HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree531Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2020, 11:02 PM   #7036
Master Member

Honestly, the blue light filter lenses with the yellowish hue is the best way to reduce eye strain.

Other lenses that does similar blue light absorbing and all also does their job BUT it doesnt reduce the eye strain as much as the yellowish hue lenses.

However i understand many individuals not fancying the yellowish hue thus you can always settle for the latter.
GANGSTERKIA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:08 AM   #7037

Hi all, I saw spectacles hut has promotion for Zeiss lenses purchase one pair of progressive lenses free a pair of home office lenses. The price for 1.6 index around $950. Is it worth to buy? Thanks.
khyun2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:19 AM   #7038
Master Member

Itís not just specs hut, but many places also got.
1.6 index 950.. probably precision plus Asiana?
You can either get the office lens, free upgrade to precision superb(even better tier progressives).

Hi all, I saw spectacles hut has promotion for Zeiss lenses purchase one pair of progressive lenses free a pair of home office lenses. The price for 1.6 index around $950. Is it worth to buy? Thanks.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #7039

Itís not just specs hut, but many places also got.
1.6 index 950.. probably precision plus Asiana?
You can either get the office lens, free upgrade to precision superb(even better tier progressives).
Thanks for the reply. You mean other shop if buy office lens only, will free upgrade to precision superb? And the sales informed me office lens not suitable for driving. Not really understand what is function of office lens. I m wondering why must have 2 specs or either to just have Shamir Autograph for progressive lens for my myopia n 老花 then add on blue coat.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:55 AM   #7040
Master Member

Thanks for the reply. You mean other shop if buy office lens only, will free upgrade to precision superb? And the sales informed me office lens not suitable for driving. Not really understand what is function of office lens. I m wondering why must have 2 specs or either to just have Shamir Autograph for progressive lens for my myopia n 老花 then add on blue coat.
Alright, firstly this is a ''almost'' islandwide zeiss promo. Almost because maybe some shops ''dont'' promote this promotion.

You can ONLY CHOOSE ONE(pardon the caps. just need to highlight it)
1)Free Photofusion on any lenses
2)Free design upgrade (only 1 level up)e.g. Precision Plus-->Precision Superb
Precision superb-->Individual 2
3)Purchase Zeiss progressive lens, you get an office lens
4)If you purchase myopia control zeiss lenses, you get a pair of single vision lens with blueprotect
5)If you purchase a digital lens, you get a single vision lens with blueprotect

If shops don't want to mention about the other promos, its understandable as sales and all are involve.

Office lenses are lenses that as the name suggests, to be used only in the office/desk settings. It has close to no Distance vision vision(not entirely).
The lens is designed in a way such that if you look straight, your intermediate distance(e.g. computer/desktop) distance will be clear, and if you roll your eyes down, then your reading will be clear. But if you are looking to see distance e.g. driving Then the progressive lenses will be better for you as progressive will allow you to see distance,intermediate and near. Just that for progressive lenses, intermediate zone vision will not be as WIDE as an Office lens.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:02 PM   #7041
High Supremacy Member

Alright, firstly this is a ''almost'' islandwide zeiss promo. Almost because maybe some shops ''dont'' promote this promotion.

4)If you purchase myopia control zeiss lenses, you get a pair of single vision lens with blueprotect

If shops don't want to mention about the other promos, its understandable as sales and all are involve.

Office lenses are lenses that as the name suggests, to be used only in the office/desk settings. It has close to no Distance vision vision(not entirely).
The lens is designed in a way such that if you look straight, your intermediate distance(e.g. computer/desktop) distance will be clear, and if you roll your eyes down, then your reading will be clear. But if you are looking to see distance e.g. driving Then the progressive lenses will be better for you as progressive will allow you to see distance,intermediate and near. Just that for progressive lenses, intermediate zone vision will not be as WIDE as an Office lens.
This office lenses does seem suitable for me. Look at monitors.. look at contracts. Prebyopia OK too right? Other than that.. my eyesight is fine. Thanks =)

Sent from Apollo 13 using GAGT
Velton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:12 PM   #7042
Master Member

Hi, I would like to get advice on getting new lens.
I went to a store to try a sample of the new Crizal Blue Capture UV out to see for myself and it didn't really seem to change how my phone's screen looks.
With the old digital lens I could see a visible reduction of blue light but it had the side effect of making white look yellowish.

Any advice on the prescription I should get? I'm around -5 on my worst eye and the optician recommended me to get Transitions Signature + blue capture at 1.74 for 680.
Based on your prescription, I am assuming/hoping your astig(shan guang) is under -2. Then actually 1.67 might be more than enough. I personally feel 1.74 is abit overkill.

If you dont like the Bluecapture, then go with Prevencia which has the yellowish hue. I personally am a strong supporter of the yellowish hue, i feel it makes it more comfortable for me.

May i also ask how old are you at the moment?
Old 09-08-2020, 12:15 PM   #7043
Master Member

This office lenses does seem suitable for me. Look at monitors.. look at contracts. Prebyopia OK too right? Other than that.. my eyesight is fine. Thanks =)

Yes Sir! If its mainly for monitors and looking at near documents e.g. contracts and all, office lens would be very suitable.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:28 PM   #7044
High Supremacy Member

Yes Sir! If its mainly for monitors and looking at near documents e.g. contracts and all, office lens would be very suitable.
Thank you Mr. Gangster!

Velton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:30 PM   #7045

Thank you Mr Gangterkia. No worry on the cap letter, in fact really appreciate on your effort to give me so much info where have zero knowledge on the lenses. Thank you x3 so much n enjoy National Day holiday. 😀😀😀
Old 09-08-2020, 04:30 PM   #7046

Based on your prescription, I am assuming/hoping your astig(shan guang) is under -2. Then actually 1.67 might be more than enough. I personally feel 1.74 is abit overkill.

If you dont like the Bluecapture, then go with Prevencia which has the yellowish hue. I personally am a strong supporter of the yellowish hue, i feel it makes it more comfortable for me.

May i also ask how old are you at the moment?
I'm 25. I'm not that big of a fan of the yellowish hue to be honest, which was why I was interested in the Blue capture, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I tried a pair without prescription.

I was hoping to get some advice from people who've either used that or similar offerings like Lumina on whether it is worth it. The optician seemed to be trying really hard to upsell me on expensive prescriptions.
EienShouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:49 PM   #7047
Master Member

Honestly speaking,
Lutina/bluecap/blue zero all are similar.
All 3 products works on blue absorb. If you find blue cap not working so well, there is a higher possibility you will feel the same for the others.

But ultimately itís all subjective and at times placebo. The only one to allow you to feel more comfortable/reduced glare is the ones with yellowish hue or like what the optometrist shirui mentioned in the video that nakedtoe shared.

Hopefully lutina will give you the visual comfort!
Though itís unfortunate that someone is trying to up sell you.😅 hopefully the next person wonít do the same. Eyezone over here has more experience with tokai lutina.

I'm 25. I'm not that big of a fan of the yellowish hue to be honest, which was why I was interested in the Blue capture, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I tried a pair without prescription.

I was hoping to get some advice from people who've either used that or similar offerings like Lumina on whether it is worth it. The optician seemed to be trying really hard to upsell me on expensive prescriptions.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:12 PM   #7048

GANGSTERKIA.. Do you think Spectacle Hut is OK? I was quoted $250 for Zeiss progressive lens
subfusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:23 PM   #7049
Master Member

Did they mention what progressive was that? Which tier or the name? Zeiss light? Zeiss light 3D?

GANGSTERKIA.. Do you think Spectacle Hut is OK? I was quoted $250 for Zeiss progressive lens
Old 09-08-2020, 08:39 PM   #7050
Supremacy Member

Hi all. any recommendation for spec while using com? I went for lasik previously and had perfect eyesight but the stayhome thing really ruin my vision and my eyesight are getting worse. Any recommendation for spectacles while using computer?
Magickiller9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.