HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree497Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2020, 10:43 PM   #6451
Master Member

That’s not possible unless it is anti fatigue. You cant lower the power of the lower end of the lenses with any brand top tier single vision lenses unless he lower the overall power, adjusting the height of the lenses which made you look through another area of the lenses with a slightly different power. Also it could be due to a wrong fitting height leading you to view through another zone to see clearer.

It doesn’t work the same way as mystyle progressive series. So don’t worry about it for all who’s interested. Mystyle series progressives will be one of the best lens you ever try if you don’t mind the price..

Nulux EP is a 2nd tier category for single vision lens. Used to be top tier SV lens. Now Nulux top tier is Nulux V+ tailored to individual preferences. I have experience wearing tailored lens like zeiss individual. Dont like it. The optician lowered the power on lower end of my lens supposedly for comfort but end up i struggled to read clearly for near vision that i gave up. When watching tv i have to lower down my head in order to see more clearly with the higher part of my "tailored" lens.

My guess is it works same way for Mystyle which is the top tier of hoya progressive lenses. I might instead give mid tier a try instead. Lifestyle series is also customised maybe similar to nulux. Just less the "tailored" part thats all. Tailored sounds atas but may not suit our needs. Might be just marketing gimmick to earn more of our money. Just saying.
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 10:59 PM   #6452
Master Member

You are not wrong!

Zeiss also not bad. \o/ \o/
Old 15-01-2020, 11:00 PM   #6453
Master Member

User Seannie explained it. Mystyle is under progressives whereas nulux EP would be under single vision.

The Mystyle is a new series from Hoya? Above the Nulux EP?
Old 15-01-2020, 11:39 PM   #6454
Supremacy Member

Question

...Now Nulux top tier is Nulux V+ tailored to individual preferences...
means the lens is extremely customized? Each part of one lens can exhibit different power?

...My guess is it works same way for Mystyle which is the top tier of hoya progressive lenses...
So if I'm not using progressive lens, I should not go for Mystyle series at all? Progressive lens is not for short-sightedness right? Is Progressive lens "lao hua" lens?
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 12:08 AM   #6455
Master Member

means the lens is extremely customized? Each part of one lens can exhibit different power?

So if I'm not using progressive lens, I should not go for Mystyle series at all? Progressive lens is not for short-sightedness right? Is Progressive lens "lao hua" lens?
I have not worn nulux V+ before but i think should be even more customised than nulux EP, so theoretically should be clearer bah. But i dont want to upgrade because nulux EP i feel already good enough clarity. And once you upgrade, it will be hard to downgrade back if someday your pockets decided they cant take it.

Yalor, mystyle series are for laohua plus short sighted all integrated into one lens, no need interchange spectacles for reading near and far, thats why damn expensive. I want to drag using single vision lens for as long as i can.
Seannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 12:18 AM   #6456
Master Member

Thatís not possible unless it is anti fatigue. You cant lower the power of the lower end of the lenses with any brand top tier single vision lenses unless he lower the overall power, adjusting the height of the lenses which made you look through another area of the lenses with a slightly different power. Also it could be due to a wrong fitting height leading you to view through another zone to see clearer.

It doesnít work the same way as mystyle progressive series. So donít worry about it for all whoís interested. Mystyle series progressives will be one of the best lens you ever try if you donít mind the price..
Ok my technical description not as professional as you but you are correct that he adjusted the height of the lenses which made me look through different areas of the lenses with different powers which i dont like at all and find it irritating. Maybe im used to perfect clarity so cant adapt to the varying differences in power.

Now that you say, i think he also added anti fatigue into the design lor. Supposed to make me feel less tired because adjust the lower portion of lens to lower power for near vision work and adjust higher portion of lens to higher power for looking farther distance. Thats why zeiss called it individualised mah. Lol. Wasted my $. Now im cautious about this so called highly customised lens. If suay suay the optician skill not good enough to input correct parameters for the high customization, the whole lens could be a disaster.

Last edited by Seannie; 16-01-2020 at 12:20 AM..
Seannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 12:28 AM   #6457
Master Member

My fonts on the hp is very big.
i already set mine to largest..but in game the wording are very small..
Gondon72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 07:46 AM   #6458

I’ve a old small oval spectacle (frame height 3cm). Will it be suitable for progressive lens ?
IdiotsAndAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #6459

which oakley frame that have spring and abit wide ah ?

was using tagheuer for quite long. now that they uplorry. dunno what to buy now.
grynove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 09:26 AM   #6460
Master Member

If he added anti fatigue inside then it’s either digital lens/EnergizeMe or even a progressive zeiss light/3D light. No chance to be single vision superb or single vision individual. Best is if you check with your practitioner again in case it gives u the impression that individualised single vision is not good.

Either way it’s unfortunate that you aren’t comfortable with something you paid a sum for...hope your next one would be better though! Cheers!

Ok my technical description not as professional as you but you are correct that he adjusted the height of the lenses which made me look through different areas of the lenses with different powers which i dont like at all and find it irritating. Maybe im used to perfect clarity so cant adapt to the varying differences in power.

Now that you say, i think he also added anti fatigue into the design lor. Supposed to make me feel less tired because adjust the lower portion of lens to lower power for near vision work and adjust higher portion of lens to higher power for looking farther distance. Thats why zeiss called it individualised mah. Lol. Wasted my $. Now im cautious about this so called highly customised lens. If suay suay the optician skill not good enough to input correct parameters for the high customization, the whole lens could be a disaster.
Old 16-01-2020, 09:27 AM   #6461
Master Member

Yeah. Usually 28mm onwards is good. Try not to go too small as it will cut away your reading zone. Actually 3cm not too bad already.

I’ve a old small oval spectacle (frame height 3cm). Will it be suitable for progressive lens ?
Old 16-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #6462
Master Member

Any recommendation of spectacles shop in Pasir Ris ? Need to bring my father in wheelchair to make reading glasses so can't go far.

I went to shopping mall next to Pasir Ris MRT to check. They have 4 spectacle shops :
Owndays
Spectacle Hut
Capitol Optical
Eyes Palace

Don't know which one to go. He is budget conscious and don't really care about frames or lens type. Just want to be able to read small prints on newspaper.

Thanks.
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 12:38 PM   #6463
Master Member

I dk about eyes palace but I think out of the 4,
own days cheapest, also don’t need to use those high index that they recommend.
If you want it even cheaper you can request for uncoated lenses which is a lot cheaper but still does it’s function.(not all shops does this though so ask them first).

Any recommendation of spectacles shop in Pasir Ris ? Need to bring my father in wheelchair to make reading glasses so can't go far.

I went to shopping mall next to Pasir Ris MRT to check. They have 4 spectacle shops :
Owndays
Spectacle Hut
Capitol Optical
Eyes Palace

Don't know which one to go. He is budget conscious and don't really care about frames or lens type. Just want to be able to read small prints on newspaper.

Thanks.
Old 16-01-2020, 12:41 PM   #6464
Master Member

If you want it even cheaper you can request for uncoated lenses which is a lot cheaper but still does it’s function.(not all shops does this though so ask them first).
Grateful for your advice. Thanks !
Old 16-01-2020, 05:14 PM   #6465
Master Member

Made the spectacles at Owndays for $98. Very efficient. Just have to wait 20 minutes to collect. Thanks again.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.