HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree484Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2018, 10:16 AM   #4351
Master Member

Thanks GANGSTERKIA for the reply

I have gone back to the shop and asked if there are any other cards that I am supposed to have and the reply was they did not receive any other card that came with my specs. The ways to show my lenses are Zeiss lens are the embossed Zeiss logo on the top right corner of the lenses and the shop is a Zeiss partner, according to Zeiss Singapore (map link). Shall not mention which shop I patronised.

https://www.zeiss.com.sg/vision-care...address=440055

As this is my first pair of Zeiss lenses, I am not certain what am I supposed to receive. My previous Crizal UV lenses came with an authenticity card with a serial number and my prescribed power details printed on the card, as well as my name and the frame the lenses are fitted on are printed too. Not sure if Zeiss lenses also come with such card or not.
Compared to other brands, Zeiss is one that usually gives the prescription/lens detail card to their retailers for their customer keeping. You can try asking your shop to request for it, afaik, especially its a digital lens, you should have it. You can also check yourself at the moment to see if its the real thing by looking at the lens engraving at the side of your lens, the extreme left/right of both lenses. There will be 2 zeiss logos, coupled with the degree of your Addition power(for relaxation/reading) and also the lens marking.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:31 PM   #4352
Master Member

Compared to other brands, Zeiss is one that usually gives the prescription/lens detail card to their retailers for their customer keeping. You can try asking your shop to request for it, afaik, especially its a digital lens, you should have it. You can also check yourself at the moment to see if its the real thing by looking at the lens engraving at the side of your lens, the extreme left/right of both lenses. There will be 2 zeiss logos, coupled with the degree of your Addition power(for relaxation/reading) and also the lens marking.
Hi GANGSTERKIA

I see 3 Zeiss logos in total. 1 at the upper left/right corner (depending on whether is left eye or right eye) and 2 along the middle of the lens, at the edges. I see 075 and D74 beneath the Zeiss logo. So I can conclude the lenses are the real deal, right?

One more thing i noticed. The lenses attract dust easily. Have to wipe clean frequently. Is this due to the coatings?

Thanks for your advises.
tkl23786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #4353
Master Member

You degree must be high right? 1.74 digital lens with 75degree addition power I presume. The lenses should be quite anti static though.. either wiping or could be the environment..

Hi GANGSTERKIA

I see 3 Zeiss logos in total. 1 at the upper left/right corner (depending on whether is left eye or right eye) and 2 along the middle of the lens, at the edges. I see 075 and D74 beneath the Zeiss logo. So I can conclude the lenses are the real deal, right?

One more thing i noticed. The lenses attract dust easily. Have to wipe clean frequently. Is this due to the coatings?

Thanks for your advises.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #4354
Master Member

You degree must be high right? 1.74 digital lens with 75degree addition power I presume. The lenses should be quite anti static though.. either wiping or could be the environment..
Yes. plastic 1.74 with add 75. My degree is about 800.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:38 PM   #4355
Master Member

Yay....... I have received the degree card with serial number. Received a call asking me to collect it. Finally. Thanks all who have helped and advised me.

Some details have been censored
Old 10-06-2018, 05:50 AM   #4356

Where can I get free or cheap eye examination? Thanks!
chaobotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:36 AM   #4357
Master Member

Morning, go either ngee ann/singapore poly optometry centre. Cost 5 dollars for a full eye examination, and checked thoroughly.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #4358
Master Member

Agree with GANGSTERKIA.

Singapore Polytechnic and Ngee Ann Polytechnic both have an Optometry Centre where the final year Diploma of Optometry students get to practice what they have learnt. I believe the prices over there are super affordable and the students are all supervised by the lecturers/managers of the centre. Perhaps you can have a go and try out.

Last edited by tkl23786; 10-06-2018 at 09:44 AM..
Old 10-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #4359

Good to make an appointment 1st as its usually packed most of the time.

Singapore Polytechnic: 6772 1693
Ngee Ann Polytechnic: Appointment Link
Old 10-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #4360

I just made a TOKAI Lutina lense with 1.67 and 1.67 on both side. Very satisfied.
EyezoneOpticalSG likes this.
twinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:24 PM   #4361
Supremacy Member

last time Singapore polytechnic only accepts nets, no cash

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #4362
Master Member

last time Singapore polytechnic only accepts nets, no cash

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
I think we can call and check it up this time. But i believe both should accept cash, As a student from NP i know for sure NP accepts cash.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:24 PM   #4363

Advice!

Hey guisee, I'm looking for a computer eyeglass (to reduce bluelight effects), which brand and what type will you recommend?
InfinityInventor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #4364

Hey guisee, I'm looking for a computer eyeglass (to reduce bluelight effects), which brand and what type will you recommend?
Hi InfinityInventor,
I'ld recommend you to go for Tokai Lutina / Asahi Lite UV3G lenses.
They block up to 94% HEV(Blue) light, has 99% light transmibility(no visible yellow tint) & hydrophobic non-reflective multicoating.

Check out the lens demo here:
Old 12-06-2018, 11:48 PM   #4365

I am back with an update.

I have collected my specs, Zeiss Digital Lens.
Hi, may i know wat the brand/model of your frame is? If you dont mind, can name the shop too?
feralslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.