Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree531Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2020, 08:21 PM   #7066
Master Member

Ic berlin have some series made with titanium
Maybe some place still have their titanium sub-brand onono

Normal ic berlin are made with stainless steel so there's a risk it will have a bit of rust after few years
stylechap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #7067

Ic berlin have some series made with titanium
Maybe some place still have their titanium sub-brand onono
Yups. I kinda looked into their website for each model that suits me (generally, square/trapeze/full frame and not plastic). In particular, I looked at their sizes/measurement. Toru n size seems to fits me better cus it's measured at 57-17-145 (or 57-17-150 for Toru n se). My head abit big I guess.

The closes titanium was these two models which I will hope to try when I can find it at shops.
T117 - titanium 56-16-145
T118 - titanium 56-18-145

Hmmm so potential rusting is a consideration..

Last edited by skull1977; 10-08-2020 at 08:31 PM..
skull1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #7068

Hi all, I was quoted SGD 300 for ray ban clubmaster spectacles (not sunglass) with blu lens, power around 200. May I check if this is reasonable?
Jamesliu1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:34 PM   #7069
Master Member

Yups. I kinda looked into their website for each model that suits me (generally, square/trapeze/full frame and not plastic). In particular, I looked at their sizes/measurement. Toru n size seems to fits me better cus it's measured at 57-17-145 (or 57-17-150 for Toru n se). My head abit big I guess.

The closes titanium was these two models which I will hope to try when I can find it at shops.
T117 - titanium 56-16-145
T118 - titanium 56-18-145

Hmmm so potential rusting is a consideration..
You can look at lindberg
Many people here are wearing one
stylechap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:43 PM   #7070

You can look at lindberg
Many people here are wearing one
😂 I think it's not for everyone. I guess I have to balance the costs with practicability and how bad is your want or need Vs the ability to buy. To be honest, I havent seen it nor tried it and don't plan to cus trying to keep things simple. I may or may not like it too.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:12 PM   #7071
Master Member

Hi all, I was quoted SGD 300 for ray ban clubmaster spectacles (not sunglass) with blu lens, power around 200. May I check if this is reasonable?
Do you know what brand of lenses you are getting?
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:18 PM   #7072
Master Member

I just came across the brand ic! Berlin today while looking for frames. I was kinda hunting for titanium frames when a shop recommended me this, although it is not titanium. The one I saw is Toru N, and it's metal but with rubberised temple ends (and it's really really light). I would like to ask, from anyone who uses ic Berlin on these:

1) are they long lasting? I am very careful with my frames and hope for them to last 4 to 5 years? Thus, can it last or would it suffer discoloration or paint chipping etc? Would the rubber crack easily? (like some bros here, I just bring it into my shower and wash it with soap water and use tissue to wipe the frames).

2) the materials looks really flimsy although the sales person assured me it's hard to break and show me how he bends it and still not break. Just wanted to know also if the shape would run/changes over time (i.e, becomes loose or not so tight fitting around your head to hold it in place).

3) any other cons or feedback people may have to suggest not buying it. Been trying to search for reviews on Google but not much on it. So any experiences or recommendation from existing users here would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance..
Hey bro

1) yes they are, if you handle your glasses well. I can assure you it can last you for at least 3-4 years or until you are sick of it. Paint discoloration usually starts when glasses drop many times, the coating starts to get chipped and from that weak point it spreads further. But since you are careful, i say, unlikely. Rubber cracking shouldnt be an issue as long as you don't expose the rubber to hot surfaces for long duration e.g. leaving it under the sun/car for long hours. But since you are wearing it, Safe!

2)Shape changing and all is due to own handling, if you seat on it accidentally, put too much force e.g. Stepping on it, Or constantly removing your frame with one hand. Surely there would be some changes. So just be more careful, remove frame with 2 hands, pretty safe too!

3) Really good frame, I am leaning towards lindberg HAHA, it's cheaper than lindberg for sure, i am not sure how much you saw the price but lindberg in general is about 700+ onwards before discount.

Overall i would say ICB is a good brand to go for.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:20 PM   #7073
Master Member

Owndays prescription:
Could not post image.
Had new lenses done at Owndays last year. Did not wear it and this year tried to use it but found out that focus for reading/using computer screen is not good.. not straight... I have to lower my eyes...

Has to revert to previous glasses that I have used for 2+ years.

Not sure whatís the issue? Owndays progressive not suitable?
I am looking this year to do another set of progressive lenses...

Current prescription (Hoya)
Could not post image

Thanks for all advice
Lowering your eyes too see computer, that seems strange, for progressive most individuals with degree issue will have to tilt their chin up more to see better.

It might have to do with the prescription/adjustment or the frame measurements. Hard to tell through the forum like this. Maybe you can check back with them.

Current prescription Hoya, Do you mean using a new hoya prescription lenses? any idea what brand is it? If no image, you have any more details to elaborate?
Old 10-08-2020, 10:43 PM   #7074

Hey bro

Overall i would say ICB is a good brand to go for.
Thank you for sharing. And the confidence. As am getting older, kinda looking for lighter frames especially if they are on your face 70% of your awake time. I have oily face, so my frames slips down alot (have to keep pushing it back up) and usually tend to get red mark at the nose area for wearing it too long, especially infront of computer for many hours. Also worried oily and rubberised temples don't really mix well. Wifey using one rubberised temple frames from Oakley and it's already cracking and torn in less than 2 years, so I guess that's a problem with rubber. Would prefer zero maintenance costs.

The shop in hougang mall that recommended this selling it at 700++ (but I guess it's understandable that prices in mall is generally higher). A quick search online shows it mostly retailing at $680 (before discount i think). Hoping and trying to find if any shops at neighbourhood area can do better in terms of discount given or if I can get it to below $450.

Last edited by skull1977; 10-08-2020 at 10:55 PM..
Old 10-08-2020, 10:48 PM   #7075
Master Member

are hugo boss' titanium frame worth the money?
zhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:33 PM   #7076
High Supremacy Member

Yes Sir! If its mainly for monitors and looking at near documents e.g. contracts and all, office lens would be very suitable.
Sir, $300 budget for this ok?

Sent from Apollo 13 using GAGT
Velton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:16 AM   #7077

Alright, firstly this is a ''almost'' islandwide zeiss promo. Almost because maybe some shops ''dont'' promote this promotion.

You can ONLY CHOOSE ONE(pardon the caps. just need to highlight it)
1)Free Photofusion on any lenses
2)Free design upgrade (only 1 level up)e.g. Precision Plus-->Precision Superb
Precision superb-->Individual 2
3)Purchase Zeiss progressive lens, you get an office lens
4)If you purchase myopia control zeiss lenses, you get a pair of single vision lens with blueprotect
5)If you purchase a digital lens, you get a single vision lens with blueprotect

If shops don't want to mention about the other promos, its understandable as sales and all are involve.

Office lenses are lenses that as the name suggests, to be used only in the office/desk settings. It has close to no Distance vision vision(not entirely).
The lens is designed in a way such that if you look straight, your intermediate distance(e.g. computer/desktop) distance will be clear, and if you roll your eyes down, then your reading will be clear. But if you are looking to see distance e.g. driving Then the progressive lenses will be better for you as progressive will allow you to see distance,intermediate and near. Just that for progressive lenses, intermediate zone vision will not be as WIDE as an Office lens.
Seem spectacles hut dun have promotion upgrade to higher level no point to have 2 pairs of specs. Will need to search around where have this promotion.
khyun2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 11:27 AM   #7078
Master Member

I am guessing itís good for consumer but for retail doing the promo, itís abit of a loss in earning so understandably some places do not/may not want to promote it.

Or I could always recommend you to afew places I know that does it

Seem spectacles hut dun have promotion upgrade to higher level no point to have 2 pairs of specs. Will need to search around where have this promotion.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:27 AM   #7079
Master Member

For the lenses yes but for frame and lenses, a little hard... maybe raise the Budget to 400 then itís possible!

Sir, $300 budget for this ok?

Sent from Apollo 13 using GAGT
Old 11-08-2020, 11:28 AM   #7080
Master Member

450... I not too sure. I believe it will be higher.. Maybe you go DM Jamco optical on Instagram and see if you could get a listing from them!

Thank you for sharing. And the confidence. As am getting older, kinda looking for lighter frames especially if they are on your face 70% of your awake time. I have oily face, so my frames slips down alot (have to keep pushing it back up) and usually tend to get red mark at the nose area for wearing it too long, especially infront of computer for many hours. Also worried oily and rubberised temples don't really mix well. Wifey using one rubberised temple frames from Oakley and it's already cracking and torn in less than 2 years, so I guess that's a problem with rubber. Would prefer zero maintenance costs.

The shop in hougang mall that recommended this selling it at 700++ (but I guess it's understandable that prices in mall is generally higher). A quick search online shows it mostly retailing at $680 (before discount i think). Hoping and trying to find if any shops at neighbourhood area can do better in terms of discount given or if I can get it to below $450.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.