ralliart_ray

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any shops carry mont blanc frames? like this kind of pattern

s-l1600.jpg

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dunno everytime i did eye tests, my eyes can see the alphanumeric and red/green chart clearly

whenever I get make new spec and wear for a few days, i can't seem to see far clearly.

Reaction score
dunno everytime i did eye tests, my eyes can see the alphanumeric and red/green chart clearly

whenever I get make new spec and wear for a few days, i can't seem to see far clearly.

If both eyes can see clear individually but not together, there might be a chance you could have phoria/ accomodation issues. Pretty common symptom in people who needs to see near for long hours on a daily basis.

Probably good to drop by your usual optician to check your eyes in details to find our more about your issue though. If they can't check, you can drop by my outlet to have a quick check. :)

bluebellas

Reaction score
Was at jb city square. Salesman/optician(?) suggested progressive lens with zero degree shortsightedness. I only needed reading glasses but he said progressive lens means I won’t need to remove my reading glasses if I also need to look at something at normal distance... any thots on this?

MrBoxySquare

Master Member
Reaction score
Am in Osaka and will be in Kyoto and Tokyo. Any recommendations on shops for japanese handmade frames like yuichi Toyama?

Reaction score
Was at jb city square. Salesman/optician(?) suggested progressive lens with zero degree shortsightedness. I only needed reading glasses but he said progressive lens means I won’t need to remove my reading glasses if I also need to look at something at normal distance... any thots on this?

Buy what you need. No point falling for pushy sales to only find out that you don't need those unnecessary stuff later.

If you work deskbound, a pair of reading /office lens would suffice.
If your work require you to walk around and see near at the same time, then a pair of progressive lenses would be suitable

Last edited:

bluebellas

Reaction score
Buy what you need. No point falling for pushy sales to only find out that you don't need those unnecessary stuff later.

If you work deskbound, a pair of reading /office lens would suffice.
If your work require you to walk around and see near at the same time, then a pair of progressive lenses would be suitable

Thanks for your advice! Another question. My first time making reading glasses. Frens say can just buy off the shelf. Wats the dif from buying off the shelf other than costs?

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice! Another question. My first time making reading glasses. Frens say can just buy off the shelf. Wats the dif from buying off the shelf other than costs?

Off the shelf types are considered readers. The lenses used are usually made of acrylic and are way inferior in optics compared to custom made (Opthalmic) lenses. Usually good for up to 15 mins use to do a quick reading.

Custom made ones are prescribed according to your eye's degree and usually are more comfortable as the material used is better and takes into consideration your eye pupil distance.

rororocks

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to get a pair of specs made

- lazy eye, both eyes day vision acceptable
- right eye vision close to perfect
- left eye vision is around 600 I think
- night vision is horrible, can't sleep bus numbers further than one bus length away properly (only started this year)
- in light conditions such as the bus numbers in boon lay bus interchange also cannot be read properly at approximately one bus length away (only started this year)
- spends majority of in front of the computer so looking to get a good blue light protection
- left ear smaller than my right ear so normal specs tilt unless some kind of adjustment is made

I've read a few pages on this thread and I think I should be getting
- a tokai lutina lens 1.6 and 1.7 index
- a Ray Bans RB6378 frame

Would like some advice please

bluebellas

Reaction score
Off the shelf types are considered readers. The lenses used are usually made of acrylic and are way inferior in optics compared to custom made (Opthalmic) lenses. Usually good for up to 15 mins use to do a quick reading.

Custom made ones are prescribed according to your eye's degree and usually are more comfortable as the material used is better and takes into consideration your eye pupil distance.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.