HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree488Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2018, 10:50 AM   #4471
Master Member

It’s like a dummy spectacles where they let you wear it with your power simulated in it. You probably should have worn it before during The Eye test right??

Sorry, what is trial frame?
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #4472

It’s like a dummy spectacles where they let you wear it with your power simulated in it. You probably should have worn it before during The Eye test right??
Oh, got it. Thanks.
Kensuke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 11:31 AM   #4473

Yeah, If hoya you can consider Dynamic Nulux Active Or Pentax Energy. Both Works as AntiFatigue!

For Essilor you can consider Eyezen.
Is there a great difference between Zeiss, Hoya and Essilor?
Quinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #4474
Master Member

If you ask me, I would say not really. But in terms of clarity, zeiss takes it best but i always emphasise on individual tolerance. If you personal clarity tolerance is high e.g not sensitive to clarity, basically most lenses brand will work on you. But if you want to have better clarity then zeiss is the one to go for. In terms of the 3 of them for single vision lens clarity, my personal opinion is 1)zeiss 2)hoya 3)essilor.
Myself I tried all 3 Brand’s before and I don’t see any difference because my tolerance is very high thus all 3 lenses doesn’t have any significant difference in clarity for me.
There are other lenses in the market e.g. like what fellow user eyezoneopticalsg mentioned, tokai, Asahi , Kodak, AO, Nikon, Pentax, stellify..
So depends on which optical shop you go to, they will probably r commend you accordingly!

Old 22-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #4475
Great Supremacy Member

just saw a Hoya GSS sales banner outside an optics shop,
discounts from $70-130 for different types of lenses

how does it work?
eg I am looking for single vision lens with blue control for mild myopia and astiq
Old 22-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #4476
Master Member

It’s probably Pentax/stellify lenses which is under hoya. If you want blue control(hoya blue filter) then probably have to TOP up 10-20 dollars around there.
But did you ask if must buy a certain tier of lenses before you are entitled to the discount or straight up the lenses?
The difference between Pentax, stellify and hoya is their multicoat. Pentax is using their INC coating, followed by stellify HVP and hoya HVLL(best). Either way as Long as you can take care of your lenses well, either one will be fine for a single vision lens.

just saw a Hoya GSS sales banner outside an optics shop,
discounts from $70-130 for different types of lenses

how does it work?
eg I am looking for single vision lens with blue control for mild myopia and astiq
Old 22-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #4477

For Anti-fatigue lenses, the design is pretty similar across all brands. Can probably just go with the material/coating you prefer
Old 22-07-2018, 07:53 PM   #4478

hi gangsterkia bro, any recommendation of a reliable optical shop around buona vista or ghim moh area? thanks.
rainbow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 08:27 PM   #4479
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am making replacement lens for my wayfarers.

Got quotes SGD 280 for a Carl Zeiss photochromatic lens at a mall. Any other place where I can do it for a better price? Suggestions on alternative photochromatic lenses would be much appreciated as well.
zjllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 08:51 PM   #4480

gangsterkia , for aviator glasses for prescription got any recommendation on the brands?
And also what is the price range of linberg acetanium?
Thank you
Loveless_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 10:17 PM   #4481

how much do the Tokai cost?

~1.50 to1.75 myopia and 0.50 astig
HI where is m vision
spark7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 01:33 AM   #4482
Master Member

hi gangsterkia bro, any recommendation of a reliable optical shop around buona vista or ghim moh area? thanks.
Along the Area, i would recommend going to The Eye Care people. Think they are pretty professional. Price-wise Not too sure. Or if you head further down to bukit timah plaza maybe you can consider Mee mee optics. Both are really reliable though if you ask me, i would lean towards the Latter as i know some of their staff thus believe they are really reliable.
Old 23-07-2018, 01:37 AM   #4483
Master Member

I am making replacement lens for my wayfarers.

Got quotes SGD 280 for a Carl Zeiss photochromatic lens at a mall. Any other place where I can do it for a better price? Suggestions on alternative photochromatic lenses would be much appreciated as well.
Maybe you can ask for Essilor,Pentax, Stellify, AO , Kwang Meng, OSS , Asahi, Tokai. These brands lenses transition lenses should be cheaper than Zeiss.
But in terms of Quality/clarity, i Obviously will lean towards zeiss. But i guess different places will also quote you different prices.
Old 23-07-2018, 01:39 AM   #4484
Master Member

gangsterkia , for aviator glasses for prescription got any recommendation on the brands?
And also what is the price range of linberg acetanium?
Thank you
Aviator Glasses Tbh i not too sure, Maybe u can consider Bolon? Sorry!

Lindberg Acetanium price range is around 750-800+. But of course that is before discount. Thus different places usually will offer different discount base on probably the package you get e.g. lenses and all.
Old 23-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #4485

Thanks Bro, mind PM'ing me your shop location?
if its not too far, then will probably drop by your shop.

Aviator Glasses Tbh i not too sure, Maybe u can consider Bolon? Sorry!

Lindberg Acetanium price range is around 750-800+. But of course that is before discount. Thus different places usually will offer different discount base on probably the package you get e.g. lenses and all.
Loveless_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.