HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree531Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2019, 12:56 PM   #5596

So far branded like hoya lens have served me quite well. For unbranded lens, usaully lasted less than a year or even just a few months before the coating starts to go off or scratched. At half the price, i dont think worth it.

Can i have the price list of hoya progressive? I dont even know what is the price range for conparison. Im already above 40 but no lao hua yet. Just preparing cos saw people here advised that lao hua age starts around 38-43.

I have high short sighted and high astig single vision using RX lens. Current lens is 1.67 nulux EP costs $650. Can kind soul share what is the equivalent price for hoya progressive??

By the way i have 7 frames to change all the lenses if i tio lao hua. Having headaches and sleepless nights thinking of the costs now.
Cant say much for other brands but Mvision lens material are either from Tokai or Asahi, Progressive lens design from Optotech or IOT , Lens coating from Optotech.

Quoted from Optotech description:
OptoTech’s customer base includes nearly all manufacturers of precision optics, like Zeiss, Leica, Jenoptik, ASML, Nikon and Samsung.

I wouldn't call Mvision lenses unbranded since they can produce "Zeiss-standard" lenses at wallet friendly prices
Old 31-05-2019, 10:42 PM   #5597
Supremacy Member

Which brand frame is durable comfortable?
Ray ban, A|X, armain exchange, blueberry?

Iím using ray ban and so far so good..
endlssorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #5598
Great Supremacy Member

Oakley lar.. Their o matter super durable.
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:20 PM   #5599

Rayban Italy and Japan frames are pretty good

Look out for "Made in Japan" or "Made in Italy" on the frames
Old 02-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #5600
Master Member

Forgot to ask this earlier - but separately, is there any place where I can donate old specs?
Old 03-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #5601

I recently purchased the Lemtosh TT SE from a local shop here. Was pleasantly surprised with the price. The official Moscot site shows it is for 652 SGD. I paid 650 SGD with for the frames + lenses. This was after a 20% discount on both the frames and lenses. Don't know how they can price it so low. Not unbranded lenses either, it was Hoya and my degree is pretty high.

Link to the frames : https://moscot.com/products/lemtosh-tt-se (I got the crystal/gold option)
TheSacredSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:19 PM   #5602
Master Member

I recently purchased the Lemtosh TT SE from a local shop here. Was pleasantly surprised with the price. The official Moscot site shows it is for 652 SGD. I paid 650 SGD with for the frames + lenses. This was after a 20% discount on both the frames and lenses. Don't know how they can price it so low. Not unbranded lenses either, it was Hoya and my degree is pretty high.

Link to the frames : https://moscot.com/products/lemtosh-tt-se (I got the crystal/gold option)
Very nice choice! And great that you got such a good discount on the overall damage.
the website price is in EUROS right?
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #5603

Very nice choice! And great that you got such a good discount on the overall damage.
the website price is in EUROS right?
It shows up as "652 SGD" for me on the website... How much is it in Euros?
Old 03-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #5604
Master Member

It shows up as "652 SGD" for me on the website... How much is it in Euros?
probably 300 plus if in euros. But whichever the case, i think its a very nice frame and if it's that colour(transparent/clear frame) , its trending now.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:42 PM   #5605

probably 300 plus if in euros. But whichever the case, i think its a very nice frame and if it's that colour(transparent/clear frame) , its trending now.
Yea my previous frames were Oliver Peoples and those frames are so common these days, especially with Owndays having their own copy. But clear frames seem to be the new thing now and Owndays have something very similar to the clear Lemtosh themselves. Complete with the gold inlay. For a fraction of the price. But I've always wanted a Lemtosh and when I saw this special edition, I knew I had to have it. Just happy I managed to save a significant amount.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:46 PM   #5606
Master Member

It’s quality product you got , so it’s good that you are happy with your purchase anyway.
Gxgx!

Yea my previous frames were Oliver Peoples and those frames are so common these days, especially with Owndays having their own copy. But clear frames seem to be the new thing now and Owndays have something very similar to the clear Lemtosh themselves. Complete with the gold inlay. For a fraction of the price. But I've always wanted a Lemtosh and when I saw this special edition, I knew I had to have it. Just happy I managed to safe a significant amount.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:49 PM   #5607

Itís quality product you got , so itís good that you are happy with your purchase anyway.
Gxgx!
Thanks! Can't wait to receive it at the end of the week
Old 03-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #5608
Master Member

After much procrastination.. finally got my replacement glasses.

As I read a lot of documents (and am starting to see less clearly nearfield), was offered the Zeiss Digital Lens. Looks promising as I could see a clear difference during manual refraction.

Unfortunately this doesn't come in Superb lens options, but I didn't find much of a difference anyway. Let's see...
Old 03-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #5609
High Supremacy Member

haha..i also got digital lens.

but still have the bad habit of trying to peep above the specs when trying read close..

even there is no need to
skytan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:22 PM   #5610
Master Member

haha..i also got digital lens.

but still have the bad habit of trying to peep above the specs when trying read close..

even there is no need to
Congrats...
subsequently you will realise it's convenience. And even though people don't feel it, digital lenses relieve eyestrains from our daily close work...
thegardens3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.