HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree527Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2020, 10:21 AM   #6421
Master Member

Welcome! It will work well... but once you hit the 42/43 range.. get ready to switch to progressives haha

ok. heart pain $320 for the lenses. hope it serves me well. thanks again!!!!!!
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 01:11 PM   #6422

I would like to know which shop too, thanks.
Bro, check your PM. Do call to ask for the price on the brand you want. What I was given is 30% off RRP.

Paiseh, don't frequent this thread much.
Discarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 01:17 PM   #6423

Which shop?

Pls share

Posted from PCWX using SM-N970F
PM sent. Please call and check the price for the brand you want.
Taro Pie likes this.
Old 14-01-2020, 01:17 PM   #6424

Bro,which shop giving 30% off ?please share
Thanks
Please check your PM.
Old 14-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #6425
Master Member

PM sent. Please call and check the price for the brand you want.
Bro, can you PM me too? Thanks.
Gondon72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 01:58 PM   #6426
Master Member

Ah I see! Ok, if you prefer wider view I would recommend hoya mystyle profile/V+ either 1,
Essilor Xtrack, or zeiss superb or individual 2.

You would realise that all these are the more common Brand’s in the market and honestly that are Brand’s that cost lesser and some might claim it works better. But ultimately it’s all for the consumer and how they feel. Some will feel the slightly cheaper lenses are better while others would prefer those Brand’s that I mentioned.

Listen to your practitioner recommendation and if you are comfortable, then go for it. Cheers!

P.s these lenses cost minimally 700+++ but based on my fitting experiences, they work well.
Hi GANGSTERKIA, would like your advice on the different type of lens brand. In your opinion, which brand or model lens is better for progressive lens whereby i can ask for more reading area for Laptop distance and reading book distance?

I am currently using essilor (varilux) progresssive lens. But after 2 years, the lens itself shown a lot of uniform lines when i shine it against light even thou i only use those cloth that is for cleaning spectacles. I have attached the photo as shown.

Last edited by Gondon72; 14-01-2020 at 02:03 PM..
Old 14-01-2020, 02:44 PM   #6427
Master Member

Oof, thst looks like crazing of the lenses. Do you wash your spectacle cloth too?

I would recommend hoya mystyle series if you want all to be good. But honestly progressives usually cater to 2 good viewing distance. Intermediate zone is always smaller compared to the office lens. However this is also affected by your frame size too.

Hi GANGSTERKIA, would like your advice on the different type of lens brand. In your opinion, which brand or model lens is better for progressive lens whereby i can ask for more reading area for Laptop distance and reading book distance?

I am currently using essilor (varilux) progresssive lens. But after 2 years, the lens itself shown a lot of uniform lines when i shine it against light even thou i only use those cloth that is for cleaning spectacles. I have attached the photo as shown.

Old 14-01-2020, 03:11 PM   #6428
Master Member

Oof, thst looks like crazing of the lenses. Do you wash your spectacle cloth too?

I would recommend hoya mystyle series if you want all to be good. But honestly progressives usually cater to 2 good viewing distance. Intermediate zone is always smaller compared to the office lens. However this is also affected by your frame size too.
Yes, i do wash my spectacles cloth. I get a few piece from the shop when i bought the current spectacle. It only appears when it is near to 2 years time. That is why i was wondering whether is it worth it to use branded progressive lens that is much more expensive than those normal lens (e.g like owndays shop progressive lens)

May i know roughly how much is the price for hoya mystyle series for the following? Thanks.

index = 1.67
Progressive Lens with Blue light protection
R: 750 - 100 x 62
L: 600 - 300 x 156
ADD +150
PD: 74
Old 14-01-2020, 06:36 PM   #6429
Master Member

Will check for you and let you know when I am back tomorrow..

I believe things like this happenening could also due to other factor as my colleagues one or my cx can last for 4-5 years with no such issue.

Though some even within 6months we can see too..

Yes, i do wash my spectacles cloth. I get a few piece from the shop when i bought the current spectacle. It only appears when it is near to 2 years time. That is why i was wondering whether is it worth it to use branded progressive lens that is much more expensive than those normal lens (e.g like owndays shop progressive lens)

May i know roughly how much is the price for hoya mystyle series for the following? Thanks.

index = 1.67
Progressive Lens with Blue light protection
R: 750 - 100 x 62
L: 600 - 300 x 156
ADD +150
PD: 74
Old 14-01-2020, 07:38 PM   #6430
Master Member

Will check for you and let you know when I am back tomorrow..

I believe things like this happenening could also due to other factor as my colleagues one or my cx can last for 4-5 years with no such issue.

Though some even within 6months we can see too..
Thank you very much. Within 6 months is having this problem? does it even warrant a warranty claim?
Old 14-01-2020, 08:07 PM   #6431
Master Member

Yes it does. It’s multi coating issue so you can always bring it back. They have a warranty.

Thank you very much. Within 6 months is having this problem? does it even warrant a warranty claim?
Old 14-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #6432

Please check your PM.
Noted...Thankyou bro
tmc2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #6433
Master Member

Threetree, your inbox is full.
Old 15-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #6434
Master Member

Yes it does. Itís multi coating issue so you can always bring it back. They have a warranty.
does that means the lens inside originally is like that until it is multi coated?
Old 15-01-2020, 02:28 PM   #6435
Master Member

Nope, yours looks like wear and tear .. if it’s just using optical cloth and washing it constantly, not so often these situation occurs haha.
As mentioned earlier that there could be other factors that caused these.

does that means the lens inside originally is like that until it is multi coated?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.