HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Like Tree527Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2020, 04:50 PM   #7156
Supremacy Member

Get yourself a digital lens/anti fatigue or maybe even progressives.

Digital lenses/antifatigue lenses comes with blue light filter too.

Price range from 200+ onwards(depending on your prescription).
thanks
so i just ask for Digital lenses/antifatigue ...so owndays/zoff etc dun have

btw can do 1 side higher refractive, 1 side normal to save cost
my left eye is near perfect
tanahgu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 05:39 PM   #7157
Master Member

Means one eye see clear for near the other eye will see blur. Is that what you prefer?

Cost vs effectiveness. I think doing for both would be the better option instead of saving.

thanks
so i just ask for Digital lenses/antifatigue ...so owndays/zoff etc dun have

btw can do 1 side higher refractive, 1 side normal to save cost
my left eye is near perfect
GANGSTERKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 09:35 PM   #7158

Oakley 200-300
Silhouette 400+
Lindberg 700+

Before less prices.

Lindberg probably Jamco, the other 2.. I not too sure. Many shop carries silhouettes and Oakley.
where should I go to for Silhouette?

saw Titan Dynamics Contour & Dynamics Colorwave, any idea how much this is going for?

also heard their rimless can break easily, is that true?
onizuka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 10:52 PM   #7159
Master Member

rimless by itself, without any frame, naturally is more vulnerable to breakage e.g. putting weight on it It or lens breaking due to dropping it from a higher height.

I personally donít think it breaks easily and depends on the wearers handling honestly.

where should I go to for Silhouette?

saw Titan Dynamics Contour & Dynamics Colorwave, any idea how much this is going for?

also heard their rimless can break easily, is that true?
Old 24-08-2020, 01:16 AM   #7160

rimless by itself, without any frame, naturally is more vulnerable to breakage e.g. putting weight on it It or lens breaking due to dropping it from a higher height.

I personally donít think it breaks easily and depends on the wearers handling honestly.
Silhouette full-rim seems really thin n light too ...

Which shop carries the most extensive range for Silhouette?

www.smartbuyglasses.com.sg - how this site? safe to buy from them?
onizuka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 02:46 AM   #7161
Supremacy Member

I tried this online test https://myvisionprofile.zeiss.com/#intro and it recommended zeiss smartlife

1) what is the price range?
2) is smartlife under single vision, digital lens or something else?
3) what's the differences between working lens and digital lens?
seems like this is the latest lens from zeiss and the best in the market so far. Dont think hoya has any similar to match at the moment? From website, seems to indicate only in the market beginning of this year, not sure if sg mkt has it already? Used to be a firm hoya fan. Might switch to zeiss fan soon..

Seems like its all in one type. Got single vision, digital and progressive as well.

Need expert advice. Even my top tier individual SV lens bought 5 yrs ago also seem outdated by the new smartlife individual SV liao. Jin cham. Old one never take into account digital life. Sianz half.
Seannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 08:43 AM   #7162
Master Member

I refitted an Ang mo using smart life with zeiss single vision. No problem. Canít see any difference at all. So..... if you have no issue with your glasses maybe not need do anything or stick to same?

Itís subjective. Better for individual with high power, Low power usually wonít feel much difference.

seems like this is the latest lens from zeiss and the best in the market so far. Dont think hoya has any similar to match at the moment? From website, seems to indicate only in the market beginning of this year, not sure if sg mkt has it already? Used to be a firm hoya fan. Might switch to zeiss fan soon..

Seems like its all in one type. Got single vision, digital and progressive as well.

Need expert advice. Even my top tier individual SV lens bought 5 yrs ago also seem outdated by the new smartlife individual SV liao. Jin cham. Old one never take into account digital life. Sianz half.
Old 24-08-2020, 08:46 AM   #7163
Master Member

Well, if you are comfortable with the price, and alright with 0 servicing if you frame spoils when using then I believe itís alright to buy online.

Cons of online is that you donít get any frame warranty should you go to any optical shop. The shop might service your frame e.g. clean and all on goodwill basis but when it comes to adjustment, itís at your own risk. Shop will not shoulder any responsibilities should that happen.
Pros, probably cheaper than outside.

Honestly a lot of shop carries the brand haha.. so I canít really pinpoint. Maybe you can look around in this forum whereby we posted quite a number of places to visit.

Silhouette full-rim seems really thin n light too ...

Which shop carries the most extensive range for Silhouette?

www.smartbuyglasses.com.sg - how this site? safe to buy from them?
Old 24-08-2020, 09:05 AM   #7164
Supremacy Member

I refitted an Ang mo using smart life with zeiss single vision. No problem. Canít see any difference at all. So..... if you have no issue with your glasses maybe not need do anything or stick to same?

Itís subjective. Better for individual with high power, Low power usually wonít feel much difference.
U have the price list for 1.74 zeiss smartlife RX lens? Mind to share?
Old 24-08-2020, 09:14 AM   #7165
Master Member

Sure. When I reach work I will let you know.

U have the price list for 1.74 zeiss smartlife RX lens? Mind to share?
Old 24-08-2020, 10:04 AM   #7166
Supremacy Member

Sure. When I reach work I will let you know.
I suppose smartlife lens would be more expensive than individual right? Assuming from the way u said not much visual difference, maybe a marketing technique to upgrade and put a premium to it? Looks like consolidate functions into a single design then slowly phase out the existing office lens, digital lens, SV lens etc? This new smartlife lens supposed to do everything, like customisable, can make your eyes less tired, far intermediate near zones all covered like that.

Hoya dont have similar universal lens yet right?
Old 24-08-2020, 10:10 AM   #7167
Supremacy Member

Just wondering whether this new smartlife lens require any minimum lens height like progressive lens or not? What is the standard minimum height lens for progressives? I have couple of frames which are about 29-30mm frame height only, not sure if they can be fitted in future or not.

Worried becos all my frames quite expensive and dont wanna waste them. Younger time impulse buy for collection. Now scared liao.
Old 24-08-2020, 10:52 AM   #7168

May I know the average prices of single vision lenses in terms of brands? There are too many brands out there and normally will just go for the cheapest...but want to know the differences on the types of lenses.
ke3bbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 11:03 AM   #7169

Looking for a reputable shop located in the east.
Any reccs for digital lens and also generally good frames?
My degree should be <300. Budget <$500
Thanks in advance!
seikatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 11:27 AM   #7170
Master Member

I suppose smartlife lens would be more expensive than individual right? Assuming from the way u said not much visual difference, maybe a marketing technique to upgrade and put a premium to it? Looks like consolidate functions into a single design then slowly phase out the existing office lens, digital lens, SV lens etc? This new smartlife lens supposed to do everything, like customisable, can make your eyes less tired, far intermediate near zones all covered like that.

Hoya dont have similar universal lens yet right?
Nulux V+ is their version. It is Double Aspheric as compared to the other big brands in the market. Zeiss isnt. Nulux V+ also requires those values.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.