Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

boobip

Reaction score
Hi Guys, am thinking of getting my first rolex. I'm eyeing the GMT Master II with black/red bezel and jubilee bracelet. Dickson Watches quoted me $5.4k, and I also saw a 4 year old GMT Master II (full black bezel with jubilee bracelet) going for $4.8k at www.passions.com.sg. After thinking through, felt it is pretty worth it to fork out more for a brand new Rolex instead of getting a used one. Any thoughts about the resale value of this particular model and maybe the cheapest place to get this watch? Appreciate your comments!

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
boobip said:
Hi Guys, am thinking of getting my first rolex. I'm eyeing the GMT Master II with black/red bezel and jubilee bracelet. Dickson Watches quoted me $5.4k, and I also saw a 4 year old GMT Master II (full black bezel with jubilee bracelet) going for $4.8k at www.passions.com.sg. After thinking through, felt it is pretty worth it to fork out more for a brand new Rolex instead of getting a used one. Any thoughts about the resale value of this particular model and maybe the cheapest place to get this watch? Appreciate your comments!
how come the price for GMT2 you all get so low...??? thought it retails at S$6979...
if really 5.4K...$600 is not a great different...and new watch come with 2yrs warranty by Rolex...
think GMT2 resale value not as good as compare to the rest of Pro...

as i said...there only 7 ADs in Spore...best still visit them..do your own homework and search for best price...

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
benqhoo said:
how come the price for GMT2 you all get so low...??? thought it retails at S$6979...
if really 5.4K...$600 is not a great different...and new watch come with 2yrs warranty by Rolex...
think GMT2 resale value not as good as compare to the rest of Pro...

as i said...there only 7 ADs in Spore...best still visit them..do your own homework and search for best price...
for sub 6k models, which are the ones that have "good" resale value?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
boobip said:

How abt the one with oyster?? i am meeting another 2 forumer tomorrow to buy... onterested PM me

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any one know if want to change to original oyster strip how much??

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
snip3r said:

sub good value now because of the history.. but if u sell to 2nd hand watch shop all the pro series they pay u the $$$ acording to condition and the age...

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
snip3r said:
why always want think of the resale value...??? you buy liao want to sell meh...???
brand new want sell...my guess about 30~40% gone...not very sure...est only...
you want know...buy liao then go shop ask loh... =:p

if want buy play for sometime then sell...maybe buy pre-owned better lah...just hunt for those worth buy one...next time sell won't lose so much...think 20% ba...

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bwaysaigan said:
u all buys wat models?????

Ist choice GMT2
2nd normal sub
.. the other guy if can sub date at good price he gat else GMT2 also...

boobip

Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
How abt the one with oyster?? i am meeting another 2 forumer tomorrow to buy... onterested PM me

Ok, Dickson Centrepoint quoted me around $330 more for the GMT2 with oyster bracelet, so that works out to be roughly 5.7k for a GMT2 with oyster bracelet for the models that have combination colours on bezel. The all black model is going for more than 6k, even with jubilee bracelet. I'm not exactly going for the all black, as I prefer the one with black/red bezel combination and also, anything more than 6k, I'd be really hunting for the Sub-Date at 6.2k as stated by others. I personally found their price alright, though I have yet to go down to the ADs to take a look. Oh ya, they quoted me $700 for an oyster bracelet (in case I wanted both jubilee and oyster bracelet), which I personally feel is overpriced if it's to be bought on it's own. The Dickson guy (PM me for his name) also told me that he can match the price of his sub without date at $4.8k but however, he mentioned that on the invoice he can only state the sale of a 'timepiece' instead of 'rolex'... really wonder how will this affect the warranty.

Another thing that u guys might be interested is the price of rolexes in KL. When I was interested in acquiring a Rolex Explorer II 2 months ago, my good friend told me that he's got a colleague who got his explorer II for SGD$4.3k in KL. So I'm getting my friend who's based in KL to check out the prices there to see if it's really cheaper.

The funny thing is that I was initially attracted to the Tag Carrera chrono...$1.8k. Then I was thinking to myself... what happens if I wanna sell it sometime down the road. Probably no one will ever want it anymore. Though the GMT2 costs 3 times the price of a Tag Carrera, at least I feel so much better wearing it on my wrist than a Carrera. I tried on Tudors yesterday too, but none can compare to the build quality of a rolex man(maybe I'm biased?). Well, I guess that I've gotta wear it for at least 5-6 years before I think of either upgrading or procuring others (Vacheron Constantine Enamel watches are a dream!). But primarily, the watch will have some value in it, so let's just take it as having emergency cash strapped around your hands and I have liked Rolex ever since I saw my dad wearing one. :D

XXXXXXXXXX

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone else knows if the price in KL (from authorised shops) is better than in SG?

:s11:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.