The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

iscrying

Reaction score
May I ask what is the price range of progressive lenses ah? I have preference for Zeiss.

currently on their Digital lens, has been 3 years alrdy and got some micro-scratches on the surface.
worried if they might affect my vision in the long-term.

In terms of eyewear selection, thinking of asian-fit Japanese range. currently on acetate frames.
anything around Bukit Merah area?

naturelover

Reaction score
Any suggestions for an optician to get a new pair of progressives?

Degree about 450-500. Would like something durable as I play badminton and other sports regularly. Prefer half frame, rectanglish shape rather than circular. Hopefully below $400 for lens + frame. Saw quite a few mentioning Markus T and Lindberg, but not sure if they are within budget.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for an optician to get a new pair of progressives?

Degree about 450-500. Would like something durable as I play badminton and other sports regularly. Prefer half frame, rectanglish shape rather than circular. Hopefully below $400 for lens + frame. Saw quite a few mentioning Markus T and Lindberg, but not sure if they are within budget.
Hi there,
For 400, it’s not possible for either of those Brands as they are by itself about 600-800 based on frames itself. I suggest Oakley half frames e.g. lizard/limit switch as they are small in width thus your lenses will not be too thick and heavy. But your progressive lens will be of a much lower quality.
Alternatively you can consider owndays with their progressive lens package I guess their half frame and progressive might just fit into your budget.
Do take note as it is half frame and you are doing sports, be slightly more careful as the lower half of the frame is exposed.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
May I ask what is the price range of progressive lenses ah? I have preference for Zeiss.

currently on their Digital lens, has been 3 years alrdy and got some micro-scratches on the surface.
worried if they might affect my vision in the long-term.

In terms of eyewear selection, thinking of asian-fit Japanese range. currently on acetate frames.
anything around Bukit Merah area?
Zeiss-wise depending on prescription, could start from 500 onwards(precision pure—>precision plus—>precision superb—>individual 2. They have a more basic tier which range from 300+ onwards(Zeiss light)
Asian fit Japanese range you can look at frames like DUN, japonism, yellows plus.
Redhill side I am not so sure… unless you are fine with travelling further then I be able to recommend more.

naturelover

Reaction score
Hi there,
For 400, it’s not possible for either of those Brands as they are by itself about 600-800 based on frames itself. I suggest Oakley half frames e.g. lizard/limit switch as they are small in width thus your lenses will not be too thick and heavy. But your progressive lens will be of a much lower quality.
Alternatively you consider owndays with their progressive lens package I guess their half frame and progressive might just fit into your budget.
Do take note as it is half frame and you are doing sports, be slightly more careful as the lower half of the frame is exposed.
Thanks for the quick response. Would you be able to suggest an optician to go to for the Oakleys? Central area is closest but ok to travel.

I think one of my previous spectacles was Porsche Design frame, it lasted quite long as compared to current pair from Zoff. Any idea how much those cost nowadays and which optician carries them?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. Would you be able to suggest an optician to go to for the Oakleys? Central area is closest but ok to travel.

I think one of my previous spectacles was Porsche Design frame, it lasted quite long as compared to current pair from Zoff. Any idea how much those cost nowadays and which optician carries them?
Eyewear optics has Porsche and oakleys. I can pm you who to look for if you want.

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am wearing tokai asagi lens since 2018.
Will it be helpful it is buy another fl-41 rose tint clip on to prevent headache and eyestrain?

Anyway where can I get the new shemir glasses that is better than tokai?

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am wearing tokai asagi lens since 2018.
Will it be helpful it is buy another fl-41 rose tint clip on to prevent headache and eyestrain?

Anyway where can I get the new shemir glasses that is better than tokai?
Hi there,
Does it have to be shamir?
Also your clip on is to be worn at all times?
have you considered just blue light filter lenses??

Spladox

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to change my owndays specs after 5 years. Look to get a nice pair (~800-1000?). What should I be looking out for?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to change my owndays specs after 5 years. Look to get a nice pair (~800-1000?). What should I be looking out for?
Hi,
What kind of lenses are you looking towards? Single vision/progressive?
Any particular frame design/material you looking for?

Spladox

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,
What kind of lenses are you looking towards? Single vision/progressive?
Any particular frame design/material you looking for?
Thanks for asking!

I have very low prescription so I'm looking at single vision.
Material wise nothing in mind but frame design I do prefer something like this below!
827934438910__001.png

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for asking!

I have very low prescription so I'm looking at single vision.
Material wise nothing in mind but frame design I do prefer something like this below!
827934438910__001.png
That looks so similar to an Oliver’s people haha. They should something similar to it. I would recommend you to Jamco optical. They have frames that look like these and budget should be well within what you prepared!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
my tokai glasses is already blue light filter lenses.
The rose tint lenses might not be so useful if the environment is dark(if your objective is to use your electronics devices at dim places).
Tokai blue filter depending on which, might be the blue light absorb, thus the lenses might not be as yellows which in turns doesn’t reduce glare as much..

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
The rose tint lenses might not be so useful if the environment is dark(if your objective is to use your electronics devices at dim places).
Tokai blue filter depending on which, might be the blue light absorb, thus the lenses might not be as yellows which in turns doesn’t reduce glare as much..
No environment is well lit.
So if I get rose tint clip on and mixed with tokai lense.
Will it be a good combo?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.