

Hello
Will shop allow to replace 1 side of the lens or must change as pair?
dannyphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2018, 05:16 PM   #4326
Master Member

Of course! Don’t worry, if they want business they sure take. But depends on whether they carry the brand of lenses that you have for the other side.
Take note if you change just one side, e.g. one old lens one new lens, the multicoating but appear different as old lenses will look darker/yellowish while newer one will look clearer/more transparent.

Hello
Old 31-05-2018, 03:42 PM   #4327

Hi Danny, it depends on the type & condition of lenses you're currently using.

Most shops would advice customers to change 1 new pair if you are having Progressive Lenses and/or Photochromic lenses (aka transitions/colour changing lenses)

Hope that answers your queries

Hello
EyezoneOpticalSG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 10:36 PM   #4328

Hi,

Any recommendation for PC lens that is not too yellowish tinted? Degree -2.50 both eyes. Thinking of getting one since I sit in front of computers almost all my waking hours, but not too sure whether it really is worth the money.

Also, any shop to recommend? Somewhere around Clementi to Tanjong Pagar.
belikompie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 11:31 PM   #4329
Master Member

Hi,

Any recommendation for PC lens that is not too yellowish tinted? Degree -2.50 both eyes. Thinking of getting one since I sit in front of computers almost all my waking hours, but not too sure whether it really is worth the money.

Hey,

If you dont want it too yellowish tinted, you can consider using Shamir Blue zero. It absorbs blue light rather than reflect thus it does not have that bluish reflection from your glasses and doesnt look too yellowish when you look through it.

Clementi to tanjong, consider going KJ optometrist at plaza sing? They have a good team of optometrists there! Prices are really reasonable too!
Old 01-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #4330

Hey,

If you dont want it too yellowish tinted, you can consider using Shamir Blue zero. It absorbs blue light rather than reflect thus it does not have that bluish reflection from your glasses and doesnt look too yellowish when you look through it.

Clementi to tanjong, consider going KJ optometrist at plaza sing? They have a good team of optometrists there! Prices are really reasonable too!
Hi there

I am looking for place with a larger selection of Levi's glass.
Also want to buy blue light filter lens and super high index.
twinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #4331
Master Member

Hi there

Good morning!

Regarding places with Levi's glasses, unfortunately i'm not too sure which place sells a wide selection.
But for Blue light filter lenses with high index, all shops will sell lenses with blue light filter! But depending on what brand you are looking for and of course price.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:56 AM   #4332

Hi Twinbaby,

Do look out for shops that sell Tokai Lutina / Asahi lite UV3G lenses. These Made-in-Japan lenses blocks up to 94% HEV light (blue light) while other international brands cuts off maximum of 50% HEV.

New member cant sent PM :X sorry

Hi there

Last edited by EyezoneOpticalSG; 02-06-2018 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: add demo video
EyezoneOpticalSG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #4333

Hi Belikompie,

Tokai Lutina /Asahi-lite UV3G lenses are clear lenses that blocks up to 94% HEV light (harmful blue light).

Do PM me for a link to a live Demo of these lenses.

Hi,

Old 02-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #4334

Hi Belikompie,

Tokai Lutina /Asahi-lite UV3G lenses are clear lenses that blocks up to 94% HEV light (harmful blue light).

Do PM me for a link to a live Demo of these lenses.

Hi there,
On online I saw mixed opinion about crizal lenses and tokai lutina.
Which is truely the better one?
twinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:37 PM   #4335

Hi there,
On online I saw mixed opinion about crizal lenses and tokai lutina.
Which is truely the better one?
Hello! I think the best way is to compare each aspect individually.

Lens material Colour tint
Tokai Lutina's material is almost clear.
Crizal Prevencia uses a different type of material that leaves a visible residue yellow tint.

Lens coating colour
Tokai Lutina's PGC coating is light green (same as most multicoated lenses)
Crizal Prevencia is purplish blue (slightly more reflective)

HEV light block
Tokai Lutina blocks up to 94%.
Crizal Prevencia blocks up to 30%.

Price
Tokai Lutina lenses are generally lower priced as they do not advertise at all. So in terms of value for money, Tokai Lutina would be recommended
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.