HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree479Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #6061

Hi looking for another alternative to Zeiss Precision Plus as need to make a pair of progressive as current need to change, any recommendation, prefer to be ard $600 or less, need the following (on tight budget)

- Transitions
- Blue control
- Frame include if possible

Hi bro, what's your degree like?

Look out for 4k Varios Premium Transition Nano Blue by Mvision.
Performance is similar to Zeiss ID 2 but much more affordable. If degree is not too high, a 1.50 index version with transition would be within your budget.

Last edited by EyezoneOpticalSG; 15-09-2019 at 11:11 AM..
EyezoneOpticalSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2019, 11:04 AM   #6062

My Varilux Physio 3 progressive is super discomfort. Desk bound is merely acceptable but outdoor is terrible especially night vision is blurry.
What other options could I get for good outdoor and night vision with progressive lenses?
Hi bro,

I suggest doing a full check on your eyes to determine the cause of issues you're facing, then decide on the lens to best suit your eyes.

Free Progressive lens troubleshooting
Old 15-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #6063

Hi Bro, my degree is ard 400-500, normally i take 1.60, so what the quote like, and how is mvision compare to Hoya summit FD?
leongheng70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2019, 10:54 PM   #6064
High Supremacy Member

hmmm just got a new frame, need get lens now
thinking of heading back to kwong shin for my usual zeiss + transition + blue light + duravision platinum

any better/cheaper alternative?
my current 1 is 4yrs old and alot of scratches...buay tahan liao
Old 16-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #6065

Hi Bro, my degree is ard 400-500, normally i take 1.60, so what the quote like, and how is mvision compare to Hoya summit FD?
Hi bro,

4k Varios Premium design is equivalent to Hoya ID. PMed you the quote for 4k Varios Premium 1.60 Transition Nano Blue

Last edited by EyezoneOpticalSG; 16-09-2019 at 11:49 AM..
EyezoneOpticalSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 11:48 AM   #6066

hmmm just got a new frame, need get lens now
thinking of heading back to kwong shin for my usual zeiss + transition + blue light + duravision platinum

any better/cheaper alternative?
my current 1 is 4yrs old and alot of scratches...buay tahan liao
Hi bro,

ZEISS DuraVision BlueProtect is a Blue reflect lens. These blocks up to 30% across whole blue spectrum (~400-500nm)

If you want lenses with more protection, ask for Asahi Lite UV3G SunFilter.
These lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm)

disclaimer: straight lines are drawn to make it easier for me to draw :X Actual lines are not as straight as what is illustrated

Asahi Lite UV3G SunFilter turns dark under the sun, absorbs 94% HEV(Blue) light, has super hydrophobic coat. Kwong Shin should have these lenses too. Ask them for this while you're there.
Old 16-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #6067
High Supremacy Member

Hi bro,

ZEISS DuraVision BlueProtect is a Blue reflect lens. These blocks up to 30% across whole blue spectrum (~400-500nm)
[img]https://i.ibb.co/JvYCSrH/blue-reflect.png[/ig]

If you want lenses with more protection, ask for Asahi Lite UV3G SunFilter.
These lenses block up to 94% of the high energy waves(up to 420nm), while letting the rest of beneficial blue light in.(~420-500nm)
[img]https://i.ibb.co/fNzLB1g/Blue-Absorb.png[/mg]
disclaimer: straight lines are drawn to make it easier for me to draw :X Actual lines are not as straight as what is illustrated

Asahi Lite UV3G SunFilter turns dark under the sun, absorbs 94% HEV(Blue) light, has super hydrophobic coat. Kwong Shin should have these lenses too. Ask them for this while you're there.
mmm interesting, will ask for quote for both when i go down later tonight
my current zeiss is using duravision platinum + blue protect + transition
use too much comp + eye can't open in the sun...so die die need this 2 combi
EyezoneOpticalSG likes this.

Last edited by koicafex; 16-09-2019 at 02:17 PM..
koicafex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #6068

Hi bro,

I suggest doing a full check on your eyes to determine the cause of issues you're facing, then decide on the lens to best suit your eyes.

Free Progressive lens troubleshooting
Thanks for your recommendation, I would find time to pay you a visit.
EyezoneOpticalSG likes this.
4D.TOTO&BS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 09:39 PM   #6069

Can anyone advise?

My specs come with clip ons. I want to change the colour of the clip on lens from black to brown gradient. Donít need degree (since my specs already covers that).

Any recommendations? Iím hoping to get flat as opposed to curved lenses. Thanks.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 02:23 PM   #6070

Hey guys, I am looking to get a pair of Lindberg frames after getting my eyes checked recently and realised I definitely need new glasses. Tried some on and got poisoned (especially coming from Oliver People's frames). Any place that you guys recommend to get it from? The place I went to was Videre, they were not willing to discount the frames, so its literally RRP. Their service was good though. Looking for a better deal.

Also, both my eyes are 650 degrees-ish each side, with astig. Does Lindberg frames allow the highest index lens to be used? I read online that it might be too fragile if 1.74 index lens is used.

Let me know your thoughts and would really be grateful for your recommendation on where to get a pair.
mrdnarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 02:30 PM   #6071
Master Member

Hey guys, I am looking to get a pair of Lindberg frames after getting my eyes checked recently and realised I definitely need new glasses. Tried some on and got poisoned (especially coming from Oliver People's frames). Any place that you guys recommend to get it from? The place I went to was Videre, they were not willing to discount the frames, so its literally RRP. Their service was good though. Looking for a better deal.

Also, both my eyes are 650 degrees-ish each side, with astig. Does Lindberg frames allow the highest index lens to be used? I read online that it might be too fragile if 1.74 index lens is used.

Let me know your thoughts and would really be grateful for your recommendation on where to get a pair.
Depending on which Series of lindberg you are getting. N.O.W, Strip titanium, MOF, Spirit might not be suitable for 1.74. If you are getting Acetanium/Buffalo Horn/Rim is still fine for 1.74.
Give Jamco A try, they have the widest collection of lindbergs and have really good prices on frame and lenses.

Cheers!
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 08:17 PM   #6072
Supremacy Member

Anyone used ray ban lens?
Was quote $260 for it siaz

The lens itself will engrave ďray ban ď on it
endlssorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #6073

Anyone used ray ban lens?
Was quote $260 for it siaz

The lens itself will engrave ďray ban ď on it
I almost went for it few months back, Sales staff also told me it wonít be smudged easily . But didnít get due to the high cost eventually. Not sure if itís really that good. Anyone can share experience?
tpmmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #6074
Supremacy Member

I almost went for it few months back, Sales staff also told me it wonít be smudged easily . But didnít get due to the high cost eventually. Not sure if itís really that good. Anyone can share experience?
I didnít get coz the cso say they donít have transition lens.
So my mind thinking just that maybe RB just started this product
endlssorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 03:59 PM   #6075

I didnít get coz the cso say they donít have transition lens.
So my mind thinking just that maybe RB just started this product
Hmm Luxottica & Essilor merged. So technically Essilor can do those lenses for Luxottica
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.