HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree445Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #4636
Master Member

Hi,

May someone enlighten me that says "wide view progressive lens" (eg from Hoya) is independent from the shape of the frame? I have a spare frame in round shape which I got from online. I intend to make a new pair of progressive lens. I am worried that the shape of the frame makes a difference in viewing. I am wearing a rectangular shape progressive lens. Thanks.
Hey,

Regarding the wide view lenses that you are concerned about, firstly, i feel the size of the frame is the true concern followed by the shape of the frame which would affect your viewing area. As what user EyeZone mention, progressive lens design are rather fixed, That means before the lens is CUT/EDGE onto your frame, the viewing area is more or less fixed. Thus The amount of Distortion is already predetermined from the lens you are going to purchase, so if you choose a frame that is wide/long, you will experience more distortion as compared to one that is shorter/narrower. Also Depending on your addition power/Lao hua power, The higher your power, the more distortion you will experience. Thus its advisable to choose a frame that is comfortable for you e.g. not too wide unless your face shape forbids it.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #4637

Photochromic lens

My Transitions lens chipped on impact and I am looking for a replacement. Can someone recommend me a len with these features:

a) Photochromic
- Quick fade back
- Clear during indoors
b) High index 1.67 plastic
c) Single vision
d) blue light filter / PC lens
e) anti-reflective/ glare
f) impact resistant
thekey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 05:24 PM   #4638
Master Member

My Transitions lens chipped on impact and I am looking for a replacement. Can someone recommend me a len with these features:

a) Photochromic
- Quick fade back
- Clear during indoors
c) Single vision
f) impact resistant
the various big lens brands have these features
just pop by any optical stores and they will advice accordingly
price range depending on different grade of lenses
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 06:49 PM   #4639

Thanks to EyeZoneOpticalSG and Gangsterkia.
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 07:05 PM   #4640

Hi Bro, most big brands offer lenses with blue block features. These lenses are good to block HEV light up to 30%.

I'ld suggest you to ask around for Asahi 1.74 Photochromic SV lenses instead.

It filters up to 94% HEV and turns dark when in contact with sun's UV light

a) Photochromic ✔️
- Quick fade back
- Clear during indoors
b) High index 1.67 plastic ✔️(1.74 index)
c) Single vision ✔️
d) blue light filter / PC lens ✔️(94% filter)
e) anti-reflective/ glare✔️
f) impact resistant

Blue Filter demo:

a) Photochromic
- Quick fade back
- Clear during indoors
c) Single vision
f) impact resistant

Last edited by EyezoneOpticalSG; 31-08-2018 at 07:08 PM..
EyezoneOpticalSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #4641

Hello all! Iím interested in DUN frames, anyone knows where I can get them in Sg? Thanks!
Kennedykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #4642

Hello all! Iím interested in DUN frames, anyone knows where I can get them in Sg? Thanks!
Go to Spectacle Culture. Love their services. My first spec with them was DUN. I stopped going coz now got a lot of commitments so donít want to spend $500 or more for a frame.
Very friendly husband and Wife. They even send you yearly check up sms reminder.
curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:13 PM   #4643

Can i know does lindberg framless broke easily as i have framless glasses before and they broke in 1 yrs time .. i dont wanna spend so much money and it does not last me fo few yrs..
Singaporean80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:30 PM   #4644
Master Member

Good afternoon, tbh... all glasses depend on your own handling. It might be very tough(frame) but if we roll over/lie on it also will break. But if you wanna give Lindberg a go and a durable series, I recommend you take a look at their RIM series. It can be manipulated and take quite abit of stress. Might have some YouTube video on it too. My DP is my own Lindberg RIM too, the colours can be customised. Haven seen one break yet as compared to their other series..

Can i know does lindberg framless broke easily as i have framless glasses before and they broke in 1 yrs time .. i dont wanna spend so much money and it does not last me fo few yrs..
Old 01-09-2018, 12:36 PM   #4645

Good afternoon, tbh... all glasses depend on your own handling. It might be very tough(frame) but if we roll over/lie on it also will break. But if you wanna give Lindberg a go and a durable series, I recommend you take a look at their RIM series. It can be manipulated and take quite abit of stress. Might have some YouTube video on it too. My DP is my own Lindberg RIM too, the colours can be customised. Haven seen one break yet as compared to their other series..
hi gangsterkia,but iam more interested in looking for framless glasses.Cox i worried i spend so much but it cant last me my ic berlin is 5 yrs already and still in gd condition so i wondering if lingberg frameless can give me such quality.. btw iam quite a careful person..
Old 01-09-2018, 01:30 PM   #4646
Master Member

I think the point which is most fragile for frameless is the hinges. Lindberg in general doesn’t have screw so that reduces the possibility of the temple breaking/rust. Next the mounting e.g. fitting the temple into lenses is mount by special glue that reacts to UV instead of filling it with a washer/pin that breaks easier. But of course with such quality, it comes with a price.. that’s why you pay that amount for a pair of Lindberg.

But in general most frameless glasses are light, differences probably felt through the nose bridge sitting, the size of the Temples and the material!

hi gangsterkia,but iam more interested in looking for framless glasses.Cox i worried i spend so much but it cant last me my ic berlin is 5 yrs already and still in gd condition so i wondering if lingberg frameless can give me such quality.. btw iam quite a careful person..
Old 01-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #4647
Master Member

if you dont wish to pay such a high price you can just go for frames at a lower tier price range. some might be as durable as lindberg but don't have the name/brand hence you pay a lower price. = more comfortabe for your wallet , not so heart pain if it does break
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #4648

if you dont wish to pay such a high price you can just go for frames at a lower tier price range. some might be as durable as lindberg but don't have the name/brand hence you pay a lower price. = more comfortabe for your wallet , not so heart pain if it does break
Hi thegardens3b , actually iam ok to pay premium price for a quality frame jus tat unsure if lindberg framless can last long or not.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #4649

Hi Bro, most big brands offer lenses with blue block features. These lenses are good to block HEV light up to 30%.

I'ld suggest you to ask around for Asahi 1.74 Photochromic SV lenses instead.

It filters up to 94% HEV and turns dark when in contact with sun's UV light

a) Photochromic ✔️
- Quick fade back
- Clear during indoors
b) High index 1.67 plastic ✔️(1.74 index)
c) Single vision ✔️
d) blue light filter / PC lens ✔️(94% filter)
e) anti-reflective/ glare✔️
f) impact resistant

Blue Filter demo:
Thank you for your reply.
After doing some reading, I think I need those computer lens too.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #4650

Thank you for your reply. Just too many options
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.