HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree479Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2018, 07:01 PM   #4546
Master Member

Do you have a picture of the prescription? Is the +50 part of presbyopia? Or maybe some anti fatigue power? Because from -1.50/-1.75 to +50 in a period of 1-2 years is not really common..

thanks

my SPH is -1.50-1.75 for as long as I can remember

Cyl all along -0.50, but axis do change a little over time
surprised to see a +0.50 this time, hope there is no mistake, I don't want to end up cock eye
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:38 PM   #4547

Can I check whether Did you purchase your oakleys online? Or from a regular optical shop?
I got it locally from a regular shop.
Kcusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:17 PM   #4548
Master Member

It won’t be an issue for me helping you get the replacement. But any reason why you did not go back to that shop? Is it still under warranty? If yes, the shop might be able to waive off the cost of it too.

I got it locally from a regular shop.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:05 PM   #4549

It wonít be an issue for me helping you get the replacement. But any reason why you did not go back to that shop? Is it still under warranty? If yes, the shop might be able to waive off the cost of it too.
No particular reason. How long is the standard warranty? 2 years? Not sure if the warranty can be claimed at the shop or have to be at the service center? I don't want make a trip to the shop and then be told to go somewhere else.

My initial intention is to change the nose pad to black, don't really like white cause it will eventually become yellowish, black can last longer? Since that is not possible, guess I will have to get a new white pair. By the way, what is the "standard" price for a pair of nose pad?
Old 09-08-2018, 12:22 AM   #4550

I can help you to check if the supplier still has stock for this nosepad and how much will it cost to get a pair of replacement.

Is that alright?
Hi GANGSTERKIA, no worries, just drop me a pm or I'll check this thread and I'll drop by to collect if you are able to get it. Thanks for your help.
shannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #4551
Master Member

Right now it’s one year on manufacturing defects and on the rubber sock at the back. If I rmb correct it’s 15 dollar. Must check again😅

No particular reason. How long is the standard warranty? 2 years? Not sure if the warranty can be claimed at the shop or have to be at the service center? I don't want make a trip to the shop and then be told to go somewhere else.

My initial intention is to change the nose pad to black, don't really like white cause it will eventually become yellowish, black can last longer? Since that is not possible, guess I will have to get a new white pair. By the way, what is the "standard" price for a pair of nose pad?
Old 09-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #4552
Supremacy Member

What is the price like for OP in Singapore? Is it a lot cheaper to buy online?
Erwinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:50 PM   #4553

Right now itís one year on manufacturing defects and on the rubber sock at the back. If I rmb correct itís 15 dollar. Must check again😅
Thank you very much for all your help. You will definitely be the 1st person I approach for all my future glasses needs.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #4554
Great Supremacy Member

Do you have a picture of the prescription? Is the +50 part of presbyopia? Or maybe some anti fatigue power? Because from -1.50/-1.75 to +50 in a period of 1-2 years is not really common..
no picture
will ask for a copy of the prescription when I collect my specs next week

another question: what are intermediate distance lens used for computer work? how do they work ?
Old 11-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #4555
Master Member

no picture
will ask for a copy of the prescription when I collect my specs next week

another question: what are intermediate distance lens used for computer work? how do they work ?
Those are lenses meant for computer distance depending on your habitual habit. Usually its an arms length away, But that are other factors that affect the degree that is supposed to be prescribed. E.g. even though its one arm lengths away, some individuals like to lean/rest back more thus the power will be different too, some like to sit straight and come closer to the screen at times thus all these habits have to be let known to the Optom/Optician(though we usually will ask you guys about this)

An office lens has 2 viewing area, the top area is more for intermediate/room distance kind of degree, while the lower area is adjusted for reading thus when you are in an office you can consider using that. You can also walk *short* distance with it but not too long as it's still meant for a sitting down position kind of glasses.

Finally a progressive which is what most of us are familiar with. Top for distance, middle for intermediate and bottom for reading. But for a progressive the intermediate zone is still limited thus IF you do not need a glasses to see distance/far by natural but need to use a glasses for near/computer i would advise you against a progressive and use a office lens instead. Or else you will find yourself still needed to tilt your chin up when you are using a desktop. Laptop still will be fine!

Hope this helps for now!
Old 11-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #4556
Master Member

Might be cheaper but servicing-wise....?

OP I believe around 400-700. Made In Italy models are cheaper whereas the vintage made in japan ones are more costly. Prices subject to shop pricing...

What is the price like for OP in Singapore? Is it a lot cheaper to buy online?
Erwinlow likes this.
Old 14-08-2018, 05:35 PM   #4557

Hi all,
Due to worsening myopia, I will need to change my lenses on my Silhouette rimless frame. Can anyone advise on where I can change my lenses?

Thanks
SK
DaFeiLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 06:50 PM   #4558
Master Member

Hi all,
Due to worsening myopia, I will need to change my lenses on my Silhouette rimless frame. Can anyone advise on where I can change my lenses?

Thanks
SK
Hi DaFeiLong, where do you usually change your lenses/get glasses fitted at? Is there a preferred location you would like to do it at? Generally, you can do it at any optical shop. If you need some recommendations on somewhere convenient i can try suggesting
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 07:09 PM   #4559
Master Member

Hi all,

Thanks
SK
Do also take note to go to an optical shop that sells silhouette as the clip used to hold the lenses for silhouette rimless is different from the other brands of frameless too! They have the Soft ones and the hard ones for low and high power respectively. Normal ones will not fit as well.
Old 14-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #4560

the gardens3b,
I changed my lenses about 5 years ago at Kwong Shin near Bras Basah. I don't have a preferred location but I am worried if the frame may snap when it is not handled properly.

gangsterkia,
Do you have any recommendations on the optical shop and also the type of lenses i should get?
I am hopping to get something light so that the spectacles do not slide down my nose bridge.

Thanks, everyone
DaFeiLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.