HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree527Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2020, 08:59 PM   #7051
Master Member

Do you mind letting us know what is your age right now? When did you do your lasik? Also did the deterioration of your vision only started during CB period. I.e March onwards?

Hi all. any recommendation for spec while using com? I went for lasik previously and had perfect eyesight but the stayhome thing really ruin my vision and my eyesight are getting worse. Any recommendation for spectacles while using computer?
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:45 PM   #7052

Did they mention what progressive was that? Which tier or the name? Zeiss light? Zeiss light 3D?
No.. Not really. I didn't really ask. I would assume it's the most basic one? Zeiss light and Zeiss light 3D... I think the latter is the better one?
subfusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:52 PM   #7053
Master Member

No.. Not really. I didn't really ask. I would assume it's the most basic one? Zeiss light and Zeiss light 3D... I think the latter is the better one?
Based on the price, it seems like the light or light 3d basic series.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:19 PM   #7054

Based on the price, it seems like the light or light 3d basic series.
I see.. What are the different grades for Zeiss lenses? I checked with Better Vision and they quoted me $400 and up for Essilor lenses
subfusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:44 PM   #7055
Master Member

I see.. What are the different grades for Zeiss lenses? I checked with Better Vision and they quoted me $400 and up for Essilor lenses
Zeiss starting from their basic(not counting AO lenses)

Zeiss Light
Zeiss Light 3D
Precision Pure
Precision Plus/Asiana
Precision Superb
Individual 2.

Essilor above 400 Based on RRP
Comfort 3.0
Physio 3.0
X design
X Track
Xclusive.
Old 10-08-2020, 01:58 AM   #7056
Supremacy Member

Question

I suggest you either use a double aspheric lens that will reduce the distortion significantly but only for distance or, anti fatigue lenses which will help in relaxing eye muscle when looking at near for Long hours BUT itís not double aspheric...
What's the difference and advantages of double-aspheric lens? Is it the same as single-vision lenses?
ralliart12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:10 AM   #7057
Master Member

What's the difference and advantages of double-aspheric lens? Is it the same as single-vision lenses?
Check out these articles

https://www.2020mag.com/article/asph...spheric-lenses

https://www.2020mag.com/ce/double-as...ree-form-D5313

In short, Lesser peripheral distortion, better clarity and thinner lenses. They are still counted as Single Vision as its only for one viewing distance.

Individuals with high prescriptions are usually encouraged to use DAL.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:45 PM   #7058

Hi,

If i've degree of 600 to 700, usually change every 3 years.

Was thinking on getting transition (driving) with those digital lens (computers).

What type of lens is recommended based on 1.74 index ?
ultimacloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #7059
Master Member

Hi,

If i've degree of 600 to 700, usually change every 3 years.

Was thinking on getting transition (driving) with those digital lens (computers).

What type of lens is recommended based on 1.74 index ?
If you want lenses that has blue light filter and can even Turn Dark in the car,
I suggest 1.67 Hoya Sync 3 +Sensity dark+blue control.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #7060

next lens I want to buy is Zeissís driving lens.
hereiam7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:10 PM   #7061

Hi all, I saw spectacles hut has promotion for Zeiss lenses purchase one pair of progressive lenses free a pair of home office lenses. The price for 1.6 index around $950. Is it worth to buy? Thanks.
hi if u want to buy a new spec u can let me know. i can give $50 discount of any specs of your choice..
mdabduh79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:20 PM   #7062

Uh, my current ones are cheap ones I got to get myself through NS. They're okay for what they are but are really scratched up and a deep cut on the left lens so I was thinking of replacing them.

Previously I using some Crizal lenses cuz my local optometrist carried them but after reading this thread for a bit, I see a lot of people commenting that they're not very good - they weren't very cheap either. So I'm at a loss for how to proceed.
hi feel free to pm me if u need to buy lenses. i can give 50-100 discount rates for any preffered lenses u buying. cheers..
Old 10-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #7063

I stay at Sengkang... Maybe somewhere around? I don't mind yishun, Thomson, Bishan or amk
hi feel free to pm me if u need to buy lenses. i can give 50-100 discount rates for any preffered lenses u buying. cheers..
Old 10-08-2020, 07:14 PM   #7064

Owndays prescription:
Could not post image.
Had new lenses done at Owndays last year. Did not wear it and this year tried to use it but found out that focus for reading/using computer screen is not good.. not straight... I have to lower my eyes...

Has to revert to previous glasses that I have used for 2+ years.

Not sure whatís the issue? Owndays progressive not suitable?
I am looking this year to do another set of progressive lenses...

Current prescription (Hoya)
Could not post image

Thanks for all advice
12sing34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:09 PM   #7065

I just came across the brand ic! Berlin today while looking for frames. I was kinda hunting for titanium frames when a shop recommended me this, although it is not titanium. The one I saw is Toru N, and it's metal but with rubberised temple ends (and it's really really light). I would like to ask, from anyone who uses ic Berlin on these:

1) are they long lasting? I am very careful with my frames and hope for them to last 4 to 5 years? Thus, can it last or would it suffer discoloration or paint chipping etc? Would the rubber crack easily? (like some bros here, I just bring it into my shower and wash it with soap water and use tissue to wipe the frames).

2) the materials looks really flimsy although the sales person assured me it's hard to break and show me how he bends it and still not break. Just wanted to know also if the shape would run/changes over time (i.e, becomes loose or not so tight fitting around your head to hold it in place).

3) any other cons or feedback people may have to suggest not buying it. Been trying to search for reviews on Google but not much on it. So any experiences or recommendation from existing users here would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance..

Last edited by skull1977; 10-08-2020 at 08:12 PM..
skull1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.