HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree497Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2020, 07:01 PM   #6571
Master Member

Screw kind or slot in kind of nosepad?

Do you guys have the experience of the nosepads being too loose on the nosepad arms? Is it an issue or quite normal?
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:39 PM   #6572
Master Member

Recently I just bought a new frame from online to replace my current frame. Where do u all go which shop to do lens? I looking at 1.67 transition lens. How much does it cost?
Kirakun83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:58 PM   #6573

Adding a hole is possible on glass but the "cons" far outweigh the "pro"

Glass has higher tendency to break, especially when you add a hole to it.

Weight-wise is far heavier than plastic, what I can foresee is the spectacles is front heavy with little to no support from the hinge behind the ears. Glasses will keep sliding down the nose, overall comfort will be very much affected.

If you want good optical clarity & thin lenses, Zeiss & Tokai produces a range of plastic lenses that provides pretty good optics as well. Overall comfort would be much better than to use glass.
Adding on to what user eyezone mention, if you place the frame on the table it will likely topple forward based on the weigh of the lenses and frame. So plastic Would be a better option imho.

Just ask the shop which sells you the Lindberg to recommend you accordingly. But as what we suggested just do plastic. 1.74 or 1.76 will do fine.

If itís the acetanium or buffalo horn design then glass is fine.
Alright, thanks guys!!
larryzotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:47 PM   #6574
Master Member

Screw kind or slot in kind of nosepad?
Screw kind. Some will fit quite well, meaning small allowance of movement while some are loose-fitted. Is it the issue with the nosepad arms or the issue is with the nosepads themselves?
Seannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:31 PM   #6575
Master Member

More of the nosepads themselves, if different from original or the screws too.
The replacement screws if the screw is missing carry slightly in size and might cause the nosepad to move slightly more than usual.

Screw kind. Some will fit quite well, meaning small allowance of movement while some are loose-fitted. Is it the issue with the nosepad arms or the issue is with the nosepads themselves?
Old 07-02-2020, 02:16 PM   #6576
High Supremacy Member

Recently I just bought a new frame from online to replace my current frame. Where do u all go which shop to do lens? I looking at 1.67 transition lens. How much does it cost?
q10 look for eyecon... good price and extremely good service and can use q10 coupon also
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:08 PM   #6577
Master Member

More of the nosepads themselves, if different from original or the screws too.
The replacement screws if the screw is missing carry slightly in size and might cause the nosepad to move slightly more than usual.
Ahhhh, then its the screws problem already. Recently replaced the nosepad arm scews. Nosepads are original. I think its hard to get original screws.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:53 PM   #6578
Master Member

Original supplier shop? Or was it bought overseas?

Ahhhh, then its the screws problem already. Recently replaced the nosepad arm scews. Nosepads are original. I think its hard to get original screws.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #6579

Hi guys, I gotten this offer of 800. For Shamir Clarity Plus 1.67 with Transition, New Balance Frame and a customised clip on for 800.Fair price?
sarduakar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:04 PM   #6580
Master Member

Wow. Sounds like a good price👍🏻 1.67 and transition.

Hi guys, I gotten this offer of 800. For Shamir Clarity Plus 1.67 with Transition, New Balance Frame and a customised clip on for 800.Fair price?
Old 09-02-2020, 08:55 PM   #6581
Master Member

Original supplier shop? Or was it bought overseas?
I dont know what you meant. Bought in local shop. Original.

What i meant is that i have the nosepad arm screws replaced. Nosepads are still original. The replacement screws are not original.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:09 PM   #6582
Honorary Member

Adding a hole is possible on glass but the "cons" far outweigh the "pro"

Glass has higher tendency to break, especially when you add a hole to it.

Weight-wise is far heavier than plastic, what I can foresee is the spectacles is front heavy with little to no support from the hinge behind the ears. Glasses will keep sliding down the nose, overall comfort will be very much affected.

If you want good optical clarity & thin lenses, Zeiss & Tokai produces a range of plastic lenses that provides pretty good optics as well. Overall comfort would be much better than to use glass.
Adding on to what user eyezone mention, if you place the frame on the table it will likely topple forward based on the weigh of the lenses and frame. So plastic Would be a better option imho.

Just ask the shop which sells you the Lindberg to recommend you accordingly. But as what we suggested just do plastic. 1.74 or 1.76 will do fine.

If itís the acetanium or buffalo horn design then glass is fine.

Does Zeiss & Tokai plastic lenses comes with progressive?
roughly how much??

My Varilux Physio 3.0 cost around $9xx. for 1.67

And btw, i went around asking for normal progressive lens.
and most opticians recommended not advisable.
bcoz
i'm used to varilu physico 3.0, switching to non-branded progressive lens will see distortion at the sides??

is that true??
Old 10-02-2020, 05:12 AM   #6583
Master Member

This is my opinion, others might disagree but physio is considered a good lenses already thus switching to a cheaper lenses might be an issue. I switched a customer from physio to hoya lifestyle V+ and she did not feel comfortable at all. When I changed her back to physio then she felt alright again.

Thus it’s either you stay with the same tier. Upgrade to a better tier or if you want something cheaper, consciously remind yourself that the distortion at the side might be more and we have to live with it.

roughly how much??

bcoz
i'm used to varilu physico 3.0, switching to non-branded progressive lens will see distortion at the sides??

is that true??
Old 10-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #6584

Advice needed, New to Eyezen- antifatigue lenses

Hi Guys,

I'm recently offer Eyezen for antifatigue & Bluelight, when inquiring for new lens. They offer because i spend most time on digital screens, mentioned there is an change in degree over at the lower part of the lens.

Anyone has used such lens before ? And how's is it different from normal Single Vision lens.

I'm 32, nearsighted around 300+ abit on both sides, with astigmatism. Have always used Single Vision lens with only the current using added reflect Blue light. (Cheap housebrand type)
dayfornight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:52 PM   #6585

roughly how much??

bcoz

is that true??
Hi bro,

It all depends on how confident the shop is in fitting progressive lenses. Mvision has a compatible lens to Varilux Physio 3.0.

Supreme 1.67
HMC $630
Asahi HEV(Blue) filter UV420 $750
Transition HMC $880

Good thing about Mvision lenses is they are of Zeiss quality but at much affordable price point. If you're worried about the lens compatibility, drop by our Toa Payoh branch for our Progressive Money Back Guarantee.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.