HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree484Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2019, 09:18 PM   #5071

Thanks Joesph for helping!

I was given the letter and told that there I can write to Hoya or bring it to CASE. At one point the staff even told me something like "I told them the customer won't try to prank. If prank, she'd have asked to change both lens". Found it quite amusing to hear that because he was sort of telling me that Hoya thinks I'm a joke.

I don't know. But it's really uncomfortable to have a purple dot right in your eyes when looking at bright lights. I honestly find this not normal. I've been wearing spectacle for many yrs, changed a number of spectacle before and this is my first time encountering such issues.
shermainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 08:14 AM   #5072

i'll check and update. many diff ranges of pc lenses from different brands.
any frame choices in particular?
I am not looking at frame as i got a 999.9 frame from japan. I just want to do up the lenses. Thanks
wishxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #5073

What Color of the photomatric lenses u guys had chosen? grey, brown or green and why?
hereiam7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 01:51 PM   #5074

Hi bro,

If im not wrong, HOYA Blue Control lens has a Front surface blue coating.

The purple mark should be a reflection from the front coating, which some people find it disturbing.

I suggest you go for Blue filter lens which has the blue filter properties infused into the material + normal green multi-coating.

Blue Filter demo:

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Last edited by EyezoneOpticalSG; 17-01-2019 at 02:19 PM..
EyezoneOpticalSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #5075

Iím using blue control and yes, thereís a blue dot reflection there but itís not so bad like yours..

Last edited by KwayChup; 17-01-2019 at 02:19 PM..
KwayChup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #5076
Master Member

Thanks Joesph for helping!

I was given the letter and told that there I can write to Hoya or bring it to CASE. At one point the staff even told me something like "I told them the customer won't try to prank. If prank, she'd have asked to change both lens". Found it quite amusing to hear that because he was sort of telling me that Hoya thinks I'm a joke.

I don't know. But it's really uncomfortable to have a purple dot right in your eyes when looking at bright lights. I honestly find this not normal. I've been wearing spectacle for many yrs, changed a number of spectacle before and this is my first time encountering such issues.
Are the photos all taken on the same lenses itself? Or has the lenses been remade in some of them?
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 03:24 PM   #5077

All same lens. Actually the dot can be all over the lens. As in if you move, the dot moves around the lens also..

Are the photos all taken on the same lenses itself? Or has the lenses been remade in some of them?
shermainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 06:27 PM   #5078

It's the front lens reflection, so that's why "As in if you move, the dot moves around the lens also"

All same lens. Actually the dot can be all over the lens. As in if you move, the dot moves around the lens also..
Old 18-01-2019, 05:34 PM   #5079

Hi all, came across this thread when I was looking for spec shop recommendation.

I'm looking at owndays for now, anybody had experience with owndays?

btw, does anybody happened to know what causes this kind of 'dot scratch'?

Before wash

After wash

Washing the specs remove a significant amount of the 'dot scratches' but after awhile maybe a day or 2, most will appear back. I tried changing the lens at my usual shop and this issue still occurs, suspect I was sold fake lenses.

Hope somebody can confirm

Last edited by SG_Student; 18-01-2019 at 05:36 PM..
SG_Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 05:41 PM   #5080
Master Member

Hi all, came across this thread when I was looking for spec shop recommendation.

Before wash

After wash

Washing the specs remove a significant amount of the 'dot scratches' but after awhile maybe a day or 2, most will appear back. I tried changing the lens at my usual shop and this issue still occurs, suspect I was sold fake lenses.

hi, do you know what lenses you are being sold in the first place?
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 05:52 PM   #5081

Do you or anyone in your house uses hair spray?

Before wash

After wash

Old 18-01-2019, 06:05 PM   #5082

Hi there, I don't think those are scratches.. most likely you use some kind of spray type hair product and the mist landed on the lens. Happens to me all the time too when I use heat protection spray before blow-drying my hair. Washes off with some water and soap even if it is caused by strong hold hair spray, no biggie

Before wash

After wash

Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2019, 06:42 PM   #5083

Saw this upcoming promo from Shamir, what do you guys think of it? Good deal to get?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...29069490755076
moejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2019, 12:21 AM   #5084

hi, do you know what lenses you are being sold in the first place?
It should be Crizal Prevencia

Do you or anyone in your house uses hair spray?
Hi there, I don't think those are scratches.. most likely you use some kind of spray type hair product and the mist landed on the lens. Happens to me all the time too when I use heat protection spray before blow-drying my hair. Washes off with some water and soap even if it is caused by strong hold hair spray, no biggie
Yes, I do use hair spray! It does make sense since it can be washed off. Thanks for the help!

Any recommendation for specs shop around Jurong area?
SG_Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2019, 01:55 PM   #5085
Supremacy Member

Apart from Paris miki, any other optical shop sells lindberg frames ?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT
summer_dell is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.