The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Attila

Reaction score
anyone can advise where to get the cheapest oakley spec? looking for metalink

Last edited:

Alexetto72

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to this thread and would like a little clarification.
I’m wearing progressive glasses with an addition of 1.5. and heard about digital lenses from Zeiss (up to 1,25 add) and Hoya sync (1.32)
Do you think I can consider these lenses for more comfort ?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, that would not be advisable. The addition power is to help you read better. If you go 1 step lower, you will realise that your reading would not be as clear as before, prompting you to either raise your glasses higher or removing your specs to read.

Digital lens/antifatigue are good for early presbyopes. Meaning +0.50——-+1.25

Hi
I am new to this thread and would like a little clarification.
I’m wearing progressive glasses with an addition of 1.5. and heard about digital lenses from Zeiss (up to 1,25 add) and Hoya sync (1.32)
Do you think I can consider these lenses for more comfort ?

Alexetto72

Reaction score
Hi, that would not be advisable. The addition power is to help you read better. If you go 1 step lower, you will realise that your reading would not be as clear as before, prompting you to either raise your glasses higher or removing your specs to read.

Digital lens/antifatigue are good for early presbyopes. Meaning +0.50——-+1.25

Thank you for your answer
Pity. I tought there isn’t big difference between 1,32 and 1,5 and it was compensated by the larger corridor of the digital lenses

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh, even a slight +0.25 makes a difference. Certain individuals can even feel a +0.12 difference albeit not too common. But you will likely feel the difference if you drop the reading add.

Thank you for your answer
Pity. I tought there isn’t big difference between 1,32 and 1,5 and it was compensated by the larger corridor of the digital lenses

Ping Ann

Reaction score
Hi there, I need recommendation for optic shops with experience, good & patience optometrist.

Thank you in advance!

eliteguardiangi

Reaction score
Hello. I am unable to find spreadsheet or detailed information on spectacles. Can someone help me see which lenses is better at blocking blue light and better for using to face monitor and phone?

Apollo 1.74 SV Blue Shade UV420 HMC
Kwang Meng 1.67 Bluvisor HMC Stock

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Good morning, blue light blocking lenses generally blocks 20-30% of blue light.

There isn’t really a better or worst, only blue light absorb or reflect. Reflect will be more yellowish and absorb clearer. But this yellowish hue is usually to help reduce glare from electronic devices. You want better lenses, it’s more on the quality of the multicoat e.g. zeiss, Hoya, essilor.

Hello. I am unable to find spreadsheet or detailed information on spectacles. Can someone help me see which lenses is better at blocking blue light and better for using to face monitor and phone?

Apollo 1.74 SV Blue Shade UV420 HMC
Kwang Meng 1.67 Bluvisor HMC Stock

Kaltong

Reaction score
I went back to my neighborhood shop last Sat, as they quoted me $790, less S50 from the 1st quote. And, the lens will be upgraded to the next tier.

Oh ok thanks. Means you got free upgrade to hoya mystyle profile for $850?

Jay9999

Reaction score
Any place to recommend to get IC Berlin spectacles at great price, shop or online?

Was looking at their Kerstin G range.

mambofever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks!! wore specs my whole life, only focused on cheap ones with "discount". sometimes getting ray bans, oakleys etc at $300 (including lenses). Didn't know so many unique ones to explore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.