The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
May I check how do one tell if the astigmatism degree was given correctly? For vision degree can tell fr blur to clear, what about astig?

Hi,

This is a little hard to answer. Vision blurry could be due to a variety of reasons e.g. Degree, Positioning of glasses, Pupillary distance etc... and of course maybe astigmatism.

Are you having trouble with your current glasses?

Ping Ann

Reaction score
Hi,

This is a little hard to answer. Vision blurry could be due to a variety of reasons e.g. Degree, Positioning of glasses, Pupillary distance etc... and of course maybe astigmatism.

Are you having trouble with your current glasses?
I find my new spec a little too bright. Hence was wondering could it be the astig given wrongly?

iamgaara

Reaction score
I was quoted 412 for Hoya Sync 3, with free blue control coating. Index is 1.67. 550R 750L with astig. Is that reasonable?

dgeralds

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Planning to mount progressive lens (I supply frame) and was quoted $250 inclusive of testing of eyes . Is it a reasonable price? The details are as follows:

R-1.00/-0.25 x 125
L-1.00/-0.25 X 80

Add +2.50 DS

1.5 MATRIX, TRANSITION

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh....like I mentioned, it’s a reasonable . But there’s a free upgrade promo going on. Maybe you can ask, but if they don’t have that promo then it’s fine.

No free upgrade leh... just free blue coating. The retail price is 490 for 1.67.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Hoya EA.... I haven heard of it before. Is it new?
Longchamp frames are usually 200ish. So the lens 1.67 about 70-80?

Wow where you getting it from? It is a steal if it’s hoya lenses.

Hi all.

Is a Longchamp frame with Hoya EA 1.67 @ $272 worth? :o

Kingjiji

Reaction score
Hi there,

Hoya EA.... I haven heard of it before. Is it new?
Longchamp frames are usually 200ish. So the lens 1.67 about 70-80?

Wow where you getting it from? It is a steal if it’s hoya lenses.

Wow I didn't know 1.67 lenses were 70-80, don't mind me asking but how much would it be if it were Zeiss lenses.

Yeah I couldn't find any info on Hoya EA, but the person did say it was the entry level lenses from Hoya with blue protection, I'm being offered this by Paris Miki.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I mean. I was answering to your qns. You said Longchamp and Hoya EA 200+ right? Even if it is Pentax 1.67 which is their entry level lens, also not so cheap. So it’s really very cheap.

Wow I didn't know 1.67 lenses were 70-80, don't mind me asking but how much would it be if it were Zeiss lenses.

Yeah I couldn't find any info on Hoya EA, but the person did say it was the entry level lenses from Hoya with blue protection, I'm being offered this by Paris Miki.

iamgaara

Reaction score
Oh....like I mentioned, it’s a reasonable . But there’s a free upgrade promo going on. Maybe you can ask, but if they don’t have that promo then it’s fine.

Thanks for the advice. I will check with the shop.

For frames, is Oakley or Charmant frames better? Both a titanium at slightly over $200.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
If it’s Oakley I like their limit switch series. Or else charmant would take the cake.

Thanks for the advice. I will check with the shop.

For frames, is Oakley or Charmant frames better? Both a titanium at slightly over $200.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.