The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hoya sync Pro 3 is which tier.

What price difference between single lens vs progressive.

TIA.
Sync 3 pro is not in here.
Different category, those I stated were progressive lenses.
Sync3 pro is under antifatigue, in the middle of single vision lenses and progressives.
basic single vision can range from 60-300+?
progressive from 350 onwards.

Luvbella

Reaction score
Right: -375 x -050 x 140
Left: -50 x -50 x 10
Reading (A): +125

Hi Gangsterkia

Like to get your advice for my situation.

I am 42 and got my 1st pair of progressive (Tokai) lens from LK**. I did my single vision with them about 1 year ago.

The progressive can read near but far wasn't too clear, especially road signs at night or shopping mall signages - those sign with lights. It doesn't help even if shifted the position of the spects a little up or down.

They retest my eyepower after 2weeks there were no change in my eyepower. But the strange thing is I can see clearly with that testing spectacles which had the exact power as my single vision & progressive (top part).

Any advice for me which type/brand of progressive lens is good for me, and i think a good optician. I am deskbound and use laptop for at least 8hrs a day. I desperately needed a good pair of glasses.

Many TIA...

hi hi Gangsterkia / all shifus here

based on my power & experience with Tokai lens. what lens would be recommended. staying in the east

does anyone use charmant frames and any idea where can i find in singapore

thanks in advance

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
hi hi Gangsterkia / all shifus here

based on my power & experience with Tokai lens. what lens would be recommended. staying in the east

does anyone use charmant frames and any idea where can i find in singapore

thanks in advance
Hi,
You can find charmant at places like
Kj optometrists
Eyewear optics
Jamco optical
And many more.
Charmant is a popular brand so many practices do carry them.
You could look at hoya, Zeiss, Essilor..

numan108

Reaction score
I don't like progressive and want to go for single lens, any shops to recommend in Bishan /AMK. TIA.

pshing

Reaction score
Sync 3 pro is not in here.
Different category, those I stated were progressive lenses.
Sync3 pro is under antifatigue, in the middle of single vision lenses and progressives.
basic single vision can range from 60-300+?
progressive from 350 onwards.
For Hoya sync 3 now is it still with free upgrade to sync 3 pro? If my eyes are around 800-900 degrees, with transition, blue control and 1.67 index, roughly what’s the price I should be looking? Thank you.

middy0

Reaction score
Hi all & @GANGSTERKIA ,

I believe my lens prescription is something like:
Left eye: -5.75 | Moderate (?) astig
Right eye: -5.5 | Moderate (?) astig

I'm looking for a pair of quality and durable (Acetate frame?) spectacles (single lens) with the essential protection (e.g. blue-light filter) for long hours of staring at screen/phone.

Don't need branded, quality will do. Budget: max $500

Are there any specific brands and/or models to recommend?
Thank you all 🙏

Last edited:

Lucky_Farmer

Reaction score
Hi @GANGSTERKIA,

i have already had my frames and just want a shop to replace the lenses for me. I know my description. Please can you help recommend a shop. I live next to Old Airport Hawker so Central or East (Katong) works well for me. Thank you!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi @GANGSTERKIA,

i have already had my frames and just want a shop to replace the lenses for me. I know my description. Please can you help recommend a shop. I live next to Old Airport Hawker so Central or East (Katong) works well for me. Thank you!
Hi!
then Jamco optical at katong shopping center would be the best place for you! So close too.
They will be able to assist you well.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all & @GANGSTERKIA ,

I believe my lens prescription is something like:
Left eye: -5.75 | Moderate (?) astig
Right eye: -5.5 | Moderate (?) astig

I'm looking for a pair of quality and durable (Acetate frame?) spectacles (single lens) with the essential protection (e.g. blue-light filter) for long hours of staring at screen/phone.

Don't need branded, quality will do. Budget: max $500

Are there any specific brands and/or models to recommend?
Thank you all 🙏
Hey!
Your budget seems adequate for what you are looking for…
There are many frames available for that budget you have.
So it’s more of where you probably want to go to make.

middy0

Reaction score
Hey!
Your budget seems adequate for what you are looking for…
There are many frames available for that budget you have.
So it’s more of where you probably want to go to make.
Thanks for the reply!

Are there any recommended brands for lens/frame that I should look out for specifically? Cuz there is so much information out there and I'm not sure what I should be looking out for specifically (other than Acetate frame, blue-light filter).

Would want to get a pair that is well worth it (rather than just going for branded/leave it to the practitioner to recommend) so I know a bit more as to what I'm buying into when I'm at the shop? (Feel free to PM me if it is not convenient to reply here)

Thanks all!

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

Are there any recommended brands for lens/frame that I should look out for specifically? Cuz there is so much information out there and I'm not sure what I should be looking out for specifically (other than Acetate frame, blue-light filter).

Would want to get a pair that is well worth it (rather than just going for branded) so I can request it when I'm at the shop?

Thanks all!
You are welcome.
Yes, you can let them know your frame preference and budget, then the practitioner will be able to assist you and your needs well.

higoodhi

Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia,

Has been using the normal (with green coating/filter) lenses and was introduced eyezen anti-fatigue lenses by the optician. From the catalogue a 1.67 lenses cost $410, wonder should i try out and any woh factors and whether does it really helps?

I work at office environment and requires using the laptop constantly with L & R eyes at- 5.00

Read through some information on eyezen and the bottom of the lens will have a lower degree. You mentioned that there are 2 regions while another reply mentioned that there are 3 regions (top,middle & bottom) therefore now i am confused how many regions are there. . . .

As i have not use this before, wondering my eyes can custom to the different region and do i need to control my eyeballs or everything will work normally as in if i am using my laptop it will glance through the bottom lens ?

The degree at the bottom of the lens is decided based on my existing degree of -5.00 [Any standard calculation or depends on the optican ? i am not on Eyezen + (Add)]

Thanks

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia,

Has been using the normal (with green coating/filter) lenses and was introduced eyezen anti-fatigue lenses by the optician. From the catalogue a 1.67 lenses cost $410, wonder should i try out and any woh factors and whether does it really helps?

I work at office environment and requires using the laptop constantly with L & R eyes at- 5.00

Read through some information on eyezen and the bottom of the lens will have a lower degree. You mentioned that there are 2 regions while another reply mentioned that there are 3 regions (top,middle & bottom) therefore now i am confused how many regions are there. . . .

As i have not use this before, wondering my eyes can custom to the different region and do i need to control my eyeballs or everything will work normally as in if i am using my laptop it will glance through the bottom lens ?

The degree at the bottom of the lens is decided based on my existing degree of -5.00 [Any standard calculation or depends on the optican ? i am not on Eyezen + (Add)]

Thanks
Hi there! Apologies for the inc WOT.

The effects of antifatigue/digital lenses like hoya sync 3, Essilor eyezen or Zeiss digital lens/energizeme, is in a way felt naturally. You won’t feel like when you put it on and , suddenly, oh the computer or documents are a lot better.
The lenses with the add power at the bottom generally relaxes your eye muscles throughout the day. The add power at the bottom will take the load off your accomodative muscles so instead of 100% used throughout the day, maybe 60%?(the concept).
Regarding the 2-3 viewing zones, generally as digital lenses/antifatigue lenses have lower add(lao hua power/presbyopia power) as compared to progressives, thus the zones are more compact and why I mentioned antifatigue lenses have 2 zones usually. But as the add power increases like progressive +1.50 and above, the distinction between the viewing area becomes more obvious, thus the distance,intermediate and near zone as compared to antifatigue which is generally distance and near.
Such lenses is really easy to get adapted too. The degree at the bottom is decided by your practitioner based on your visual tasks, such lenses have default add like
Zeiss digital lenses-25,50,75,100,125
Eyezen-0.4/0.8 and one more…
Hoya sync 3-0.53,0.9,1.32
Thus your practitioner will and should be able to recommend a suitable add for you.

ke3bbs

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently got a pair of Oakleys off Amazon and looking to get lenses for it. Is it true that the lenses will cost more because of curved frames?

Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.