HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree479Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2019, 08:55 PM   #6076

Hi GANGSTERKIA, mind Pm me your shop location? Would like to check out your shop and my location is at west. I don't mind travelling.

My recent activity has been working a lot on programming. This has caused my eyes to have strain, and feeling groggy at the end of the day after I finished work.
tehbing540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #6077

Depending on which Series of lindberg you are getting. N.O.W, Strip titanium, MOF, Spirit might not be suitable for 1.74. If you are getting Acetanium/Buffalo Horn/Rim is still fine for 1.74.
Give Jamco A try, they have the widest collection of lindbergs and have really good prices on frame and lenses.

Cheers!
My apologies, didnt tagged you in the post.
Old 19-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #6078
Master Member

Hi no problem! Unfortunately I won’t be sharing my workplace location for personal reasons but I can recommend you some places which will be able to help!

You can drop by jamco at Katong shopping center. Really experienced optometrists and opticians and they have a wide selection of frames. Lindberg too if you need help on those.

They will be able to solve your spectacle/eye issues. Otherwise let me know if there’s a certain area you prefer and I can try to recommend you a place nearby!

Hi GANGSTERKIA, mind Pm me your shop location? Would like to check out your shop and my location is at west. I don't mind travelling.

My recent activity has been working a lot on programming. This has caused my eyes to have strain, and feeling groggy at the end of the day after I finished work.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 12:12 AM   #6079

Hi no problem! Unfortunately I wonít be sharing my workplace location for personal reasons but I can recommend you some places which will be able to help!

You can drop by jamco at Katong shopping center. Really experienced optometrists and opticians and they have a wide selection of frames. Lindberg too if you need help on those.

They will be able to solve your spectacle/eye issues. Otherwise let me know if thereís a certain area you prefer and I can try to recommend you a place nearby!

Oh. Im hoping there will be a wide variety of brands that are cool and trendy. Most importantly kind of solve my eye fatigue issues, so that i could work comfortably.
My budget is about 400-500. I reside at west side. Anyone who can throw me tips. Im open to listen. Cheers!
Old 20-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #6080
Master Member

There are over there! Good luck in finding them! Or also you can look towards Mr eyewear at West Mall.

Oh. Im hoping there will be a wide variety of brands that are cool and trendy. Most importantly kind of solve my eye fatigue issues, so that i could work comfortably.
My budget is about 400-500. I reside at west side. Anyone who can throw me tips. Im open to listen. Cheers!
Old 20-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #6081

There's couple of reasons why there's an eye fatigue. Could be degree/eye muscles/current glasses not fitted properly. Best to get an experience Optometrist/Optician to check it out.

Tip: Some Lens companies are really good at marketing but their actual products fail to live up to expectation. 🤭

Last edited by EyezoneOpticalSG; 20-09-2019 at 01:58 PM..
EyezoneOpticalSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 04:20 PM   #6082

Hi guys,i am just wondering if you purchase say a hoya lens. During collection how do you verify its hoya? I recall all my previous purchases does not come with any cert or warranty card. Please advice. Thanks.
Halphes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #6083
Master Member

Is it progressive or single vision lenses??

Hi guys,i am just wondering if you purchase say a hoya lens. During collection how do you verify its hoya? I recall all my previous purchases does not come with any cert or warranty card. Please advice. Thanks.
Old 21-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #6084

Old 21-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #6085

Is it progressive or single vision lenses??
I am going for progressive now first time.
Old 21-09-2019, 06:57 PM   #6086

I am going for progressive now first time.
Should have. I have all warranty cards given for my progressive lens by Hoya.
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 07:03 PM   #6087

Should have. I have all warranty cards given for my progressive lens by Hoya.
Oh OK thanks. Do you know about other brands such as essilor or zeiss or their sub brand? Do they give warranty cards to?
Old 21-09-2019, 07:17 PM   #6088

Question Free/Cheap Frames Adjustment?

Hi everyone, I have a pair of spectacles which are not fitting right at the moment. I bought them outside of Singapore and aside from the fit, I'm happy with them.

I'd like to ask where can I have them adjusted for free or at a cheap price? From where I bought these, I can have them adjusted for free regardless of which boutique I got them. Heh.

Not sure if this is relevant but the frames are Ray Ban and lenses are Crizal, so I'm also looking for recommendations where I can have them adjusted without worrying they will be damaged.

Last edited by sis01123; 21-09-2019 at 07:19 PM..
sis01123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2019, 08:16 PM   #6089

Oh OK thanks. Do you know about other brands such as essilor or zeiss or their sub brand? Do they give warranty cards to?
Yes for Essilor but I have not tried Zeiss before. After trying Hoya, I did not look back.
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 01:39 AM   #6090
Master Member

Hi everyone, I have a pair of spectacles which are not fitting right at the moment. I bought them outside of Singapore and aside from the fit, I'm happy with them.

I'd like to ask where can I have them adjusted for free or at a cheap price? From where I bought these, I can have them adjusted for free regardless of which boutique I got them. Heh.

Not sure if this is relevant but the frames are Ray Ban and lenses are Crizal, so I'm also looking for recommendations where I can have them adjusted without worrying they will be damaged.
Then would you rather go to their other boutique outlets?
Unless you are comfortable with the fact that during adjustment, there is a possibility that the frame will break. If not most shops would probably do it for you if you are willing to bear the risk involve.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.