HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree455Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2019, 02:41 AM   #5296

Been reading the whole thread for past few days. Currently looking to replace my progressive lens. I believed the current lens are Zeiss lens but after few years, many scratches on it and slight crack on the corners.

I've read about Varilux lens but will love some recommendations.
damnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:23 AM   #5297

Been reading the whole thread for past few days. Currently looking to replace my progressive lens. I believed the current lens are Zeiss lens but after few years, many scratches on it and slight crack on the corners.

I've read about Varilux lens but will love some recommendations.
Hi Bro!

If you're currently on Zeiss, i suggest sticking to it. Going for Varilux would be a downgrade. Lenses on Par with Zeiss or better would be Tokai lenses.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:45 AM   #5298

Hi Bro!

If you're currently on Zeiss, i suggest sticking to it. Going for Varilux would be a downgrade. Lenses on Par with Zeiss or better would be Tokai lenses.
I walked past your TPY branch yesterday I should have walked in

Any reasons why so many scratches on Zeiss?
damnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #5299

I walked past your TPY branch yesterday I should have walked in

Any reasons why so many scratches on Zeiss?
Weekends are always very busy. Best to drop by during weekdays for us to better serve you

Zeiss coating is pretty durable. However, no matter how durable the coating, scratches are inevitable. Especially if the lenses are more than 2 years, as the coating would erode due to wear and tear.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:47 PM   #5300

Asking the experts here...I'm in my 50s and wearing half rim metal frame progressive glasses. My children did remarks that I do look fierce especially when not smiling. I hope to correct that. Is it possible to get a frame that may be able to help make me look more friendlier, approachable?
happyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:13 PM   #5301
Master Member

Asking the experts here...I'm in my 50s and wearing half rim metal frame progressive glasses. My children did remarks that I do look fierce especially when not smiling. I hope to correct that. Is it possible to get a frame that may be able to help make me look more friendlier, approachable?

of course! just pop by the shops with your children and ask them which one they prefer! nothing better than having your children there to decide with you
GANGSTERKIA likes this.
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:59 PM   #5302

of course! just pop by the shops with your children and ask them which one they prefer! nothing better than having your children there to decide with you
Lol..then don't wan lah.. scared later they ask me to wear pink or wear one like Elton John.
I feel better in the hands of a professional eye wear (beauty) consultant than my own children
happyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:46 PM   #5303

Oh i see, then you can consider using the frame. One more concern is the condition of the frame. If it's an old model frame, servicing might be an issue and if any parts of the frame might fall off.

If all is good then that's perfect. If not you might want to use a newer frame so avoid breaking the frame and wasting the lenses.
Thanks!

How much do you think the lens will cost? I can choose a new frame if it's not soo expensive.
fabfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:55 PM   #5304

Thank you, would you know which shop in Singapore sells Swiss flex for a good price? Idm going for your shop as well.
Nitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #5305
High Supremacy Member

Lol..then don't wan lah.. scared later they ask me to wear pink or wear one like Elton John.
I feel better in the hands of a professional eye wear (beauty) consultant than my own children
Need to change wardrobe too, it's a whole package and look haha
peaceheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:39 AM   #5306
High Supremacy Member

Thank you, would you know which shop in Singapore sells Swiss flex for a good price? Idm going for your shop as well.
Worn Swissflex for a couple of years before. Dun really like the lack of grip on the head, too light, doesn't sit well on face.
peaceheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #5307
Master Member

bring them in have a look also la... take their comments with a pinch of salt haha
Old 02-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #5308
Master Member

Worn Swissflex for a couple of years before. Dun really like the lack of grip on the head, too light, doesn't sit well on face.
ok la my experience with them is most people are happy with it.
less popular compared to last time but if people want lightweight frames - good choice
Old 02-04-2019, 10:42 AM   #5309
Master Member

You can consider going to Mr Eyewear At west mall bukit batok. They have a nice range of swissflex and reasonable pricing!
GANGSTERKIA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:33 PM   #5310
Master Member

if you dont mind coming over, my workplace has a decent collection of Swissflex and Silhouette.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.