HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree476Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #5941
Master Member

The difference is the quality/clarity and extra measurements needed for the higher tiers.
I.scription is more customised whereby even night vision test will be taken into account and a special machine iprofiler(zeiss) have to be used in order to obtain the data for the lenses and thus will cost more.
Scratch resistance and all will apply but no such thing as scratch proof.

Thanks for the infor it help alot.

I won't go for the transition or anything as my frame is those clip on style

Also won't go for blue protect as the lens will affect the colour I see, I need is those very clear lens ..

Sorry got a few more questions,

What about the different type they offer ??
Single Vision AS, Single Vision Superb , single Vision Individual

Also what is this i.Scription??

And does the lens come with all those scratch dust resistance coating??

And also roughly how much the price will be??
Sorry ar first time change a better lens so I have alot nub question..
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2019, 11:16 PM   #5942
Master Member

Hi everyone! Currently looking for a new pair of specs similar to http://www.fournines.co.jp/en/products/detail240.html

Saw this at the four nines boutique store but find it really out of my budget, does anyone have something similar to recommend? Thanks!
holychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:25 AM   #5943

Yup I know there nothing is scratch proof.

For I.scription isit any shop also can do ?? Or got specific store can do??

And with and without the I.cription price will have alot diff??

Gangsterkia thanks for the help alot .. really appreciate it

The difference is the quality/clarity and extra measurements needed for the higher tiers.
I.scription is more customised whereby even night vision test will be taken into account and a special machine iprofiler(zeiss) have to be used in order to obtain the data for the lenses and thus will cost more.
Scratch resistance and all will apply but no such thing as scratch proof.
xii4oboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #5944

Asahi UV3G block blue light looks good

I tested the Asahi UV3G yesterday, and looks good compare to mine.
Not sure is it necessary to block all the blue light or how much blue light will enter our eyes ?

BTW. @EyezoneOpticalSG any further discount for hardwarezone users? please PM me if have. Thanks
cmos196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:54 AM   #5945
Master Member

I believe Iscription will cost about 1-200 more. Somewhere along there as I do not have an iprofiler. I believe you can such online. Kj optometrists at plaza sing has. You can give them a call to find out more.

Yup I know there nothing is scratch proof.

For I.scription isit any shop also can do ?? Or got specific store can do??

And with and without the I.cription price will have alot diff??

Gangsterkia thanks for the help alot .. really appreciate it
Old 01-08-2019, 12:17 PM   #5946

I tested the Asahi UV3G yesterday, and looks good compare to mine.
Not sure is it necessary to block all the blue light or how much blue light will enter our eyes ?

BTW. @EyezoneOpticalSG any further discount for hardwarezone users? please PM me if have. Thanks
Hi bro, Asahi UV3G doesn't block out all blue light.

These lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm)

We price our items reasonably as all our 5 stores are in HDB area.
Friendly HDB prices 🤭

Last edited by EyezoneOpticalSG; 01-08-2019 at 12:19 PM..
EyezoneOpticalSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #5947

Thanks for the infor..

I think I will give down and have a look at there shop.

Btw mind pm mi ur shop, cause my gf also wan make a new spec but she only need nice design de.

I believe Iscription will cost about 1-200 more. Somewhere along there as I do not have an iprofiler. I believe you can such online. Kj optometrists at plaza sing has. You can give them a call to find out more.
xii4oboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #5948
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone wearings specs from Foptics or Lenskart SG? Are they any good as their prices are lower than the usual optician shops.

Want to change my Owndays glasses as I suspect my degree has gone up
AshleyRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #5949
Supremacy Member

Anyone wearings specs from Foptics or Lenskart SG? Are they any good as their prices are lower than the usual optician shops.

Want to change my Owndays glasses as I suspect my degree has gone up
I'm wearing foptics, $35.90 all in. frame not the expensive type. wearing since March 2019

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:54 AM   #5950
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm wearing foptics, $35.90 all in. frame not the expensive type. wearing since March 2019

Is it diff from usual shops specs?!? and what's the quality of the specs like?
AshleyRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #5951
Master Member

35.90 frame and lens all in??
Didnt know now the market is like that
Good?

Im looking for glasses with magnetic shade snap on. So far saw there are

Ownsday
EyezoneOpticalSG
Foptics

Any others? Thanks

Last edited by assiak71; 02-08-2019 at 12:18 PM..
assiak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:36 PM   #5952

Yeah, pretty decent. Sometimes, if the lenses are still in good condition, can find a frame of similar design to try to fit the lenses in to salvage the lenses.
I wouldn't say attract dust... All stuff will have dust on it.. Kind of inevitable. If you are happy with prevencia can stick with it. If not can upgrade to other brands e.g zeiss/hoya blue protect/control
using back lenses possible but a lot of time the focal point will still be off which makes the vision blurry.

I had done it before so I know.

Now I made a new pair with expensive lenses and I had a spare brand new exact pair of eyeglasses for backup which I bought at discounted promo 40% off.
hereiam7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #5953

Hi Xii4oboii,

You could visit japansabae-glasses.com or google with keywords zazen, glasses, sabae, japan and find the online shop producing what you are looking for from the same city which is Sabae city in Japan. Sabae city produces 97% of all eyewear in Japan.

I am a Singaporean living in Sabae city for 13 years and my japanese wife`s family operates the online store and they have factories in Sabae. You could read the story on the 105 years of eyewear production at the website. Celluloid is more shiny than acetate and does not change shape as easily as acetate (therefore preferred professional guitar picks are made from celluloid). It seems that only Sabae city could produce celluloid eyewear now and first titanium eyewear was first invented in Sabae.

The price is good as well because direct factory price.

This is my first post here and does not have enough posts to post image or url...

Sorry that I am inexperienced at this forum.
eyewearsabae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #5954
Master Member

That’s cool that we have more options now! Keep up the posting and help the community here.
Cheers!

Hi Xii4oboii,

You could visit japansabae-glasses.com or google with keywords zazen, glasses, sabae, japan and find the online shop producing what you are looking for from the same city which is Sabae city in Japan. Sabae city produces 97% of all eyewear in Japan.

I am a Singaporean living in Sabae city for 13 years and my japanese wife`s family operates the online store and they have factories in Sabae. You could read the story on the 105 years of eyewear production at the website. Celluloid is more shiny than acetate and does not change shape as easily as acetate (therefore preferred professional guitar picks are made from celluloid). It seems that only Sabae city could produce celluloid eyewear now and first titanium eyewear was first invented in Sabae.

The price is good as well because direct factory price.

This is my first post here and does not have enough posts to post image or url...

Sorry that I am inexperienced at this forum.
eyewearsabae likes this.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #5955
Supremacy Member

Is it diff from usual shops specs?!? and what's the quality of the specs like?
the lens is green

joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.