The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

pricklepantz

Reaction score
hi hi .. i'm 34 now

it's a private doctor referred by a friend. I not familiar with those terms (IOP, Humphrey..) but the nurse did that shooting air to my eyes to measure the pressure (it's 26-28 so it's on the higher side)

i guess my eyes are easily strained whenever i stay too long on mobile like scrolling shopee shops :(...

think right now i too focus thinking that changing specs will ease my eyes. i should understand first which lens is suitable for such condition

Hi, a few qns to check

Which doctor did you go to and where?

Blue light only causes digital eye strain, not cataract , glaucoma or Macula degeneration.

What is yours age right now?
Or age range.

Crizal, zeiss and essilor have their own entry level lenses. Every brand no matter how basic also have their premium level, even owndays have too.

How do they monitor your IOP?
Just using NCT( non contact tonometry air puff test? Any Humphrey visual field test? I-care tonometer? Or anterior segment check to check your anterior chamber angle?). What are their rates? (I am only asking to see if there’s any cheaper alternative out there).

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Iop=intra-ocular pressure.
Does any of your family member have history of glaucoma?
Did they check your cornea thickness too?
Did they take a picture of your eyes e.g. retina imaging or do any scan of your inner eye layer aka retina, optic disc layer and all too?(Very impt to know).

And private doctor as in doctor doctor? Or ophthalmologist doctor?

Eyes strain when scrolling is possible, but such usage doesn’t cause glaucoma or so. At the very most you need a basic antifatigue lenses will do.
Zeiss EnergizeMe, hoya sync 3 or essilor eyezen should work fine.

hi hi .. i'm 34 now

it's a private doctor referred by a friend. I not familiar with those terms (IOP, Humphrey..) but the nurse did that shooting air to my eyes to measure the pressure (it's 26-28 so it's on the higher side)

i guess my eyes are easily strained whenever i stay too long on mobile like scrolling shopee shops :(...

think right now i too focus thinking that changing specs will ease my eyes. i should understand first which lens is suitable for such condition

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried transition lens from Owndays? Do you find the lens turning dark slower and after a year, doesn’t seem to really turn dark anymore.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried transition lens from Owndays? Do you find the lens turning dark slower and after a year, doesn’t seem to really turn dark anymore.

All transition lens will lose effect after some period.

Those unknown/house brand lens quality definitely pale in comparison to branded one

Last time i always go for cheap lens, thought its ok to change new lens in a year..till i realised paying 50% more for branded lens is more cost effective. Their coating last way longer and tougher.

Last edited:

onizuka3

Reaction score
Hey,

Iop=intra-ocular pressure.
Does any of your family member have history of glaucoma?
Did they check your cornea thickness too?
Did they take a picture of your eyes e.g. retina imaging or do any scan of your inner eye layer aka retina, optic disc layer and all too?(Very impt to know).

And private doctor as in doctor doctor? Or ophthalmologist doctor?

Eyes strain when scrolling is possible, but such usage doesn’t cause glaucoma or so. At the very most you need a basic antifatigue lenses will do.
Zeiss EnergizeMe, hoya sync 3 or essilor eyezen should work fine.
what's the difference between anti-fatigue and blue light lenses?

dEv_

Reaction score
Just want to give a quick shout out to Bro Gangsterkia for his incredible help via PM. He is a great professional and a wonderful contributor here. Honored to have him.

second that. thank you for the help, Gangsterkia.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Anti-fatigue is a lens design that works in a way similar to a progressive whereby top segment is for distance and the power will slowly reduce towards the bottom of the lenses.
These power reduction helps you to relax your eye muscles. Antifatigue lenses comes together with blue lighter filter lenses.

Blue light filter lenses on the other hand, is a coating rather than a lens design or lens type.
These coating helps to filter out about 20-30% of blue lighter. Generally it filters out 20-30% and not 100 as our body requires blue light to function too e.g. body clock and more.

There are two types of blue light filter lenses in the market. Blue light reflect and blue light absorb.
Reflect will give the bluish/purplish appearance on the lenses and when you look through them, it will be slightly yellowish, blue light absorb on the other hand, is not so yellowish(good for individuals who do not want to have their colour perception to be too saturated). I am personally using blue reflect as I like the yellowish hue which helps to reduce glare from my electronic devices.

Hope this helps.

what's the difference between anti-fatigue and blue light lenses?

onizuka3

Reaction score
Anti-fatigue is a lens design that works in a way similar to a progressive whereby top segment is for distance and the power will slowly reduce towards the bottom of the lenses.
These power reduction helps you to relax your eye muscles. Antifatigue lenses comes together with blue lighter filter lenses.

Blue light filter lenses on the other hand, is a coating rather than a lens design or lens type.
These coating helps to filter out about 20-30% of blue lighter. Generally it filters out 20-30% and not 100 as our body requires blue light to function too e.g. body clock and more.

There are two types of blue light filter lenses in the market. Blue light reflect and blue light absorb.
Reflect will give the bluish/purplish appearance on the lenses and when you look through them, it will be slightly yellowish, blue light absorb on the other hand, is not so yellowish(good for individuals who do not want to have their colour perception to be too saturated). I am personally using blue reflect as I like the yellowish hue which helps to reduce glare from my electronic devices.

Hope this helps.
what's the cost for anti-fatigue lenses?

let's say if I drive and use the computer a lot during work, anti-fatigue lenses will be best for me?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
what is digital lenses vs blue light lenses?

at most just get 1 more pair :o

Digital lenses a.k.a anti fatigue lenses are explained at post 7507. scroll down slightly and you will see it too.

i think you can just wear your new current one first, and if its giving you strain when looking at near then consider making digital/anti fatigue.

onizuka3

Reaction score
Digital lenses a.k.a anti fatigue lenses are explained at post 7507. scroll down slightly and you will see it too.

i think you can just wear your new current one first, and if its giving you strain when looking at near then consider making digital/anti fatigue.
let's see how the new one gonna

think it's being a long while since i wear 1.6, being on 1.67 for donkey years ...

drivers

Reaction score
I'll be making my first pair of progressive lense. I heard about this new technology called Sync III and it will have lower discomfort compared to progressive.

I have short sightedness around 280 degree per eye.
I remember I went to a shop to enquire the auntie keep phycho me to use their house brand. "Japan design but local made" she said. I rolled my eyes...

Any recommendation for lenses that are ok but better than house brand?
Anyone can advise a good shop and optician to help me.

Thank you.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
I'll be making my first pair of progressive lense. I heard about this new technology called Sync III and it will have lower discomfort compared to progressive.

I have short sightedness around 280 degree per eye.
I remember I went to a shop to enquire the auntie keep phycho me to use their house brand. "Japan design but local made" she said. I rolled my eyes...

Any recommendation for lenses that are ok but better than house brand?
Anyone can advise a good shop and optician to help me.

Thank you.

Sync 3 is not really a progressive lens. it is an anti fatigue/digital lens sort of . midway between normal single vision lenses and progressives.
which area are you looking at?

drivers

Reaction score
Sync 3 is not really a progressive lens. it is an anti fatigue/digital lens sort of . midway between normal single vision lenses and progressives.
which area are you looking at?

Oh i thought Sync III is more advance than progressive lens offering more comfort...lol.
Im looking for progressive as for near reading my vision blur already as age is catching up.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh i thought Sync III is more advance than progressive lens offering more comfort...lol.
Im looking for progressive as for near reading my vision blur already as age is catching up.

now you know!
i mean which area are you situated at. so we know where to recommend.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.