ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@GANGSTERKIA

Do you know the different prices for:
1. sync3
2. sync3 pro
3. Nulux EP

all with 1.74 index with HVLL & BluControl for the following prescription?

R-4.25 cyl-2.00 x 15
L-4.25 cyl-2.25 x 170

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Will update you when I am at work later👍🏻

@GANGSTERKIA

1. sync3
2. sync3 pro
3. Nulux EP

R-4.25 cyl-2.00 x 15
L-4.25 cyl-2.25 x 170

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
You really want to use 1.74 index for -4.00+ prescription? (It’s really overkill)

Sync 3-630
Sync 3 pro-680
Nulux EP-750

I would recommend 1.60 or at max 1.67
Sync 3-380
Sync 3 pro-430
Nulux EP-500

Sync 3-480
Sync 3 pro-530
Nulux EP-600

@GANGSTERKIA

1. sync3
2. sync3 pro
3. Nulux EP

R-4.25 cyl-2.00 x 15
L-4.25 cyl-2.25 x 170

ralliart12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sync 3-630
Sync 3 pro-680
Nulux EP-750

Sync 3-380
Sync 3 pro-430
Nulux EP-500

Sync 3-480
Sync 3 pro-530
Nulux EP-600

Actually does the 闪光 play a part in the pricing? & the above includes the blucontrol & HVLL?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually does the 闪光 play a part in the pricing? & the above includes the blucontrol & HVLL?

All includes HVLL and BlueControl, You can opt out of BlueControl.

Nope, all these lenses are considered RX/Customized thus astigmatism range has been catered to as compared to stock lenses which only caters up to -2.00D of astig/shan guang.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You really want to use 1.74 index for -4.00+ prescription? (It’s really overkill)

Sync 3-630
Sync 3 pro-680
Nulux EP-750

Sync 3-380
Sync 3 pro-430
Nulux EP-500

Sync 3-480
Sync 3 pro-530
Nulux EP-600

Boss your above prices are not RX right? Stock lens prices?

Mine last time buy nulux EP 1.67 RRP $700. Price toh or you gave discounted price? Or i get chopped carrot??

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Yours got sensity?

Edit: Nulux EP, V+ is already RXed

Boss your above prices are not RX right? Stock lens prices?

Mine last time buy nulux EP 1.67 RRP $700. Price toh or you gave discounted price? Or i get chopped carrot??

Last edited:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yours got sensity?

No. Nulux EP 1.67 index i remember few years ago i also got see the price chart stated RRP is $700. And nulux EP 1.74 at that time RRP was almost $1k. Both are HVLL coating. Thats the reason i didnt get 1.74 back then cos huge price diffrrential.

Even further back when nulux only have hvp coating, hoya nulux EP 1.67 was only $550 (i think 8years back) then i remember hoya upgrade coating to hvll and then increase the price from $550 to $700.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sync 3-630
Sync 3 pro-680
Nulux EP-750

Jialak hoya adjusted their price until current level im surprised. Maybe whole market has adjusted.

Last time hoya nulux EP 1.74 not so cheap de...

If never remember wrongly, zeiss indi SV 1.74 last time was close to $1k when it just launched.

skull1977

Reaction score
Going to open shop be own boss liao. Mention your hwz name can get 40% discount on lens or not, boss??

Out of curiosity, is there like a standard discount on lens off their RRP?/listed price? Of course bearing in mind that each shop have their own supplier costs and own margin/marked up etc etc and also depends on how good is your bargaining skills.

I have came across some shops that says no discount cus the listed price is a controlled item (i.e., they cannot sell below that listed price on brochure) whereas some shops offers 5 - 20% discount of lens.

Just wanting to know if 30 - 40% discount is even possible on lens (or its wishful thinking) and if there is any unspoken rules in this industry on max discounts so as not to spoil market or be scorned by other shops.

I hope this is not a sensitive post that upsets anyone. Just wanting to know as a consumer.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
There is no mark up on retailer side for lenses. Everything is all on the price list.They only give discount from the price list. So some customer will see price list and then figure out how much discount is given. Mark up are usually from lens supplier themselves. Frames cfm got mark up, I mentioned before in the past. If not how to earn right?
If no discount is given on lens, possible that it’s given on the frame instead maybe? If those shops don’t offer you discount on the lenses, not to worry as it’s yours choice if you want to purchase from them or not.

30-40 or even 50 is possible. Family(maybe FOC), relative, extremely close friends? But... I mean it’s one thing to have someone you know in the industry. However depending on the economy, do you really want to ask for so much discount from them haha? We buy from them to support them and their business. But alas, depending on how generous these ppl are.

I go shop A get 20% I walk to shop B only 10%. I say:”eh shop A give 20 leh”.Shop B got 3
option, match it, give slightly abit more,nicely tell me to go shop A. Or last option, win you over with good service and still giving you 10%-15%?

Out of curiosity, is there like a standard discount on lens off their RRP?/listed price? Of course bearing in mind that each shop have their own supplier costs and own margin/marked up etc etc and also depends on how good is your bargaining skills.

I have came across some shops that says no discount cus the listed price is a controlled item (i.e., they cannot sell below that listed price on brochure) whereas some shops offers 5 - 20% discount of lens.

Just wanting to know if 30 - 40% discount is even possible on lens (or its wishful thinking) and if there is any unspoken rules in this industry on max discounts so as not to spoil market or be scorned by other shops.

I hope this is not a sensitive post that upsets anyone. Just wanting to know as a consumer.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Also, it’s just like when you go anywhere else, T-shirt made in China cost 2 dollar, come Singapore, supreme or some other big brand, how come can become so expensive? Sure got mark up somehow. Specs is something we wear Everyday for most of us, so invest abit more on it is fine. T shirt... we don’t wear the same one Everyday too right?
In conclusion, if you feel it’s worth it and the service rendered to you is fine, sometimes paying abit more to support and help sustain your visited practice is nice too. But most shops I know of sure will give discount one.

Last edited:

skull1977

Reaction score
1. 30-40 or even 50 is possible. Family(maybe FOC), relative, extremely close friends? But... I mean it’s one thing to have someone you know in the industry. However depending on the economy, do you really want to ask for so much discount from them haha? We buy from them to support them and their business. But alas, depending on how generous these ppl are.

2. I go shop A get 20% I walk to shop B only 10%. I say:”eh shop A give 20 leh”.Shop B got 3
option, match it, give slightly abit more,nicely tell me to go shop A. Or last option, win you over with good service and still giving you 10%-15%?

Thank you for your reply and info. Especially on 1. I suspected higher discounts was possible (but not sure to what extent) and there are shops that gives 40% on display sets. But yes, I agree that at the end of the day, everyone also needs to make a living, be it buyer or seller. And that is why I wont push for discount if they not happy to give it (i.e., I don't make shops compete with each other. At most what I have done is that if I am particular fond of a shop, I will ask them if they willing to match what I found cheaper. I wont push or force). I prefer that both parties are happy in a transaction, not one where one party felt they got cheated/didnt get the best best price and/or one party felt their profit was too little to give you good service.

As for 2, I believe its pretty common where consumer just "play" one seller with another seller. I do not condone to this behaviour but I will take it as everyone have their valid reasons to do that. Just buy within our means and be reasonable and understanding. For those who dont agree, please dont flame me lol!! I know some may say that smart consumer will do that and I am stupid / not smart. I really am stupid and not smart in many ways but i also believe in karma. What goes around comes around..

Time to continue hunting cheaper frames and lens :)

Last edited:

skull1977

Reaction score
Which brings me to my next questions, which I think are important ones.

1. How important are good optician in each shop (yes, all will be qualified)? I think we really do not know how good those optician who test your eyes are nor can we choose. Like doctors, all are qualified, but there are some who will be better. I just worry some may be juniors or have little experienced for whatever reasons. And of course some shops have been around for a while, thus, these optician may be more experienced (i.e., older).

2. Or is not relevant if they have better equipment to test your eyes? I see some shops can invest in better equipment (looks really sophisticated ones to me) while some shops still uses the "older" equipment since many many years ago. I guess those equipment are really expensive and they cannot continue to keep buying or upgrading, when it still works. Like computers, they are some with the mentality that my old computer can still work, why I need to upgrade / buy new one every year whereas they are some that needs that upgrade to offer better specs and services or makes it easier etc.

Thus, are eye testing equipment important or doesn't matter as long as there is one (be it new / old ones), especially for those using progressive or have more lens customisation / demand.

So yeah, do we go for:
1.) an older shop that is able to give more discounts but may not have the latest equipment or
2.) go for those shops that is able to afford better equipment, thus, charge higher price?

Last edited:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No difference leh. The lens also made in singapore labs. Hoya got lab in sg. Zeiss also have. U think made in japan/germany then shipped over ah? No la..

I prefer to choose lens made in japan (means prescription already done) before shipped over here sg to fit into frame. The accuracy and workmanship will be better than local factories one becos japanese QC better. Can tell from the lens surface and multicoat and clarity of lens etc.

Last edited:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finding a honest optician is most important. Otherwise if lab delivered your lens to your optician got any errors and optician teh gong or dishonest just pass on the defective lens to you then u pay 30% lesser also no point lor. Becos optician knows you cant verify the defects, for example PD off centre or axis off a bit. We consumers can test meh? Unless u take to another optician to verify but i dont recommend doing that because you might not be able to live with your disappointment.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.