HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree479Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #6091

Yes for Essilor but I have not tried Zeiss before. After trying Hoya, I did not look back.
I'm deciding between Hoya and Zeiss. What series of Hoya are you wearing and how does it compares to Essilor?
4D.TOTO&BS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #6092

I'm deciding between Hoya and Zeiss. What series of Hoya are you wearing and how does it compares to Essilor?
Hi, sorry, I can’t recall the series of my Hoya. My first pair was something “ Hoya true form...” and also unable to remember the current one as well. But, definitely is not the top range of Hoya. My Essilor was many years back which I only remember many feedback about their scratch resistance was not as it advertised. I always leave it to my optician to recommend as I want the lens to be “broad view and sharp”. I am more focus on the frame itself.
EyezoneOpticalSG likes this.

Last edited by nethdale; 22-09-2019 at 02:49 PM..
nethdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 04:56 PM   #6093

Question

Then would you rather go to their other boutique outlets?
Unless you are comfortable with the fact that during adjustment, there is a possibility that the frame will break. If not most shops would probably do it for you if you are willing to bear the risk involve.
Would you know how much is the usual service fee if I will have them adjusted at branded boutiques (for peace of mind)?
sis01123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 01:57 PM   #6094
Master Member

When you said branded boutique ,you mean you purchase from their other outlets? If you do, then it’s foc. If not again, it’s on your own risk.

Would you know how much is the usual service fee if I will have them adjusted at branded boutiques (for peace of mind)?
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 02:07 PM   #6095

When you said branded boutique ,you mean you purchase from their other outlets? If you do, then it’s foc. If not again, it’s on your own risk.
e.g. I bought my Ray Ban frames outside of Singapore, then I find a Ray Ban boutique in SG to have them adjusted. Will that come free?
Old 23-09-2019, 04:54 PM   #6096
Master Member

Yeap it will. Honestly many shops in Singapore do it for free. Just that we will usually say it’s at your own risk as it’s not bought from us.

e.g. I bought my Ray Ban frames outside of Singapore, then I find a Ray Ban boutique in SG to have them adjusted. Will that come free?
Old 23-09-2019, 10:41 PM   #6097

Yeap it will. Honestly many shops in Singapore do it for free. Just that we will usually say it’s at your own risk as it’s not bought from us.
Thank you, @GANGSTERKIA!
Old 24-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #6098

Anyone know where / what brands to get the tortoise shell glasses, the big rectangular kind?

Don't know how to upload photos here, so the one i'm referring to is the one Alexander Zverev always wears.
suitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2019, 09:39 PM   #6099

Got shops that I can bring my existing specs with the frame going spoil soon and just change the frame? Or must be exact same frame then can?
jiawei456123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #6100
Master Member

Best to find the same exact one. If not you probably have to find a smaller frame and that would lead to the focal point not being centered as the lens size might have to be altered.
If it is single vision, some might find it tolerable, whereas for progressives, the outcome might be more significant.

Got shops that I can bring my existing specs with the frame going spoil soon and just change the frame? Or must be exact same frame then can?
Old 26-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #6101

If degree is not too high (less than -3.00Ds), usually a slight change of centration (+/- 2mm) poses no significant difference to end users.

However, if your degree is higher, most optician/optometrist would try to find a frame that has:
  • same or +/-1mm nose bridge
  • nasal portion of lens that fits exactly/require minimal alteration

Old 26-09-2019, 12:48 PM   #6102

Hi all, I'm 27yo working in front of a computer screen in office and planning to change my glasses soon.

I'm currently using Eyezen from 2017 and thinking if I should go back to Eyezen (saw around $320) or should I go with Hoya Sync iii (saw around $520)?

I'm not sure about my degree but from my warranty card, it states:
1.67 Crizal Eyezen

Right: Sph -7.00 , Cyl -1.25 , Axis 175 , Add 0.00
Left: Sph -5.50 , Cyl -1.75 , Axis 5 , Add 0.00

Would like to ask for some kind advise here if Sync iii is worth the upgrade over Eyezen?
And as the "boost zone" is on the lower part of the lens, does that mean when I'm facing computer screen, I should look through the bottom part of my lens? That sounds weird & unnatural?

Lastly, if I'm for example driving, and looking far, would the lens make my vision worst?

Pardon for the noob questions here! And thank in advance for anyone kind enough to explain to me. Thank you!
aknike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #6103

Hows your review for eyezen?
Project_Xco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #6104

It's fine, was very scratch & dirt resistance when it was brand new. But after 2years, can see fine scratches on the lens but doesn't affect normal vision. It's normal I guess as the coating will slowly wear off. As for eyes feel, it does block quite a lot of blue light. I can see clear difference in the colour of my screen when i'm wearing vs not wearing the glasses.
Old 26-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #6105

Hi all, I'm 27yo working in front of a computer screen in office and planning to change my glasses soon.

I'm currently using Eyezen from 2017 and thinking if I should go back to Eyezen (saw around $320) or should I go with Hoya Sync iii (saw around $520)?

I'm not sure about my degree but from my warranty card, it states:
1.67 Crizal Eyezen

Right: Sph -7.00 , Cyl -1.25 , Axis 175 , Add 0.00
Left: Sph -5.50 , Cyl -1.75 , Axis 5 , Add 0.00

Would like to ask for some kind advise here if Sync iii is worth the upgrade over Eyezen?
And as the "boost zone" is on the lower part of the lens, does that mean when I'm facing computer screen, I should look through the bottom part of my lens? That sounds weird & unnatural?

Lastly, if I'm for example driving, and looking far, would the lens make my vision worst?

Pardon for the noob questions here! And thank in advance for anyone kind enough to explain to me. Thank you!
To add on, will one feel dizziness or giddy by using the Sync iii?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.