HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree445Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2019, 05:16 PM   #5101

How robust is Lindberg N.O.W. for day to day use? Does it rely on glue like Air Titanium to hold temple pieces to the front frame?
kolecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 08:47 PM   #5102
Master Member

How robust is Lindberg N.O.W. for day to day use? Does it rely on glue like Air Titanium to hold temple pieces to the front frame?
It is actually held by a rubber bushing at the temple hinge. And there is a slight layer of glue to hold them together in place.

They are light and comfortable but robust... i dont think it's the characteristic of the hinge for the N.O.W series. They are robust at the frame front which is the special tough kind of developed acrylic material.
GANGSTERKIA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:26 AM   #5103

It is actually held by a rubber bushing at the temple hinge. And there is a slight layer of glue to hold them together in place.

They are light and comfortable but robust... i dont think it's the characteristic of the hinge for the N.O.W series. They are robust at the frame front which is the special tough kind of developed acrylic material.
Thanks for the reply. Do you mean that the hinge is not as robust as the front frame?

FYI I read somewhere the front frame is some kind of nylon composite material.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #5104

Hi, I was wondering if there any shop you guys would recommend in the Bukit panjang area?

I'm getting quite confused about all the spectacles things so I'm hoping to go to someone I can trust and won't tok me.
WaiZack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:47 PM   #5105
Master Member

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean that the hinge is not as robust as the front frame?

FYI I read somewhere the front frame is some kind of nylon composite material.
Yes, the hinge is not as robust as the frame front, most frames are actually like this too.

From lindberg website, it states that the frame front is made of nylon composite material, which also has element of the acrylic in it a.k.a. their secret recepie material.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:48 PM   #5106
Master Member

Hi, I was wondering if there any shop you guys would recommend in the Bukit panjang area?

I'm getting quite confused about all the spectacles things so I'm hoping to go to someone I can trust and won't tok me.
You can consider heading down to bukit batok, West mall MR Eyewear to get your glasses as they are a trustworthy and commited bunch.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #5107

Yes, the hinge is not as robust as the frame front, most frames are actually like this too.

From lindberg website, it states that the frame front is made of nylon composite material, which also has element of the acrylic in it a.k.a. their secret recepie material.
Iíve had good success with the hinges of Strip Titanium. Rimless Air Titanium comes out of the lens all the time. Not sure it has improved since its early days.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #5108
Master Member

Iíve had good success with the hinges of Strip Titanium. Rimless Air Titanium comes out of the lens all the time. Not sure it has improved since its early days.
Ah, Strip titanium hinges are the standard ones that many of their series are also using. Those will get loose too over the years but need to bring back to the shop to service then it will be fine.

Air titanium i do see afew cases but not all the time. Was the UV glue used? or just those normal glue?
Old 02-02-2019, 06:00 PM   #5109
Supremacy Member

Anyone know where has most variety of mykita and cheapest. Thanks
Presto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:40 AM   #5110

Are zoff frame and lenses good? i've just started working full time (Desk-bound office job) and would like to make a good yet affordable pair of glasses with PC coating. Chanced upon Zoff and was told that they uses Seiko Lenses and their BR coating has reduced yellowing effect.. anyone has any experience with zoff's frame and lenses

TIA
KYLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #5111

hi all, does anyone know where to get Coosh by Urband frames beside from Nanyang optical or anything which is similar in terms of design, size and price? TIA
skye98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #5112
Master Member

I am not looking at frame as i got a 999.9 frame from japan. I just want to do up the lenses. Thanks
999.9 shop is the best experience i ever got. Posh interior, great service and aftersales maintenance, provides free original nosepads replacement. Beats all other luxury optical brands in sg because they have a direct shop in sg. No need to go through local distributors. For brands like japonism, dun and spivvy or even lindberg, all have to go through local agent if you have any requests and if the particular retail shop you go to doesnt carry the brand you are wearing you have to find a shop that uses that brand's local agent. I find it cumbersome and not all retail shops will be willing to go the extra mile for you unless you are a VIP customer.
Seannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:15 PM   #5113
Master Member

Anyone know where has most variety of mykita and cheapest. Thanks
Hi, I believe Jamco is the place you will be able to find a wide variety of mykia and also very reasonable price.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:54 PM   #5114

999.9 shop is the best experience i ever got. Posh interior, great service and aftersales maintenance, provides free original nosepads replacement. Beats all other luxury optical brands in sg because they have a direct shop in sg. No need to go through local distributors. For brands like japonism, dun and spivvy or even lindberg, all have to go through local agent if you have any requests and if the particular retail shop you go to doesnt carry the brand you are wearing you have to find a shop that uses that brand's local agent. I find it cumbersome and not all retail shops will be willing to go the extra mile for you unless you are a VIP customer.
Yes i totally agree.. Even when i bought the frame from Japan.. I just replaced the nose pad to the curve ones for free. Silicon ones they charge $8 though.
wishxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:05 AM   #5115

Nose pad

Where can I get nose pad for Oakley shades model is discontinued?
whitebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.