Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree449Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2019, 08:49 PM   #5356

eyezone

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

Yup, we have 5 stores islandwide:
Blk 184 Toa Payoh Central #01-366 S(310184)
Blk 143 Teck Whye Lane #01-233 S(680143)
Blk 101 Yishun Ave 5 #01-97 S(760101)
Blk 213 Bedok Central #01-127 S(460213)
Blk 301 Woodlands St 31 #01-259 S(730301)
Old 17-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #5357

Yup, small plastic frames are recommended when using lenticular lenses for best effect. Lenticular lenses are still available with progressives. We'l normally recommend to those with super high prescription (usually >-10.00D).
Just for reference.

Update:
Had a customer recently change progressive lenses for his own frame.
Degree is -9.75D.

Old lens :1.74 index Progressive
New Lens:1.74 index Progressive Lenticular

Lens thickness went down by about 20-25%

Old 17-04-2019, 06:28 PM   #5358
Master Member

Any difference at the front too? For comparison sake e.g. diminishing effect of the myopic rings.

Just for reference.

Update:
Had a customer recently change progressive lenses for his own frame.
Degree is -9.75D.

Old lens :1.74 index Progressive
New Lens:1.74 index Progressive Lenticular

Lens thickness went down by about 20-25%

GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 06:47 PM   #5359

Any difference at the front too? For comparison sake e.g. diminishing effect of the myopic rings.
Lenticular Lens:

Normal Lens

Image is almost the same. Myopia Rings reduced slightly
Old 17-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #5360
Master Member

Guys I needed some advise.

My specs had been broken, so I wearing another pair that I made in JB and which I suspected the reading is incorrect as I feel giddy.

However I ignore it worn in almost half a year until my baby accidentally break it.

Now I'm wearing contact lenses with the same degree but I realized when I'm unable to see text in close distance.
Holding Hp or papers approx 20cm away the text is blur but ok if I took out the lenses or spec.

Am I having 老花眼?

Any recommendation to test and make a new specs as it affect my work.
LIN_JOEL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 09:50 PM   #5361
Master Member

Good evening,

How old are you roughly?
Any idea what is your power right now?

There was a similar incident to a user here too, whereby he used same power of lenses with his glasses and thus have issue reading.( no power compensation when having you are over the limit for contact lenses).

My specs had been broken, so I wearing another pair that I made in JB and which I suspected the reading is incorrect as I feel giddy.

However I ignore it worn in almost half a year until my baby accidentally break it.

Now I'm wearing contact lenses with the same degree but I realized when I'm unable to see text in close distance.
Holding Hp or papers approx 20cm away the text is blur but ok if I took out the lenses or spec.

Am I having 老花眼?

Old 17-04-2019, 11:40 PM   #5362
Master Member

Good evening,

How old are you roughly?
Any idea what is your power right now?

There was a similar incident to a user here too, whereby he used same power of lenses with his glasses and thus have issue reading.( no power compensation when having you are over the limit for contact lenses).
Hi,
I'm 41. current using 5.00 & 5.25 contact lens.
LIN_JOEL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 07:23 AM   #5363
Master Member

Ah then likely the reason why you are not seeing clearly at near is because of the lenses degree. The power is not being compensated(lowered) due to certain factors.
You should probably go back and get your contact lenses degree adjusted and then it will be more comfortable for you after!
Regarding your glasses that you said was giddy, was it a progressive too?(yes highly likely it’s presbyopia/Lao Hua)

Hi,
I'm 41. current using 5.00 & 5.25 contact lens.
Old 18-04-2019, 11:40 AM   #5364

Am I having 老花眼?

I suggest going back to your regular optician to have a quick check in your prescription. As we progress in age, myopia tends to dip lower + presbyopia 老花 sets in as well. Best to get a pair with correct degree, especially when there is a baby around.

Last edited by EyezoneOpticalSG; 18-04-2019 at 12:42 PM..
EyezoneOpticalSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #5365

Isit true that getting a smaller frame as compared to a larger frame will provide sharper and crisps vision?

Also noticed that whenever I get tested, the vision on the test specs looks much sharper than after the spectacle is made. Any idea why this is so
blurpandasg2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 04:27 PM   #5366

Isit true that getting a smaller frame as compared to a larger frame will provide sharper and crisps vision?

Also noticed that whenever I get tested, the vision on the test specs looks much sharper than after the spectacle is made. Any idea why this is so

"Isit true that getting a smaller frame as compared to a larger frame will provide sharper and crisps vision?"

Nope, size doesn't matter. Assuming that the refraction is done properly, alot of times sharper and crisp vision is dependent on the type of frame (Plastic, Metal, with or w/o nose pads) chosen, Lens material used, light transmissibility of lens & vertex distance.

Unless you have super high degree, usually what you see while using the trial frame should be the same as what you see with your specs.
For higher degree, opticians/optometrist would usually take more precaution as to what frame to recommend and would adjust the degree accordingly if the frame is too far/near the face. Trying choosing lenses which provide better light transmissibility.

Last edited by EyezoneOpticalSG; 18-04-2019 at 05:54 PM..
Old 19-04-2019, 09:48 PM   #5367
High Supremacy Member

should we wash our spec and len in soap water daily?
will the soap water remove the cloating on the lenses?
vbhelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 10:38 AM   #5368

Prescription Specs with Clip on Sun glass attachment

Hi, any recommendation for prescription glasses with magnetic clipon sunglass attachment?

Currently using owndays snap but the model i like is no longer in production.
kitboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 05:55 PM   #5369

"Isit true that getting a smaller frame as compared to a larger frame will provide sharper and crisps vision?"

Nope, size doesn't matter. Assuming that the refraction is done properly, alot of times sharper and crisp vision is dependent on the type of frame (Plastic, Metal, with or w/o nose pads) chosen, Lens material used, light transmissibility of lens & vertex distance.

Unless you have super high degree, usually what you see while using the trial frame should be the same as what you see with your specs.
For higher degree, opticians/optometrist would usually take more precaution as to what frame to recommend and would adjust the degree accordingly if the frame is too far/near the face. Trying choosing lenses which provide better light transmissibility.
Thank you for your very comprehensive reply. My degree is abt 600 (R) and 400 (L) with astig abt 175.

What frame shape/size would be suitable for such degree and would plastic/metal frame be better?
blurpandasg2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #5370

Thank you for your very comprehensive reply. My degree is abt 600 (R) and 400 (L) with astig abt 175.

What frame shape/size would be suitable for such degree and would plastic/metal frame be better?
Hi!

As a rule of thumb, Plastic frames are usually recommended for higher degree >5.00D. However, frames will also be recommended based on face shape as well. I believe most optometrist/opticians will be able to recommend a shape & material to best suit your needs

Last edited by EyezoneOpticalSG; 20-04-2019 at 07:01 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.