HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree486Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2018, 04:20 PM   #4531
Master Member

Do you know what model is your OP? E.g. Riley k, o malley, Greg peck.

Thanks. Mines from Mrporter. I guess luxxotica is out then? Does your place happen to have OP pads/OP?
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #4532

https://imgur.com/a/LiDk4mZ

I'm not sure of the name but this is the frame i'm using. They didn't have an indication of the name either on Mrporter.
shannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #4533
Master Member

Look towards the temple/legs of the frame. Does it have some English name engraved on it?

https://imgur.com/a/LiDk4mZ

I'm not sure of the name but this is the frame i'm using. They didn't have an indication of the name either on Mrporter.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:05 AM   #4534

Look towards the temple/legs of the frame. Does it have some English name engraved on it?
Nope but I did find out the model is OP 505.
http://oliverpeoples.com/shop/op-505#op-505-cobalt-tortoise-brushed-gold

Does that help? Sorry I can only find out this much. Thanks for your help!
shannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:13 AM   #4535
Arch-Supremacy Member

Icberlin is so yesteryears..
I have had 5 pairs liao!

What is a good "todayyears" replacement for fit and comfort?
drkcynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #4536
Master Member

Nope but I did find out the model is OP 505.
http://oliverpeoples.com/shop/op-505...e-brushed-gold

Does that help? Sorry I can only find out this much. Thanks for your help!
I can help you to check if the supplier still has stock for this nosepad and how much will it cost to get a pair of replacement.

Is that alright?
Old 08-08-2018, 12:53 PM   #4537
Master Member

I have had 5 pairs liao!

It's really subjective from one individual to another! So there's not really a brand(not frame shape) that is old/new/trendy. Frame shape yeah maybe e.g. round ones still and coming soon probably the double bar frame.

As the saying goes, one man's meat is another man's poison.(My opinion). Cheers!
Old 08-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #4538

Guys I have a question. My prescription Oakley has the interchangeable nose pad. It comes with the transparent type. It seems that there is another type which is black in color. I was thinking of getting the black ones online as replacement. Are they the same? I can't seem to find the answer online. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Mine.

Thinking of getting this as replacement. Is this only for crosslink?
Kcusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #4539
Master Member

I have had 5 pairs liao!

Yesteryears stuff are much better than todayyears stuff. Good stuff always are old. The older probably are better.
Seannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #4540
Master Member

Yes it is different, the white/transparent one portrudes more thus pushing the frame further from your face as compared to the other black one. I doubt they will be able to fit, I just called Oakley and they said no as the pin size is different.. but depending also on which model you are talking about. But I highly doubt it can fit....
Please Correct me if I am wrong. If not head down to your usual optical shop and they should be able to get you replacement parts at a small cost

Guys I have a question. My prescription Oakley has the interchangeable nose pad. It comes with the transparent type. It seems that there is another type which is black in color. I was thinking of getting the black ones online as replacement. Are they the same? I can't seem to find the answer online. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Mine.

Thinking of getting this as replacement. Is this only for crosslink?

Last edited by GANGSTERKIA; 08-08-2018 at 04:43 PM..
Old 08-08-2018, 04:46 PM   #4541
Great Supremacy Member

in the prescription, CYC should be +ve or -ve values?

just realised mine new prescription is +50 whereas the old one was -50,
which is correct
Old 08-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #4542

Yes it is different, the white/transparent one portrudes more thus pushing the frame further from your face as compared to the other black one. I doubt they will be able to fit, I just called Oakley and they said no as the pin size is different.. but depending also on which model you are talking about. But I highly doubt it can fit....
Please Correct me if I am wrong. If not head down to your usual optical shop and they should be able to get you replacement parts at a small cost
Thank you very much for the confirmation!! Really appreciate it!! Are you a retailer? I want to get the Asian size white nose pad from you if you have it. You can PM me the place and price if you are not allowed to do it openly.
Kcusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:25 PM   #4543
Master Member

I think you mean Cyl which also stands for cylinderical power or astigmatism. It should be a -ve. Your +50 probably is SPH power which is your spherical power=myopia(-) or hyperopia(+). If your cyl is + it could be that a process called transposition is not done yet. But most or all optical shops usually transpose the value before letting their customers know.

in the prescription, CYC should be +ve or -ve values?

just realised mine new prescription is +50 whereas the old one was -50,
which is correct
Old 08-08-2018, 05:25 PM   #4544
Master Member

Can I check whether Did you purchase your oakleys online? Or from a regular optical shop?

Thank you very much for the confirmation!! Really appreciate it!! Are you a retailer? I want to get the Asian size white nose pad from you if you have it. You can PM me the place and price if you are not allowed to do it openly.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:10 PM   #4545
Great Supremacy Member

I think you mean Cyl which also stands for cylinderical power or astigmatism. It should be a -ve. Your +50 probably is SPH power which is your spherical power=myopia(-) or hyperopia(+). If your cyl is + it could be that a process called transposition is not done yet. But most or all optical shops usually transpose the value before letting their customers know.

thanks

my SPH is -1.50-1.75 for as long as I can remember

Cyl all along -0.50, but axis do change a little over time
surprised to see a +0.50 this time, hope there is no mistake, I don't want to end up cock eye
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.