HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree479Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2019, 07:30 AM   #5791
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys! Iím looking to change my lens on my glasses. Any places to recommend? Kept reading that going to JB is cheaper.

Whatís the price right now for Hoya transition + blue filter and just blue filter lens?
shawn_sboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #5792

I believe this is something new even to me!

''big boys'' May/may not need to come out with something like this as their progressives/digital/anti-fatigue are serving the population well though they might in future.

I will end my piece over here by reiterating my point to all the forumners here.

There are many lenses in the market, claiming to be better/best of all at different cost. But do your due research or if not ask your optometrist/optician that you trust, to recommend you a lens that fits your need and not something which is too overkill.
Sometimes there will be BOMbastic terms are thrown at you so as to impress you and we will be like... Errrr ok la since sounds so good then take and easily causing you splurge on more than you need. Do take note of such instances and always reject if you feel that it(the lens) is too overkill. A trusted Practitioner will always recommend you what is needed and not what is better for their sales pocket.
Also there will always be a certain magician performing some tricks, to show you some gimmicky tool but in the end, all road(or in this case all lens) leads to Rome. It does the job but again, does it fulfill your needs in your workplace/job.

After these few days, i hope to let you guys know, i am just a worker not a boss. Here to prevent others from getting chop carrot. Don't have to visit my workplace but i can always recommend you places that are closer to your area of convenience. I have absolutely no commission promoting or talking about any brands too.

Cheers and thanks Eyezone for sharing.
Thanks for doing what you are doing!
shenjingbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:13 PM   #5793
Master Member

What is your prescription like? Any rough idea?

Hi guys! I’m looking to change my lens on my glasses. Any places to recommend? Kept reading that going to JB is cheaper.

What’s the price right now for Hoya transition + blue filter and just blue filter lens?
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:56 AM   #5794
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is your prescription like? Any rough idea?
My prescription is both side -1.00, Right Eye Cylinder (CYL) +0.50.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:44 AM   #5795
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys! Iím looking to change my lens on my glasses. Any places to recommend? Kept reading that going to JB is cheaper.

Whatís the price right now for Hoya transition + blue filter and just blue filter lens?
Go Q10 search for Eyecon optics. U can buy their normal lenses.. I been using it for 2 years and I like the coating and it still no scratches. U can top up for branded lenses too.. The price would still be much cheaper then outside shops. The price for normal lense is less then 20. That is u get their frames. If u bring own frame there is an edging fee. Think is $15.

Last edited by Nakedtoes; 06-07-2019 at 09:47 AM..
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #5796
Arch-Supremacy Member

Go Q10 search for Eyecon optics. U can buy their normal lenses.. I been using it for 2 years and I like the coating and it still no scratches. U can top up for branded lenses too.. The price would still be much cheaper then outside shops. The price for normal lense is less then 20. That is u get their frames. If u bring own frame there is an edging fee. Think is $15.
Hey thanks so much! Awesome recommendation cheers
Old 06-07-2019, 08:56 PM   #5797

Anyone uses Zeiss energizeme digital lens? I got mine for less than 1 week and I noticed when I lift up my specs and see from bottom of lens, itís clearer

But I remembered the bottom has a reduced sph of 65. So Iím surprised that I see things clearer when viewing from bottom of lens.

Anyone has any opinion or experience??
ahger_2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:11 PM   #5798
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bought at Taeng not bad. Gave quite a bit of discount on lenses. Most lenses he offered.
tortoise18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:32 PM   #5799
Arch-Supremacy Member

Home use mostly for watching tv phone use. What lenses are good
tortoise18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:25 AM   #5800
Master Member

Have you went back to double check with your practitioner for adjustments?
Lifting to see bottom of the lens at distance clearer? Or towards intermediate?

Anyone uses Zeiss energizeme digital lens? I got mine for less than 1 week and I noticed when I lift up my specs and see from bottom of lens, it’s clearer

But I remembered the bottom has a reduced sph of 65. So I’m surprised that I see things clearer when viewing from bottom of lens.

Anyone has any opinion or experience??
Old 07-07-2019, 12:36 AM   #5801
Supremacy Member

Bought at Taeng not bad. Gave quite a bit of discount on lenses. Most lenses he offered.

I'm about to go there make lens too, his price quite good

Posted from PCWX using FCS, Asia No.1 Pro Trader (FCS是,大中华,香港,日本, 南韩投资行业的赫赫知名人物! )

Last edited by Taro Pie; 07-07-2019 at 12:53 AM..
Taro Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:56 AM   #5802
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm about to go there make lens too, his price quite good

Posted from PCWX using FCS, Asia No.1 Pro Trader (FCS是,大中华,香港,日本, 南韩投资行业的赫赫知名人物! )
His price compared to Eyecon are they similar? Thanks!
Old 07-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #5803

Have you went back to double check with your practitioner for adjustments?
Lifting to see bottom of the lens at distance clearer? Or towards intermediate?
Haven went back to optical shop yet cuz busy sia.. I collected on Thursday only. And I only notice the diff when looking at presentation slides..

Top part is most blur, middle part less blur, bottom is crystal clear.. and I notice itís more obvious (in terms of diff) on left eye..
Old 07-07-2019, 12:45 PM   #5804
Master Member

My suggestion is to go back to inform them so they can make the necessary changes if needed.

Haven went back to optical shop yet cuz busy sia.. I collected on Thursday only. And I only notice the diff when looking at presentation slides..

Top part is most blur, middle part less blur, bottom is crystal clear.. and I notice it’s more obvious (in terms of diff) on left eye..
Old 07-07-2019, 01:00 PM   #5805

Is there a deadline to go back?
Like 3 days or 7 days? Cuz the earliest I can go back is next Saturday sia
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.