HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree448Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #5266

Last check should be -2.75 and -1.75 but should be increase. Inclusive of lenses my budget around 700 - 800 (or cheaper). Plan to buy a decent frame and lenses can last for years. Any good recommendation?

Saw Ic! berlin but out of my budget.
Hour9862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 11:14 PM   #5267
Master Member

Then there are many good frames you can get with that amount. Actually ICB also can depending on how much discount given. Your lenses shouldn’t cost so much too for that power. But yellows plus, eyevans, masunaga all should be able to do unless you plan on getting a more premium lens.

Last check should be -2.75 and -1.75 but should be increase. Inclusive of lenses my budget around 700 - 800 (or cheaper). Plan to buy a decent frame and lenses can last for years. Any good recommendation?

Saw Ic! berlin but out of my budget.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 11:17 PM   #5268
High Supremacy Member

Just broke my spec and now looking for a shop ranging from raffles place to hougang...any recommendation please?
Old 26-03-2019, 11:35 PM   #5269
Master Member

Possible for you to travel to plaza sing? If yes, then kj optometrists at plaza sing should have good selection and choices for you!

Just broke my spec and now looking for a shop ranging from raffles place to hougang...any recommendation please?
Old 27-03-2019, 12:33 AM   #5270

Looking for lenses with blue light filter, anti reflection, UV filter. Highly recommended by my friend to pick Zeiss. Just curious what different is normal zeiss vs superb. Saw the catalog once in JB the price is for superB is like 2.5 times of a normal zeiss lens.

Any place recommended around CDB to central? Do KJ carry those brand?
Old 27-03-2019, 08:38 AM   #5271
Master Member

Looking for lenses with blue light filter, anti reflection, UV filter. Highly recommended by my friend to pick Zeiss. Just curious what different is normal zeiss vs superb. Saw the catalog once in JB the price is for superB is like 2.5 times of a normal zeiss lens.

Any place recommended around CDB to central? Do KJ carry those brand?
The difference is in the clarity(sharper and clearer) of the lenses, and shape of the lens e.g. thinner and flatter, compared to lower tier lenses.

Yes KJ do carry those brands too!
Old 27-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #5272
Supremacy Member

foptics?

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 11:54 PM   #5273

Thanks Bro, will check out this few days. For anti reflection and blue light filter, which brand is more recommended?
Old 28-03-2019, 09:18 AM   #5274

Price wise - it is under the R.R.P. As mentioned often, some places do offer more or less discount. If it is your regular shop you go to and you trust them and like their services, it is fine

Gangsterkia already mentioned in previous posts for those people asking. Maybe you can refer to that and return to the shop to enquire more if you still have questions

lenses wise if you not particular, cheapest lenses = those not branded ones. depending on your power etc they can advice at the shop. different shop might carry different products etc. but thin frames usually need thinner lens unless you dont mind. that might be a factor in your decision. certain stuff straightforward we can answer right away but qns like yours we need to ask more follow up questions before we can arrive to a conclusion.

Thank you!

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
cokiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 07:17 PM   #5275
Supremacy Member

https://www.axisoptical.org/ProductD...NZEISS1%2E67FF

Any bro can comment on this price vs SG RRP? I want to go back my optician at Paris Miki but I suspect even with discount the price is very high.
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 07:45 PM   #5276
Master Member

If it is 399 for one pair. It is dirt cheap. Way too cheap, and if it LEGIT, good deal.

Haha I am pretty astounded when I see the price.
Does it included shipping? Who will do the frame fit adjustment for you too?

The Frame you getting from them too? If not, send over just pay extra too right?

https://www.axisoptical.org/ProductD...NZEISS1%2E67FF

Any bro can comment on this price vs SG RRP? I want to go back my optician at Paris Miki but I suspect even with discount the price is very high.

Last edited by GANGSTERKIA; 28-03-2019 at 07:47 PM..
Old 28-03-2019, 08:23 PM   #5277
Supremacy Member

If it is 399 for one pair. It is dirt cheap. Way too cheap, and if it LEGIT, good deal.

Haha I am pretty astounded when I see the price.
Does it included shipping? Who will do the frame fit adjustment for you too?

The Frame you getting from them too? If not, send over just pay extra too right?
This is in USD for a pair, shipping is about USD30 with tracking. My frame I'm getting in Silhouette rimless from JB source. As to who help me mount we shall see. I very scared give them such expensive lenses. Last time my Made in Japan Seiko lense was badly cut by technician at Paris Miki. But they replaced for free for me. I'm not sure if they still have Japanese technicians at their Taka outlet.
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #5278
Master Member

This is in USD for a pair, shipping is about USD30 with tracking. My frame I'm getting in Silhouette rimless from JB source. As to who help me mount we shall see. I very scared give them such expensive lenses. Last time my Made in Japan Seiko lense was badly cut by technician at Paris Miki. But they replaced for free for me. I'm not sure if they still have Japanese technicians at their Taka outlet.
Oh, if it is USD then...the price convert to sgd plus shipping depends already. Edging of lens have to trust them already, TBH singapore optical shops if u want us to edge for you, it's at your own risk. Because we cant give u any warranty as it is not done by us. Whatsmore, you are right, it is frameless. Thus shops will probably charge you some edging fee or maybe not even want to take up the job.
I rather you make the lens in Singapore as the price doesnt differ much, some places might be able to give u a better discount.
Old 29-03-2019, 11:33 AM   #5279

For a budget around 500+-, am I able to get a Japanese made frame? Any recommendations? I browse through the post saw some mention yellow plus. Not sure my budget fit.
Hi! How about Hamamoto or Waza? Both are Made in Japan

Inclusive of Asahi Lite 94% Blue Filter lenses, adds up to around 400+-
Old 29-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #5280

Hi all. I am searching for a new spectacles frame - no need lenses.

Can anyone recommend where to buy? I currently wear a simple rectangular titanium full frame. Looking for something similar ideally with spring hands so that it can take a hit from football and not break.

I don't care about brands. Color should be black or grey for general use.
Shahmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.