HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree445Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2019, 01:01 PM   #5236

I have also tried getting a prescribed progressive from one of the specs shop 2-3 years back and it was bad as well. Basically a worse experience than the one I bought from Owndays and it was done by a pretty old Uncle.....
Progressive lenses comfort is dependent on Optician/Optometrist's skill & the product used.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #5237
Master Member

I have also tried getting a prescribed progressive from one of the specs shop 2-3 years back and it was bad as well. Basically a worse experience than the one I bought from Owndays and it was done by a pretty old Uncle.....
Brings me back to the point of the practioner experience and also probably them not enquiring more about your lifestyle and habits before prescribing.
Hope your next pair will regain your confidence in progressive lenses regardless of who is fitting them
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 04:04 PM   #5238

1.6 Zeiss SV Superb + Duravision Platinum

I just bought 1.6 Zeiss SV Superb + Duravision Platinum.
There is Z logos and VS60 engraving on the lens with certificate indicating the prescriptions.

One question, when i put my lens on a white paper, it appeared yellowish.

I did not order with Blueprotect. Is this normal?
haiping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 05:45 PM   #5239
Master Member

There is Z logos and VS60 engraving on the lens with certificate indicating the prescriptions.

bring it back to the shop to enquire.

sometimes the lighting of your surroundings matter as to how you perceive the color. It is normal for lenses to yellow after some time.
i haven't handled a zeiss lens for sometime, probably wait for other input
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 09:19 PM   #5240
Master Member

On the Certificate, what did they put? 1.6 Zeiss SV superb+duravision platinum only? Or did it also also include blue protect?
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 09:11 AM   #5241

On the Certificate, what did they put? 1.6 Zeiss SV superb+duravision platinum only? Or did it also also include blue protect?
Attached photos for comments.

Old 21-03-2019, 12:15 PM   #5242
Master Member

Attached photos for comments.

Alright, thanks for the images!

Not to worry, there is no blue protect coating on the lenses. As, all duravision platinium lenses has ''what they call'' a blue reflex coat and thus that will cause the lens to give this ''slight yellowish hue''. If you compare it with a blueprotect lens then i believe the comparison will be more obvious.
Old 21-03-2019, 01:15 PM   #5243

Alright, thanks for the images!

Not to worry, there is no blue protect coating on the lenses. As, all duravision platinium lenses has ''what they call'' a blue reflex coat and thus that will cause the lens to give this ''slight yellowish hue''. If you compare it with a blueprotect lens then i believe the comparison will be more obvious.
Ok, thank you for the insight information. I expect it to be clear lens instead of yellowish hue lens since without Blueprotect. The shop asked me to bring it back for investigation. Guess now i don't have to bring it back already.
Old 21-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #5244
Master Member

I see.. clear one would be their previous coating which is called the lotutec coating, which would have a green reflex coating and hence a clearer/less yellowish hue.

Ok, thank you for the insight information. I expect it to be clear lens instead of yellowish hue lens since without Blueprotect. The shop asked me to bring it back for investigation. Guess now i don't have to bring it back already.
Old 22-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #5245

Hello! I’m looking for lenses which have anti-fatigue and blue light filter. Came across crizal eyezen and kodak and was wondering if anyone had experiences wearing the anti-fatigue lenses? Both are similarly priced, but the Kodak lenses seem to be more aesthetically pleasing (reflect less blue light, using a different technology), whereas the eyezen offers more UV protection.

Anyone has any recommendations?
Losttouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #5246
Master Member

Hello! I’m looking for lenses which have anti-fatigue and blue light filter. Came across crizal eyezen and kodak and was wondering if anyone had experiences wearing the anti-fatigue lenses? Both are similarly priced, but the Kodak lenses seem to be more aesthetically pleasing (reflect less blue light, using a different technology), whereas the eyezen offers more UV protection.

Anyone has any recommendations?
Hi,

Both offers Same level of UV protection, only difference is that Kodak Lenses is probably using a blue light absorbing technology as compared to eyezen which is light reflecting.
Kodak=less reflection
Eyezen=More reflection

One will look more aesthetically pleasing as what you mentioned whereas the other will offer less glare when looking at electronic devices.

Depending on which you prefer, both are fine.
Old 23-03-2019, 12:15 AM   #5247

Thanks for the help Gangster!
Losttouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2019, 07:41 PM   #5248

Hi,

Both offers Same level of UV protection, only difference is that Kodak Lenses is probably using a blue light absorbing technology as compared to eyezen which is light reflecting.
Kodak=less reflection
Eyezen=More reflection

One will look more aesthetically pleasing as what you mentioned whereas the other will offer less glare when looking at electronic devices.

Depending on which you prefer, both are fine.
Add on that Kodak lens absorbs up to 90% HEV (Blue) light whereas Eyezen reflects up to 30% HEV (Blue) light.

In terms of material, Kodak wins hands down.
Old 23-03-2019, 07:57 PM   #5249
Master Member

A good read for you guys regarding blue light. How much protection is too much and how much protection is actually needed?

https://www.allaboutvision.com/cvs/blue-light.htm

Hope this helps!
Old 23-03-2019, 08:58 PM   #5250
High Supremacy Member

Add on that Kodak lens absorbs up to 90% HEV (Blue) light whereas Eyezen reflects up to 30% HEV (Blue) light.

In terms of material, Kodak wins hands down.
How about the price? And if compared to Pentax?
peaceheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.