Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree527Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2020, 10:40 PM   #6961

thanks
liewhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 04:53 PM   #6962

Hi. Can someone please recommend a good shop (in terms of service and price) in Bishan/AMK/TPY or is there a highly rated shop anywhere else that I should visit? Need to get a pair of progressive lens. Many thanks!
jnpy3093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 04:55 PM   #6963

u ok to travel to chinatown ?
colin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 09:29 PM   #6964

Any truths to the following?

https://www.eyewearrepublic.com/Do-N...tion_b_33.html
Wicked76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 11:49 PM   #6965

Hi guys. So can reimburse up to $180 for prescription glasses, mine is .75 to 1 if i remember correctly,and the photochromatic lenses. Any shops to recommend? Doubt it's enough to get a branded one is it?
len555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 12:03 AM   #6966
Master Member

My N.O.W frame is going strong after 3 years. I believe all products however good they are, has their own swear by customers and dissatisfied customers.

My take on this is, get it from an optical shop that knows how to cut/edge the lenses into Lindberg frames.

Itís a common issue if you edge the lens too big and it will cause stress on the frame, if the edger is not familiar with Lindberg NOW edging standards, then during mounting even at the initial process, they might alr dmg the frame.

In conclusion, there is truth to it. Solution would be to Find an optical shop that usually do their own in-house cutting and is familiar with Lindberg.

Any truths to the following?

https://www.eyewearrepublic.com/Do-N...tion_b_33.html
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 12:04 AM   #6967
Master Member

Branded unfortunately no. OEM possible. Your degree is Low, so 1.5 index is good.

Hi guys. So can reimburse up to $180 for prescription glasses, mine is .75 to 1 if i remember correctly,and the photochromatic lenses. Any shops to recommend? Doubt it's enough to get a branded one is it?
Old 29-07-2020, 12:20 AM   #6968

Hiya, any recommendations for reliable spectacle shops in the Northeast (Sengkang/Hougang/Punggol)?

I've attempted to search the history and found a few posters asking too but they didn't seem to have any replies.

Used to visit The Lens Men @ Compass Point, but since Compass One renovated I've turned to Owndays. Find that their lenses aren't as clear as compared to my old pair using Hoya multicoated high index 1.67 since day 1.

Am looking for something of good value (mid-range at most), but would still like to pick and stick to a recommended optician if there's a good one around the area. Have generally gone for very OEM / unknown brand frames so not much knowledge in this space.

Been reading the thread on the sidelines also to self-educate, and maybe if I feel like spending a bit more can consider Charmant frame as an upgrade to my current pair. Noticed that the W Optics at Compass One carries it. Also noticed some other brands trending like Zoff and O+.

In summary, many questions and appreciate the assistance:
1. Any reliable opticians to recommend in Northeast?
2. Thoughts on W Optics @ Compass One?
3. Thoughts on brands like Zoff and O+ if travelling further out?

Thanks!

Last edited by peripheral; 29-07-2020 at 12:26 AM..
peripheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 12:39 AM   #6969

Branded unfortunately no. OEM possible. Your degree is Low, so 1.5 index is good.
Thks for this
Old 29-07-2020, 12:44 AM   #6970

Anyone has exp bought from https://carousell.com/two_fashion_eyewear?
Authentic or not? (doubtful as they put marketprice then theirs is like only half..)
Old 29-07-2020, 12:55 AM   #6971
Master Member

Canít help you with that as Iím not that familiar with shops around there. If you donít mind travelling to Serangoon, then nanfang might be good. Very established family name is that area.

Zoff or O+.... If price is an issue, then go zoff.

No comments on W optics...

Hiya, any recommendations for reliable spectacle shops in the Northeast (Sengkang/Hougang/Punggol)?

I've attempted to search the history and found a few posters asking too but they didn't seem to have any replies.

Used to visit The Lens Men @ Compass Point, but since Compass One renovated I've turned to Owndays. Find that their lenses aren't as clear as compared to my old pair using Hoya multicoated high index 1.67 since day 1.

Am looking for something of good value (mid-range at most), but would still like to pick and stick to a recommended optician if there's a good one around the area. Have generally gone for very OEM / unknown brand frames so not much knowledge in this space.

Been reading the thread on the sidelines also to self-educate, and maybe if I feel like spending a bit more can consider Charmant frame as an upgrade to my current pair. Noticed that the W Optics at Compass One carries it. Also noticed some other brands trending like Zoff and O+.

In summary, many questions and appreciate the assistance:
1. Any reliable opticians to recommend in Northeast?
2. Thoughts on W Optics @ Compass One?
3. Thoughts on brands like Zoff and O+ if travelling further out?

Thanks!
Old 29-07-2020, 12:57 AM   #6972
Master Member

Actually the prices of most of the frame there are comparable to Lazada. Probably making a small profit, but better than none. Optical shops tend to sell them more ex... but think of servicing , warranty, These frames if have issue, who are you going to look for? I doubt they will service for you continuously. Thus price vs reliability... which is more important...

Anyone has exp bought from https://carousell.com/two_fashion_eyewear?
Authentic or not? (doubtful as they put marketprice then theirs is like only half..)
Old 29-07-2020, 02:07 AM   #6973

Hi I'm looking to make a transition len with pc coating. Any shop in e North area to recommend.i was told to go to far east plaza to make spec to be cheaper
demonshroud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #6974

Can’t help you with that as I’m not that familiar with shops around there. If you don’t mind travelling to Serangoon, then nanfang might be good. Very established family name is that area.

Zoff or O+.... If price is an issue, then go zoff.

No comments on W optics...
Thanks, appreciate your reply still.

Follow up question - are there any differences between lens brands / any which you would recommend? e.g. Zeiss, Hoya, Crizal. Didn't think it used to make a diff until Owndays lenses seem a lot less sharp to me.

Degree is about 800 with astig about 150. Generally opt for multicoated high index lenses of at least 1.67 and above.
peripheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 12:02 PM   #6975
Master Member

They do make a difference in terms of clarity.

For higher prescription, itís also recommended to actually get a focal point measured so as to minimise prismatic effect which would cause your vision to be not as sharp as it is supposed to be.

Again, it also depends on the tolerance of the individual. There are people who claims that owndays lenses is as good or even better than these big brand lenses. Thus we can immediately tell likely itís because of their high tolerance. And of course there is the other side of the coin which prefers the better ones.

For me I am quite fine with all Brands. For my colleagues... die hard hoya.

Thanks, appreciate your reply still.

Follow up question - are there any differences between lens brands / any which you would recommend? e.g. Zeiss, Hoya, Crizal. Didn't think it used to make a diff until Owndays lenses seem a lot less sharp to me.

Degree is about 800 with astig about 150. Generally opt for multicoated high index lenses of at least 1.67 and above.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.