HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree437Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2019, 11:46 PM   #5161
Master Member

I believe this is a common misconception about eyechecks.

Eyechecks are NOT done for free.

Most shop do it for ''free'' if you make a pair of glasses or Contact lens.
Our eyes are important just like our health. A good example is e.g. we see a doctor for a body/health check, we still have to pay a consultation fee or even for a quick check at the dentist.

We,Optometrist and Opticians also study, train and make sure we are qualified before coming out to the field to practice. Thus it's not some ''Chapalang''/unqualified individual that is checking your eyes.

Our eyes are really important thus we make sure that we put our utmost best in the refraction and analysis all the time.

I hope this clears up all about the notion too
I'm sorry I thought eye check is to get degree
yesterday zoff at orchard central had a sign that offered free

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2019, 10:52 PM   #5162

Staffan Preutz spectacle

Anyone can advise where to get old serial type or model of Staffan Preutz spectacle? Or anyone is keen to sell their used or second hand one can message me as well because I m looking for it. Thank.
Kenny fei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 12:14 AM   #5163
Master Member

is eye check like Singapore polytechnic take 2 to 2 1/2 h?

Old 20-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #5164
Master Member

is eye check like Singapore polytechnic take 2 to 2 1/2 h?

Yes, that is usually the case. The in-training Optometrist will first do the eye examination and test required before the supervisor will double check the results hence the duration. It might take faster if there is nothing suspicious e.g. eye issues.

Do take note that there is a small fee for the Test too, whether at SP or Ngee Ann Poly.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #5165
Master Member

Yes, that is usually the case. The in-training Optometrist will first do the eye examination and test required before the supervisor will double check the results hence the duration. It might take faster if there is nothing suspicious e.g. eye issues.

Do take note that there is a small fee for the Test too, whether at SP or Ngee Ann Poly.
I mean, I'm referring to eye check done, like in eye zone etc, will it take 1 h etc?

Old 20-02-2019, 12:14 PM   #5166
Master Member

I mean, I'm referring to eye check done, like in eye zone etc, will it take 1 h etc?

oh my bad! sorry!
Old 20-02-2019, 09:05 PM   #5167

Hi, like to seek some opinion. I just made a pair of new specs. Frame $350. Progressive (level 2) & transistion & blue light. Zesis lens. Total $1250. My degrees for both eyes less than 250. Is this price ok ?
surf2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 10:02 PM   #5168

Hi any one knows the rrp of Zeiss 1.9 glass lens? Thanks
ActiveBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #5169
Master Member

Hi, like to seek some opinion. I just made a pair of new specs. Frame $350. Progressive (level 2) & transistion & blue light. Zesis lens. Total $1250. My degrees for both eyes less than 250. Is this price ok ?
sounds about right .. nothing too out of the norm
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 02:59 AM   #5170

I believe this is a common misconception about eyechecks.

Eyechecks are NOT done for free.

Most shop do it for ''free'' if you make a pair of glasses or Contact lens.
Our eyes are important just like our health. A good example is e.g. we see a doctor for a body/health check, we still have to pay a consultation fee or even for a quick check at the dentist.

We,Optometrist and Opticians also study, train and make sure we are qualified before coming out to the field to practice. Thus it's not some ''Chapalang''/unqualified individual that is checking your eyes.

Our eyes are really important thus we make sure that we put our utmost best in the refraction and analysis all the time.

I hope this clears up all about the notion too
sounds about right .. nothing too out of the norm
i need to make a pair of glasses for myself. I don't really want to go to Owndays. I feel like its overrated? is there any other places i can go to? which is cheap, value for money and not so pushy?
kaixin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 09:08 AM   #5171

Hi may i know what frame you getting?

KingOfSbw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #5172
Master Member

i need to make a pair of glasses for myself. I don't really want to go to Owndays. I feel like its overrated? is there any other places i can go to? which is cheap, value for money and not so pushy?
Hey there, which area of Sg are you more comfortable/accessible with?
Old 21-02-2019, 12:17 PM   #5173

Looking for Progressive lens

Currently using Crizal lens. I need to start using progressive lens as I cannot see near things clearly. Eg. on my phone. I need to take out my specs.

I am around 250-300 deg shortsighted, with some astig on both eyes, around 75-100?

Can anyone recommend a good progressive lens to start and that's not too ex?

I have a pair of Hugo frames hence I only need the lens, I didn't want to go Ownsday, the last pair that I made there, supposedly to block blue light. It turned yellowish after 6 mths.

I went to W optics and was quoted around 450 for a basic progressive lens from Essilor

And also if Anyone knows who still sells Tag Heur frames in SG? Thanks in Advance.
Arsenaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2019, 01:03 PM   #5174

Currently using Crizal lens. I need to start using progressive lens as I cannot see near things clearly. Eg. on my phone. I need to take out my specs.

I am around 250-300 deg shortsighted, with some astig on both eyes, around 75-100?

Can anyone recommend a good progressive lens to start and that's not too ex?

I have a pair of Hugo frames hence I only need the lens, I didn't want to go Ownsday, the last pair that I made there, supposedly to block blue light. It turned yellowish after 6 mths.

I went to W optics and was quoted around 450 for a basic progressive lens from Essilor

And also if Anyone knows who still sells Tag Heur frames in SG? Thanks in Advance.
Hi Bro,

A pair of 1.50 index progressive lens with basic design starts from $180.
Depending on your needs, you can also choose to top up & have Add-ons like:
  • Higher index for even thinner lenses
  • Wider Angle lenses
  • Colour changing lenses (E.g. Transitions, Photochromic)
  • HEV Light (Blue) Filter (E.g. Asahi-Lite UV3G, Tokai Lutina)
Old 21-02-2019, 01:06 PM   #5175

how about us
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.